I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Zhukov Jun 23rd, 2010 06:36 AM

With time to kill I bought and watched all the episodes of Bottom. Sometimes unfunny, sometimes hilarious.

Kitsa Jun 23rd, 2010 06:56 AM

100% agreed, Zhukov.

Mad Melvin Jun 23rd, 2010 08:05 AM

Just watched all seasons of The Wire. I honestly think that television doesn't get much better than that. It took me quite a few episodes to get into the series, but after that I was hooked. Omar is propably one of the best characters in any television series ever. Everything about this show was just awesome as hell. Granted, the fifth season was a bit weaker than the previous four, but it still kicked ass.

Now that I think about it, The Sopranos may be the only other series I like better.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2010 11:46 AM

I started watching ncis lately because it has that guy from summer school in it. Then I found out ncis: l.a. has ll cool j AND chris o'donnell in it.

Dimnos Jun 23rd, 2010 11:56 AM

There is an NCIS: LA?

Esuohlim Jun 23rd, 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 689951)
Just watched all seasons of The Wire. I honestly think that television doesn't get much better than that. It took me quite a few episodes to get into the series, but after that I was hooked. Omar is propably one of the best characters in any television series ever. Everything about this show was just awesome as hell. Granted, the fifth season was a bit weaker than the previous four, but it still kicked ass.

The only problem I had with the Wire is that is made the other TV shows I liked look weak by comparison, effectively making me like those TV shows less the next time I watched them :(

Mad Melvin Jun 23rd, 2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 689970)
The only problem I had with the Wire is that is made the other TV shows I liked look weak by comparison, effectively making me like those TV shows less the next time I watched them :(

The Wire is so different from the other shows I watch, so no problem for me. Watching the last episode from season 5 made mee feel hella depressed for a couple of days, though. I know the show is entirely fictional, but I still felt like I lost something important. Partly because the show was so incredibly well written and the characters were so great, and partly because I have no life so I can dwell on shit like this way longer than necessary.

I'm in dire need of a good (crime) drama. Already watched The Sopranos, Oz, The Wire, Rescue Me, Breaking Bad and Dexter. Any suggestions?

Esuohlim Jun 23rd, 2010 06:54 PM

While I haven't seen any of it yet, I hear The Shield is very good the whole way through. And it's not a crime drama, but Six Feet Under is tops! You can't go wrong with anything from HBO really.

kahljorn Jun 23rd, 2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Watching the last episode from season 5 made mee feel hella depressed for a couple of days, though. I know the show is entirely fictional, but I still felt like I lost something important. Partly because the show was so incredibly well written and the characters were so great, and partly because I have no life so I can dwell on shit like this way longer than necessary.
SORT OF LIKE AVATAR DEPRESSION EXCEPT NOT INVOLVING A GAY MOVIE

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 689958)
There is an NCIS: LA?

Oh yeah. I'm going to have to start watching normal current television shows more often.

Tadao Jun 24th, 2010 03:47 AM

I thought it was Law and Order : LA

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 24th, 2010 10:42 AM

ABBOT AND COSTELLO MEET NCIS

darkvare Jun 24th, 2010 03:44 PM

i've seen ncis la but i find it as lame as the original

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 2nd, 2010 10:32 AM

I've put off watching season 3 of chappelle's show but I found it on netflix last night. Turned it off halfway through the first episode.

Watched AEon Flux instead.

Pentegarn Jul 2nd, 2010 04:20 PM

But season 3 has the Howard Dean and racial pixie sketches

Esuohlim Jul 31st, 2010 04:44 AM

I've been watching Californication lately. At first I thought it was just ok, and then I just kind of started hating all the characters and their insufferable trendiness. EVERYONE IS TRENDY. Hank is a smug writer, Karen used to be in a noise band, the 12-year-old daughter sings and plays guitar and worships Satan.

Somewhere near the end of season 1 it picked up, though. Then I blasted through season 2 in two days, which I thought was way better. :\

Grislygus Jul 31st, 2010 04:53 AM

IMATHOROUGHLY ENJOYING FRANKENHOLE. THAT IS ALL.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 31st, 2010 03:10 PM

I can't FATHOM who is third from the left

Started watching OZ from episode 1.

MarioRPG Aug 1st, 2010 09:59 AM

I'm watching Twin Peaks. Just onto the second season now. It's different than what I expected.

Esuohlim Aug 1st, 2010 11:40 AM

I've heard nothing but great things about Twin Peaks, but so far I've only seen the intro and it seemed incredibly dated.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 1st, 2010 01:11 PM

I've seen part of an episode of twink peeks but I've seen the movie Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me and it was pretty good.

Ex Leper Aug 2nd, 2010 09:33 PM

My favorite show currently is Louis CK's new show on FX, until Conan returns of course

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2010 10:18 PM

lil yimmy

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2010 11:01 PM

My mom wanted me to watch the first season of Royal Pains when she rented it. It was contrived and bad on multiple levels but for some reason I was pathetically hypnotized. The hypnosis continues every time I trip over it when channel surfing.

I don't know why. It's so bad.

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2010 04:23 AM

I just saw an episode of some vile reality TV show where the host looked like a crab. I can't remember what it was called, any ideas?