I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

boshobosho Jan 3rd, 2008 05:22 AM

Balls of Fury, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, The Simpsons Movie (which I actually could only stomach 1/2 an hour of)
I don't see many movies. And I will only go to the theater to see stuff I deem worth paying for. I'm cheap.

Fathom Zero Jan 3rd, 2008 01:54 PM

Snoopy come home

shakaconner Jan 3rd, 2008 10:09 PM

Out For Justice, classic Seagal

Vila Jan 4th, 2008 08:07 AM

Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door -- This one will leave you crawling into the shower wanting to boil your skin off.

The Call of Cthulhu by the HPL Historical Socitey -- Pretty much shatters the notion that B films are junk while shattering your sanity.

terrva Jan 4th, 2008 05:53 PM

Hell Comes to Frogtown. AWESOME 80's b-movie. It's about a man named Sam Hell (played by none other than the pro wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper) who just happens to be a fertile man in post nuclear america, getting hired by the army to save a bunch of women from a town inhabited by frog mutants. It's totally great.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 06:01 PM

I totally wanted to watch Dead Man's Shoes.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 5th, 2008 12:08 AM

Sweeney Todd - A good movie if you like musicals, and violence, which i do. So it was a damn good movie. Emu can go suck an ass.

WhiteRat Jan 5th, 2008 02:01 AM

Commando Director's Cut.

If you haven't seen this great 80's action flick, I highly recommend you turn off your copy of Bratz: The Movie and pick this shit up.

executioneer Jan 5th, 2008 03:18 AM

commando is hilarious :( highly recommended

sloth Jan 5th, 2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 519170)
I totally wanted to watch Dead Man's Shoes.

do it man. its gotta have the best use of 'cunt' in any film. i agree its definitely better than this is england, which is pretty good in its own right but it felt like whatshisname just wanted to make a movie about skins more than anything else. gonna try and get hold of nil by mouth next, ray winstone! what a magnificent bastard. cant believe he turned into mr fucking beaver in lion witch and the wardrobe.

Mullon Jan 5th, 2008 07:36 PM

I saw The Golden Compass thinking it might be as enjoyable as the book, or at the very least tihnking NIcole Kidman could act in character.

I was so wrong. So terribly wrong.

bigtimecow Jan 6th, 2008 03:48 AM

i just finished watching "primer." probably one of the better movies i've seen about time travel

MetalMilitia Jan 6th, 2008 07:10 AM

Zodiac and Goodfellas.

Zodiac was really good, if a little long. Goodfellas was also enjoyable, though I'd seen it before.

MarioRPG Jan 6th, 2008 08:16 AM

Bubba Ho-Tep.
It was pretty much what I expected. :D

Zomboid Jan 6th, 2008 10:24 AM

The Girl Next Door (2007)

This was really fucked up. It was good, but disturbing. The fact that it was based on a real torture/murder and in reality there wasn't any good characters and no one thought anything odd about the situation makes it that much worse.

Supafly345 Jan 7th, 2008 07:05 PM

Yeah, I don't think thats a movie I'll ever watch for pleasure.

JediScum Jan 8th, 2008 05:56 PM

I have been actively avoiding this for years, but I now give up. Without reading the books for comparison, I am watching the "Harry Potter" films, from start to their current end, starting with the first 3.

So I watched the 1st one a bit ago and thought, Goddamn! The music for this is totally ripping off "Star Wars". Then watching the credits, I saw John Williams did the score.

It it me, or is Alan Rickman the model for all "emo" kids?

Fathom Zero Jan 8th, 2008 06:03 PM

I <3 Hans Gruber.

The Manhattan Project is a really good film.

Angryhydralisk Jan 8th, 2008 06:23 PM

Gaaaaahh....

Simpsons Movie! - I'd say it was worth all the hype. The huomr was good enough for me and it felt like a movie. That was good.

Dance of the Drunk Mantis! - The Drunken Master sequel you never heard of because it dosen't have Jackie Chan but you can get it with five other flicks for 15 bucks. Still, this film holds it's own and Sickness Boxing sounds bizarre enough to work. Just like Drunken Boxing.

A Christmas Story! - Well, YEAH!

GRUMPYNZ Jan 9th, 2008 04:18 PM

I am Legend. A really good film, despite the ending and the Playstation baddies (i wont get into the vampire/zombie debate). Will Smith did pretty well in what was predominantly a one-man show, and that dog seriously deserves a best supporting actor nomination! I must read the book some time, because i'm a big fan of Richard Matheson's work on things like the Twilight Zone.

Spetsnaz Jan 12th, 2008 12:38 PM

The last movie I watched was Dead Man on Campus...

MetalMilitia Jan 12th, 2008 12:43 PM

Full Metal Jacket, Godfather Pt.1.

Both were excellent.

Spetsnaz Jan 12th, 2008 01:51 PM

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!

MM, watch this, you'd probably like it :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zFLxV825lt8

Fat_Hippo Jan 19th, 2008 08:31 AM

Three Burials.

Pretty cool movie. Very different.

Dixie Jan 19th, 2008 10:47 AM

Sonny Chiba's The Bodyguard
Very classic! I didn't realize how much Tarantino took from old Chiba films until I saw this one. It's a shame all the boobs were censored by pixelation blurs though :(