I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

HickMan Mar 26th, 2008 04:20 AM

Real Genius

Waking Ned Devine

MetalMilitia Mar 26th, 2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 542244)
I just watched the orphanage. The subtitles did pop up and disappear kinda quickly, but really, all it takes is a quick glance to read what's there. I really liked it. Genuinely creepy in some parts and I really liked how they ended it. The very last scene seemed a bit unnecessary but that's not a big deal at all.

I had mixed feeling about the ending. While I did like it I felt it was almost too similar to Pan's Labyrinth:

Spoilers!

HickMan Mar 27th, 2008 12:13 AM

Just watched The Fisher King for the first time. Robin Williams is really hairy

terrva Mar 27th, 2008 11:40 AM

I watched Funky Forest: The First Contact (imdb) the other day. It was pretty entertaining and featured some kick arse music, especially at the end.

If you like brainfuck films such as Holy Mountain, El Topo, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Eraserhead, eXistenZ and Brazil, you'll probably enjoy this. However, this one doesn't have as much offensive stuff in it as the ones mentioned.

BLEU Mar 27th, 2008 07:44 PM

Night of the Lepus.

It's... surprisingly violent at parts.

VVVV There is something wrong with you. VVVV

mmm_braaains Mar 27th, 2008 10:33 PM

The last noteworthy film I watched was 30 Days of Night.
Let's just say, it gave me a she-boner. I loves me some vampires,
and not the pansy Anne Rice ones either. Hard ass, baby-eating, face chewing vampires are the best.

Mintrude Mar 29th, 2008 11:03 AM

Death Race 2000-My mind has been blown. This so needs a feature done on it.

WhiteRat Mar 29th, 2008 10:57 PM

Men In Black II. Decent for what it is but I noticed rather quickly how crappy the special effects look. When I say crappy I mean a lot of the effects look like they were generated in the 90's.

executioneer Mar 30th, 2008 07:26 AM

one flew over the cuckoo's nest

it took me halfway thru the movie to realize that danny devito was in it, best acting he ever did i bet

Kitsa Mar 30th, 2008 04:53 PM

I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 31st, 2008 06:24 PM

Finally got to see Darjeeling limited. I like it a lot, not as much as Life Aquatic but still really good.

Fat_Hippo Apr 1st, 2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 543531)
I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down :(

Well, that they were going for a "non-traditional" ending is what I assumed, but I agree, even as such, it was dissapointing. But then again, what else were they gonna do? They pretty much had to cut off the story where it was, or keep going for another hour to wrap it up. Or completely change the script a half-hour back in the movie.

liquidstatik Apr 3rd, 2008 12:09 PM

I just saw it last night, and I liked it a lot more than silence of the lambs ;/

terrva Apr 3rd, 2008 02:03 PM

I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.

Esuohlim Apr 3rd, 2008 02:05 PM

So it's like white comedy :rolleyes git-r-done :lol

terrva Apr 3rd, 2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 544489)
So it's like white comedy :rolleyes git-r-done :lol

HAR HAR HAR! :suicide

Pandajuice Apr 3rd, 2008 03:10 PM

I never liked Silence of the lambs for some reason; but still haven't seen No Country so I can't compare. I am looking forward to seeing Fido though, I've heard it's good.

The most recent films I've watched were:
The Prestige (bloody brilliant film, loved it)
King of California (indy film, was pretty good)
Devil Wears Prada (my wife wanted to watch this one, it was awful. Really predictable, cliche, and boring)

liquidstatik Apr 3rd, 2008 03:14 PM

yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not :x

Pandajuice Apr 4th, 2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 544524)
yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not :x

Truth be told, I didn't really understand the last shot ending, but as a whole, I think I got it. I like confusing endings though, especially when tied to a great film because it encourages you to watch the film again with different eyes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2008 06:15 PM

John Witherspoon stand up - "So my 16 yr old son stood in line at target from 2am to 8am to get one of those new x-box350a29'ers. I told him next week stand in line at target from 2am to 8pm at target and bring yourself home a job!"

Plus he has a surpisingly good singing voice too.
oh, and the rest is pretty funny.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrva (Post 544486)
I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.

Fido is awesome!

Mother: "Fido, where's Timmy. Did he fall down the old well boy?"

Fido: "Raaaawwwwrrr"

Esuohlim Apr 5th, 2008 06:58 PM

I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.

Fat_Hippo Apr 6th, 2008 05:43 AM

What didn't you like, the polar bear fight or the punk-ass kids?

Pandajuice Apr 6th, 2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 545637)
I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.

I make it a point to steer very clear of "fantasy epics" geared toward children and preteens.

MetalMilitia Apr 6th, 2008 06:56 AM

I watched Blood Diamond and about half of Mallrats.

Blood Diamond is a good film but it's depressing to consider how much worse the situation is in real life. It makes you feel like a shit when the TV you're watching the film on, if converted back to money, could probably sustain several families for the rest of their lives.

Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason >: