I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Colonel Flagg Feb 3rd, 2010 03:57 AM

:pagebrak

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 670876)
i'll change it when his year ban is up

:(

executioneer Feb 3rd, 2010 04:00 AM

is the sad face because he's only banned for a year or because i am being stubborn

Colonel Flagg Feb 3rd, 2010 04:13 AM

The first one. ;)

Kitsa Feb 3rd, 2010 09:38 AM

if anyone has a problem with how i type now you can suck it because I've got a baby in one arm, typing with the other and holding a bottle with my face

Fathom Zero Feb 3rd, 2010 09:43 AM

Why are you typing at all? You've got a gaping maw to pay attention to now. It's all baby baby baby.

Kitsa Feb 3rd, 2010 09:52 AM

i've worked up to being able to shower and go to the bathroom now. she sleeps sometimes.

Fathom Zero Feb 3rd, 2010 11:35 AM

How lucky!

elx Feb 3rd, 2010 11:52 AM

so i'm wondering - do any of you guys believe in ghosts? or similarly curious paranormal type things?

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2010 11:55 AM

OMFG! YES!

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2010 11:56 AM

:lol

elx Feb 3rd, 2010 11:58 AM

i'm serious :(

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2010 12:03 PM

Did you have an encounter?

Fathom Zero Feb 3rd, 2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 670931)
i'm serious :(

I have no reason to confirm nor deny their existence, having never experienced such a thing for myself.

elx Feb 3rd, 2010 12:07 PM

no, never. i was just thinking about it is all and was wondering why so many people were so adamant about it.

Zhukov Feb 3rd, 2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 670927)
so i'm wondering - do any of you guys believe in ghosts? or similarly curious paranormal type things?

Are you trying to provoke an argument? For the record; ghosts do not exist.

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 670935)
no, never. i was just thinking about it is all and was wondering why so many people were so adamant about it.

Adamant about what? That they do exist? Or dont exist? :confused:

elx Feb 3rd, 2010 12:15 PM

that they do

and also no i am not trying to provoke an argument, i am sincerely curious and haven't even formed an opinion on the subject

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2010 12:17 PM

Idk... Theyre dumb?

Zhukov Feb 3rd, 2010 12:19 PM

I went on a ghost tour in Edinburgh once, it was fun. There was a "ghost" that people had reported seeing walking down the corridors of the old sewer systems, and we were of course looking for said ghost. I saw it walking past down the end of a very long hallway, and pointed it out.

People went nuts, and a woman screamed. You could see a dark shadow moving left and right.

When we went down the hallway it turned out it was just a brick wall, part of which was discoloured. The dark discolouration being seen from a dimly lit distance caused it to appear as if it was moving. Even after a rational explanation of the "ghost" was seen with people's own eyes, and explained by the tour guide as being so, some people still wouldn't budge over the fact that they had seen a ghost.

Zhukov Feb 3rd, 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 670938)

and also no i am not trying to provoke an argument, i am sincerely curious and haven't even formed an opinion on the subject

Really? I honestly would have figured that you would never believe in the souls of the dead lingering in the plane of the living.

Fathom Zero Feb 3rd, 2010 12:46 PM

Grislygus Feb 3rd, 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 670948)
We got an I-Max around here, but I really don't want to risk anyone I know seeing me go see Avatar

Besides, I'm saving what little movie money I can afford to spend right now for The Wolfman and Shutter Island :\

Also, people who believe in ghosts are acceptable, people who believe in psychics finding ghosts need to have their heads slammed into a concrete block

executioneer Feb 3rd, 2010 01:08 PM

ghost believing is silly

Grislygus Feb 3rd, 2010 01:16 PM

Most of the amateur ghost hunters I've had the misfortune of covering for my old college paper were some of the nicest elderly people I've ever met, you don't want them to ever realize that they're wasting their lives :(

Grislygus Feb 3rd, 2010 01:21 PM

One particular group that came through the town was joined by a bitchy woman in her fifties who angrily informed everyone who looked at her that she was a "water witch" and that she was "seeing how they did things here". She could constantly be seen consulting her with her two equally aged "followers", out of everyone's earshot :lol

If she had suddenly realized that she was a waste of oxygen, I would have had the photographer snap a photo of her facial expression