I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

executioneer Jan 25th, 2011 01:35 PM

i'm not feeling anyone out, via PM or otherwise :x

Tadao Jan 25th, 2011 01:51 PM

Babs Jan 25th, 2011 03:30 PM

missed the brak but it's all good. Surgery went well today, just felling a little loopy now from the anesthesia.

edit: my dick is numb

Tadao Jan 25th, 2011 04:01 PM

YOU DON'T EVEN GET WHY I BRAKED THAT PIC, YOU'LL NEVER LEARN. FUCKING HELL.

Fathom Zero Jan 25th, 2011 04:57 PM

i'll brak your mother

Fathom Zero Jan 25th, 2011 05:19 PM

This thread's all weird for me. I'm suddenly missing a page that I can never get back to.

Tadao Jan 25th, 2011 05:59 PM

Oh noes!

Seven Force Jan 25th, 2011 06:09 PM

Blinded by the light

Kitsa Jan 25th, 2011 06:54 PM

I feel guilty for ever making that picture.

In other news, I was googling ideas for my kid's first birthday tomorrow. One particularly out-of-touch party planner suggests the following idea for winter babies: make all of the party guests help you plant a "winter garden" outside, with holly and crocus (which I think are supposed to be planted in the fall) etc. Yes, during the party. Then when they come back subsequent years they can check on the progress of the garden they all helped plant on the baby's first birthday.

Of all the idiot ideas. Sounds like an excellent way to ensure that no one comes back for the 2nd.

Guess what's never happening.

kahljorn Jan 25th, 2011 08:04 PM

I have a love hate relationship with that picture. On the one hand, its kind of funny that when people walk through the room they shudder. On the other hand, it makes me shudder.

Sam Jan 25th, 2011 09:15 PM

MILHOUSE BACKWARDS NEVER SENDS ME PMs :(

Pub Lover Jan 25th, 2011 10:28 PM

You never sent him those nudes of D4B. :eek

Pub Lover Jan 25th, 2011 11:42 PM

Zhukov Jan 26th, 2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 711556)
I feel guilty for ever making that picture.

In other news, I was googling ideas for my kid's first birthday tomorrow. One particularly out-of-touch party planner suggests the following idea for winter babies: make all of the party guests help you plant a "winter garden" outside, with holly and crocus (which I think are supposed to be planted in the fall) etc. Yes, during the party. Then when they come back subsequent years they can check on the progress of the garden they all helped plant on the baby's first birthday.

Of all the idiot ideas. Sounds like an excellent way to ensure that no one comes back for the 2nd.

Guess what's never happening.

That's so embarrassingly dumb.

captain516 Jan 26th, 2011 04:30 AM

Hello everybody, I must be going.

Esuohlim Jan 26th, 2011 01:36 PM

Dude I didn't know Jack LaLanne was capable of dying

Fathom Zero Jan 26th, 2011 01:46 PM

All those years of exercise and juicing vegetables and he dies before a hundred. It don't do shit.

Kitsa Jan 26th, 2011 09:57 PM

Just now back from my kid's first birthday party. I feel absolutely shitty without being able to put a finger on precisely why.

I think it's in part because my dad said things like "keep it moving, get the gifts unwrapped" and other impatient-with-proceedings phrases, and as a result I felt like I was scrambling from gifts to cake to cleanup without anything really sinking in or being enjoyed (at least by me).

Then Mr. Kitsa had a lot to say about how grateful I should be that everyone (including and especially himself) had done me this big favor by showing up, and although I am grateful I also paid for dinner and alcohol at a nice restaurant so I don't feel that people were really 100% put-out by coming.

I guess parties just ultimately end up being a big letdown, nature of the beast. I would have held up a lot better if certain parties had kept their mouths shut.

Pentegarn Jan 26th, 2011 10:53 PM

Just drop those same phrases at the things they insist you show up at. Then, if they get pissy about the comments, drop a "I did you a favor by coming" right back on them

Zhukov Jan 27th, 2011 12:43 AM

You had alcohol at a child's birthday?

kahljorn Jan 27th, 2011 02:32 AM

next time just do something cool with your kid and tell everyone else to wait for their birthdays :lol

they should be glad the party wasn't a bunch of kids and some pizza at your house ;/

Kitsa Jan 27th, 2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 711596)

Well, the child didn't have any. We chose a restaurant we frequent, where they make a huge deal out of birthdays. It was 10 adults and the kid, because all of her same-age cousins were too far away to attend. She's only 1 so I doubt she cares. The restaurant makes incredible margaritas, so many of the adults had one. Then after we ate all the waiters came out carrying a giant sundae, slapped a sombrero on her head, and sang their restaurant's birthday song in Spanish. She loved the attention.

Then we came home where I'd made a giant cake in the shape of a 1 and had wine and sparkling grape juice if anyone wanted it.

executioneer Jan 27th, 2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 711596)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 711605)
after we ate all the waiters

:eek

Babs Jan 27th, 2011 03:34 PM

Mr. Kitsa did you a big favor by showing up at his own child's first birthday?

Esuohlim Jan 27th, 2011 04:12 PM

Mr. Kitsa sounds like a catch!