I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Nick Jan 8th, 2013 06:41 PM

Finally beat Far Cry 2. Wasn't worth it.

kahljorn Jan 8th, 2013 09:41 PM

everybody tried to warn you but i guess you need something to make your life meaningful

Nick Jan 9th, 2013 11:27 PM

I feel like a better person for having climbed past that mountain of shit.

Dr. Boogie Jan 10th, 2013 12:40 AM

Seriously, when I got sick of it like halfway through, I just put aside all the sidemissions and diamond hunting and shit, and just powered through the awful story missions.

You don't get that problem in FC3.

Nick Jan 10th, 2013 08:05 AM

That's what I did. After I collected all the diamonds and realized it gave me absolutely NOTHING I just hunkered down and beat the last 10 missions or so. Such a waste.

Dimnos Jan 10th, 2013 06:05 PM

Seriously, when I got sick of it like halfway through, I just put it aside all the sidemissions and diamond hunting and shit, and just powered through the awful story missions.

You don't get that problem in FC3.

OxBlood Jan 14th, 2013 04:56 AM

Dark Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls, all I play is friggin Dark Souls, I don´t know why, it such a good game.

Guitar Woman Jan 15th, 2013 10:54 AM

Cave Story, it's fucking fantastic.

Nick Jan 15th, 2013 02:14 PM

Woah, is it 2007?

Guitar Woman Jan 15th, 2013 07:56 PM

I wish, then TF2 would still be 6 gigabytes and not full of stupid bullshit.

Spoilers!

Phoenix Gamma Jan 17th, 2013 12:59 AM

Yea, my first run through Cave Story was blind and I got the regular ending with the machine gun. Unless you have a guide I really don't see how people would be able to find Hell on their own.

I decided to play Fire Emblem 6, because its prequel, FE7, is one of my favorite games of all time and I want to get hyped for Awakening when it comes out. Some people think Fire Emblem is a strategy role playing game. It's actually secretly a game about building an army of beautiful people and playing cupid in the middle of a battlefield. And in certain entries of the series, it becomes a eugenics simulator. Shhhhh.

But seriously, Fire Emblem Awakening looks like it's going to be fantastic, and I'm actually pretty psyched for the DLC.

obihahn Jan 17th, 2013 03:21 PM

Batman: Arkham City in glorious 3D. That plus surround is really quite an experience. But it's still mostly button smashing in fights, but hey - pretty graphics, and BATMAN for Pete's sake!

All Hail Duke Jan 17th, 2013 09:19 PM

half life 2-entertaining but felt short

Nick Jan 18th, 2013 12:20 AM

I beat Far Cry 3 yesterday or something like that. It was alright.

dextire Jan 22nd, 2013 11:03 PM

I was surprised to find my copy of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch came with a nice tin case. :)
Spoilers!

I've only played a couple of hours so far, but I can say it's a very pretty RPG and the story is interesting (though very reminiscent of Spirited Away).
Oh, and Joe Hisaishi created the music so it's awesome too.

Guitar Woman Jan 23rd, 2013 11:03 AM

Does it come in a tin case like that from the store or is that a preorder bonus?

Nick Jan 23rd, 2013 03:12 PM

I preordered it and didn't get a tin case. >:

dextire Jan 23rd, 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 765739)
Does it come in a tin case like that from the store or is that a preorder bonus?

It's a preorder bonus. I wasn't even told I would be getting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 765743)
I preordered it and didn't get a tin case. >:

That sucks. :( It's looks like most stores only got a handful of the Steelbook cases.
Oh well, it is just a case. I've been screwed out of a soundtrack and a key-chain before with the stupid preorders. :lol

Nick Jan 24th, 2013 01:37 AM

Well Amazon didn't even say that it had a preorder bonus of any sort. Strange.

Guitar Woman Jan 26th, 2013 07:06 AM

Hay.

You guys ever play this game?

It's a game that's like Zelda but not. And by "like Zelda" I mean "it's Link to the Past with serial numbers filed off and Chrono Trigger-looking sprites," but that's ok because it's also way cooler than Link to the Past. It's got super-good music (the "increased max life" fanfare still isn't as good as Cave Story's) and the story is pretty simple but really well done and actually one of the more morbid plots I've seen in a game, like, it's got a narrative obsession with death to Planescape Torment levels.

For a game with a top-down perspective it's got a serious metric assload of platforming (at least it's not isometric, eesh) which is admittedly terrible, but other than that it's fucking great and it's a measly 6 bucks on PSN. Buy it!

It was the developer Matrix Software's very first game, and basically their only good one before they started churning out fucking sadistically difficult DS remakes of Final Fantasy games. People tell me you could describe it as a spiritual successor to Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole, but since I only know Landstalker as "that game that was in the sexual video game moments thing" I couldn't tell you if they're right. Play Alundra anyway.

Mad Melvin Jan 26th, 2013 11:21 AM

Looks gay. Sorry.

stevetothepast Jan 26th, 2013 11:32 AM

ya i like alundra, except sometimes its almost too puzzle-oriented.

stevetothepast Jan 26th, 2013 11:33 AM

but its not as you say "cooler than link to the past"

Guitar Woman Jan 26th, 2013 10:38 PM

Pfft, LttP doesn't even have astral projection into people's nightmares or an evil demon whose text-boxes go WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB when he talks.

Nick Jan 27th, 2013 11:49 AM

That looks nothing like Landstalker.

Landstalker was my favorite game for my Sega Genesis. I wish Treasure had made that remake for the PSP. :(