I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Resident Evil 5 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697124)

ArrowX Jul 30th, 2007 02:34 PM

Resident Evil 5

Why no thread about this yet? They recently released a trailer showing game play. The only real story revealed so far, is that it takes place 10 years after Resident Evil, with Chris acting as a member of a group called BSAA and fills in the 10 year interval in Chris's life.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...d_2068308.html

EDIT!

So far I understand its coming out on the 360 and PS3 at the same time.

Vengeful Asparagus Jul 30th, 2007 02:42 PM

I'm wondering if they will keep the 3rd person over the shoulder view and have a straight 3rd person shooter. They spoiled people with RE4 and all the little kids are gonna complain if it goes back to RE 0,1,2,3 style and say it's "some new gay style" because the don't know better.

ArrowX Jul 30th, 2007 02:51 PM

well had you watched the trailer you would understand that the 3rd person view is in this game. Besides you obviously don't understand Capcom once they hit something that sells well they won't change the formula untill it stops selling to all but the most die hard fans then they re-invent it just enough to increase interest I don't know what everyone is bitching about RE4 for, its still nearly identical, the designers simply changed the camera and increased the pace, and added the aiming system most fans have been whining about the game not having since Re2

Vengeful Asparagus Jul 30th, 2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 498011)
well had you watched the trailer you would understand that the 3rd person view is in this game. Besides you obviously don't understand Capcom once they hit something that sells well they won't change the formula untill it stops selling to all but the most die hard fans then they re-invent it just enough to increase interest I don't know what everyone is bitching about RE4 for, its still nearly identical, the designers simply changed the camera and increased the pace, and added the aiming system most fans have been whining about the game not having since Re2

Well this one better be scary because RE4 had a good story and gameplay but i bought it because RE3 scared the hell out of me and Resident Evil got popular because it was an scary franchise. Nemesis kicks ass.

RaNkeri Jul 30th, 2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 498008)
it takes place 10 years after Resident Evil, with Chris acting as a member of a group called BSAA and fills in the 10 year interval in Chris's life.

You forgot Code Veronica.

I've also read that sun will have a huge impact on the game world. (i.e. You have to drink water to avoid sun strokes, and it'll take time for your eyes to get used to sunny places after spending time in shade.)

Anyways, can't wait till I get to play this one. Hopefully my friend has bought PS3 before the release of this game.

They could've used someone new as the main character though. How do the same guys always manage to run into zombie raids?

ArrowX Jul 30th, 2007 05:01 PM

Code Veronica also takes place in the games Time line I'm to assume the lead specifically said exactly 10 years after RE1.

Fathom Zero Jul 30th, 2007 05:04 PM

I, actually, don't care about RE5 anymore.

Hmmmmm. Looks like it'll be good, though.

noob3 Jul 30th, 2007 05:21 PM

looks good only if it comes out for the 360

Vengeful Asparagus Jul 31st, 2007 02:02 PM

The Wii is getting an oldschool version with Jill and chris if i remember.

RaNkeri Jul 31st, 2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeful Asparagus (Post 498089)
The Wii is getting an oldschool version with Jill and chris if i remember.

I believe you mean Umbrella Chronicles?

Unless you mean REmake which was for GC, but also works on Wii.

zeldasbiggestfan Aug 1st, 2007 03:58 AM

I dont know why they wont make it 360 and Wii. Nobody bought the fuckin PS3 and when someone did they returned it. I know ONE person with a PS3.

Anyway, besides that it looks good. Now all I need is a 360 :( Fuck the PS3.

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2007 01:23 PM

Fuck you, mate. If they even attempt to port this over to the Wii, it'll look like garbage.

They'd have to rebuild it entirely for the Wii and it's wiitarded-ness.

AGH. Why am I even responding to your idiocy? It's like talking to a box of hammers. You're deserving of neither 360 nor PS3.

RaNkeri Aug 1st, 2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 498188)
Fuck you, mate. If they even attempt to port this over to the Wii, it'll look like garbage.

They'd have to rebuild it entirely for the Wii and it's wiitarded-ness.

AGH. Why am I even responding to your idiocy? It's like talking to a box of hammers. You're deserving of neither 360 nor PS3.

Well, seems that RE4's Wii-version is doing great

zeldasbiggestfan Aug 1st, 2007 03:19 PM

Haha, Fuck you Fathom. Suprised a fat joke didnt slip in and say I was like a box of twinkies or something.

Emu Aug 1st, 2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 498199)
Well, seems that RE4's Wii-version is doing great

That would be because the Wii is as graphically powerful as the Gamecube, which is the problem.

Supafly345 Aug 1st, 2007 05:04 PM

I CHOSE A FAVORITE SYSTEM FOR SOME REASON AND I AM FUCKING PISSED SOMEONE BADMOUTHED IT

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2007 07:05 PM

Fuck everybody, I hate video games.

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2007 08:47 PM

YEA FUCK ALL OF YOU AND YOUR EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAMES

EisigerBiskuit Aug 1st, 2007 10:16 PM

I can't wait to get a GOITER.

the_dudefather Aug 2nd, 2007 03:33 AM

I'm going to lose money on a get quick rich scheme suggested by a friend

zeldasbiggestfan Aug 2nd, 2007 04:15 PM

If your friend has a thing for question marks you should do it :)

noob3 Aug 2nd, 2007 04:57 PM

hahaha re5 WILL NEVER COME TO THE WII UNLESS YOU LIKE, COMBINED 3 WIIS TOGETHER WITH DUCT TAPE & WIRES

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 05:59 PM

No love for wii? At least wii doesn't have a failure rate like the 360 does.

Emu Aug 3rd, 2007 01:00 AM

zbf why do you have fat furry makeout as ur avatar

Angryhydralisk Aug 3rd, 2007 11:45 AM

I wonder why they even bothered to tease on the main hero at all. Still, if it's anything like RE4, I'll enjoy it...and be more broke than I've ever been. :lol:lol:lol