I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

k0k0 Oct 13th, 2011 12:10 PM

Ok, I got Dark Souls due to you guys' incessant loving up all over it. I'm only going to play it for a couple of hours a day because it sounds like a pretty depressing game and I'm plenty depressed as it is. I'll start it later.

darkvare Oct 13th, 2011 02:26 PM

i want dark souls i freaking loved demon's souls and honestly once you have a mastery of the mechanics is a fairly easy game

Zomboid Oct 13th, 2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 746621)
I'm only going to play it for a couple of hours a day...

Yeah, good luck with that.

Fathom Zero Oct 13th, 2011 04:40 PM

You won't put it down until you beat it the first time. Then you take a looooong break like m'self.

Esuohlim Oct 13th, 2011 04:50 PM

Fathom I thought you were too poor to own a console made after the 90s

Fathom Zero Oct 13th, 2011 05:03 PM

I traded in like a bajillion games

Fathom Zero Oct 13th, 2011 06:33 PM

And look! Team Fortress had a massive update. One game to another. Good thing I'm off from work.

k0k0 Oct 13th, 2011 06:38 PM

Yeah, I played for about 4 hours today. Didn't get too far when I look back at it. And it doesn't seem like leveling up does much. I lost about 4000 souls, which is a lot for me when I walked into the taurus boss mist without thinking about it. Then died on the way back the 4th time I didn't kill him.

Zomboid Oct 13th, 2011 09:23 PM

Yeah, I lost a bunch when I walked into the battle with that giant butterfly. WHEN WILL I LEARN?

k0k0 Oct 13th, 2011 10:51 PM

What kind of poison do those mice give? The ones before the warthog. The first time I fought them, I got poisoned for reals. The second time it just showed a purple drop and nothing was happening. So I just walked it off. I'm a bandit and I got the spider shield that negates poison (I think), so that might be it. But no idea. I thought I was pretty clever today when I got one of those bad skeleton knights stuck climbing the ladder down as I whooped him in the ass over and over til he died.

Fathom Zero Oct 13th, 2011 11:58 PM

If the bar accumulates enough, you become poisoned. Either bar falls off after a while.

k0k0 Oct 14th, 2011 12:14 AM

Good to know. I totally freaked out and the next time instead of wandering into the den of rats that all bite me at once, I pulled them out one at a time very carefully. The game is fun and not as depressing as I thought it would be.

Nick Oct 14th, 2011 04:21 AM

X-Men Destiny is 5 hours long. Is Silicon Knights even trying anymore?

LordSappington Oct 14th, 2011 05:26 PM

Did anyone play Rage? How was it?

k0k0 Oct 15th, 2011 01:01 AM

One of the things you're missing if you don't play Dark Souls online is all of the helpful advice people give you. Like when I'm going to a possible dark spot and I see someone scrawled a note. I check it and it says "need head". Good advice! That's what a lot of people tend to put. My favorite happens to be "head ahead". I eventually gave in and when bored at a campfire I jotted down my own. A solitary "head". Hopefully someone will read it and be enlightened on what to do next.

Emu Oct 15th, 2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 746706)
X-Men Destiny is 5 hours long. Is Silicon Knights even trying anymore?

The only good things Silicon Knights ever did were Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness.

King Hadas Oct 15th, 2011 05:12 AM

And Blood Omen. Their track records damn good, Too Human and now X-men Destiny are their only flops I know about (I haven't played either). Not sure why they've started turning out garbage.

OxBlood Oct 15th, 2011 08:12 AM

Soooo, my XBL got hacked and hijacked to buy FIFA-Crap. Great. It´s just 12 bucks but still, I can´t use that Gamertag for a few weeks now...hmpf.

k0k0 Oct 15th, 2011 09:20 AM

It happened to me a while back. They charged 150 dollars worth of microsoft points to my account. It was horrible and it took them 2 months to get it sorted out.

Zomboid Oct 15th, 2011 06:36 PM

Killed the Capra Demon, the Bell Gargoyles, and the Moonlight Butterfly. I'm also rocking some pretty awesome armor that I got from those knights with the rapiers.

k0k0 Oct 15th, 2011 07:09 PM

I have killed all 3 of those too. I'm on the Gaping Dragon. I've managed to get him down pretty far before dying too, so I know it's possible with my equipment. I'm using a +5 Halberd and a grass-something shield which gives me faster stamina boost. As for armor, just regular leather right now. After killing the moonlight butterfly I got the fuck out of that area, as the giant/plant combos were killing me too much. I'll go back after I do some other junk. This gaping dragon is pretty mean though. Not as mean as whatever the thing was that was almost one-shotting me with water while I was killing crystal golems.

OxBlood Oct 16th, 2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 746808)
It happened to me a while back. They charged 150 dollars worth of microsoft points to my account. It was horrible and it took them 2 months to get it sorted out.

Guess IŽll play some PC or PS3 then...or maybe go out and meet people...hrrmm...daunting.

Dr. Boogie Oct 16th, 2011 01:10 PM

I think he meant it was horrible spending that time trying to get his account restored and the fraudulent charges taken off his credit card.

k0k0 Oct 16th, 2011 01:14 PM

It was pretty easy getting the charges taken off by going to the bank. Waiting for microsoft to get them back to me didn't work. I waited over a month for microsoft before just going to the bank and getting them reversed that day. The thing that made it horrible was that I couldn't play online with my account for those 2 months. When any multiplayer game would come out. Sure, I could create another account, but really didn't feel the need to. That said, I still like using xbox live more than any other service.

OxBlood Oct 16th, 2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 746884)
The thing that made it horrible was that I couldn't play online with my account for those 2 months.

My thoughts exactly. Online OR offline for that matter in my case. My account simply isnŽt my account anymore for now.