I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:55 AM

Cool, I taped a bunch of them on vhs, I had like 12 tapes with 3 on each, but those got burned down with the house. Stupid fire. I probably had more like 6 tapes, but really 10. IDK

Thanks to the both of yas.

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 03:03 AM

also remember: they didn't really start getting good until season 2

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 03:45 AM

Yeah, I kinda remember some episodes where they didn't really seem as comfortable as they usually were.

Mad Melvin Aug 21st, 2009 05:44 AM

Anyone watching Rescue me? The show has gone downhill since the excellent second season, but I keep hoping that maybe it'll reach the same heights again. Third season was ok, fourth was just horrible, but the currently airing fifth season is pretty decent. The later episodes at least. The ones with Michael J. Fox were kinda awkward. I mean, I like the guy but damn. :(

Mad Melvin Aug 28th, 2009 04:45 AM

Just bought Oz - the complete series. Haven't watched this show in years and this seems to be even better than I remembered. But if my memory serves me correctly, the show kinda went downhill after season 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 28th, 2009 08:53 AM

Picked up The State and halfway through season 1.

Kitsa Aug 28th, 2009 12:18 PM

Just saw another episode of Locked Up Abroad the other day. British woman went to Goa, got into the rave thing there, started getting into drugs and heavy boozing, ran out of money. Dipshit fellow tourist recommended that she stuff brass Ganesh statues full of hash and ship them abroad. Of course she does it, and of course she gets caught.

Cue weepy prison experience.

What the hell did she think was going to happen?

Zhukov Aug 28th, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 644440)
Just bought Oz - the complete series. Haven't watched this show in years and this seems to be even better than I remembered. But if my memory serves me correctly, the show kinda went downhill after season 3.

Yeah, I bought the entire series not too long ago, and about half way through all the best characters were dead, and the plotlines were just getting wacky and unrealistic. Still, it was great while it lasted.

Dimnos Aug 28th, 2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 644471)
What the hell did she think was going to happen?

That she was going to make a lot of money and live happily ever after. The same exact thing all the drug traffickers on that show think.

Kitsa Aug 28th, 2009 03:40 PM

Suppose so. I was busy watching her technique for unwrapping, kneading and stuffing the hash into the statue, then sealing it with plaster and covering with gold paint. Does the plaster ruin the hash it touches? Because if it did, that was a good $30 of her $150 hash purchase gone. Seemed smarter to leave it wrapped.

Dimnos Aug 29th, 2009 12:05 PM

I wouldnt buy hash mixed with plaster. :(

Tadao Aug 29th, 2009 02:26 PM

There's a Heroes marathon on G4, I'm glad I set my brothers dvr to record them this morning cause I would never wake up and watch it.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 05:40 PM

Hey, everybody remember to catch Into The Wild Green Yonder tonight on Comedy Central! It's by far the best of the Futurama movies (Hell, it's the only one that isn't a disappointment). This one has Heart. Seriously, watch it.

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 05:47 PM

There was nothing wrong with the other ones. People like you are what cause cancellations.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 06:52 PM

People like the idiotic FOX executives are the ones who cause cancellations. People like me who bought every box set and movie (Day One!) are the ones who brought it back (Matt and David have thanked the fans in many interviews for continuing to support the show).

I don't want to get into any stuff with you. Let's both agree that ITWGY is fantastic and that everybody should see it, okay?

P.S. If you care to know why I don't like the other 3, here's a link to an insanely long post where I write why the first three suck to various degrees and why ITWGY is a godsend: http://www.peelified.com/index.php?t...789#msg1021789

P.P.S. Would you like to say that to Dr. Boogie? Because he didn't like the first three either: http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies/we...e=movies&id=81

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 08:37 PM

Oh, Dr. Boogie. That's different. I always make a habit of hiding my opinions from Dr. Boogie. :rolleyes

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 09:04 PM

How is he different? Because you won't tell off a site contributor like you told off a site commenter? If that's true that just makes you a hypocrite.

Tadao Aug 30th, 2009 11:50 PM

Wow, you are dense.

Sam Aug 31st, 2009 12:03 AM

TADAO YOU ARE A PUSSY MAN WHY DON'T YOU TELL DR BOOGIE WHAT YOU THINK MAN ARE YOU SCARED OR SOMETHING MAN YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT YOU PUSSY

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 12:05 AM

I have never once disagreed with Boogie on anything and I'm not about to now!

Sam Aug 31st, 2009 12:08 AM

THEY ALL SUCKED ANYWAYS

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 12:13 AM

Especially when you read to much into it, like say buying every box set and watching them over and over finding little jokes you never noticed before or writing an insanely long post on how you don't like it because it didn't do what you wanted it to do. Over excited fanboys have killed way too many good cartoons. :tear

FistfulOAwesome Aug 31st, 2009 02:17 AM

I warned ya.

Also, wow, I actually care about the way the series is handled and don't like it when the writers forget why it was worth bringing back in the first place (high-brow jokes/character-related humor that gets funnier every time, great stories, great character development, occasionally touching). It's almost like I'm a fan or something.

Listen man, all I wrote was that a good movie was going to be on, and I was alerting all the people who didn't buy the DVD their chance to see it. I also made a quick judgment on the other films. You were free to disagree with me on that.

But then you had to state that somehow me not liking the films was tantamount to me contributing to the cancellation of the series. I watched every episode of that show whenever FOX would actually show it, and I bought the DVD box sets and movies on the first day (or close to).

That's supporting the series, because FOX doesn't care if people like a product, only if they'll pay for it. It just so happens that in general people don't buy crap products so they have to at least try to make good ones.

Point being, "Fan" doesn't mean you blindly support every part of what you are a fan of. It just means that you like something a lot. That doesn't mean you have to like all of it. If you enjoy the other movies, more power to you. I don't. But I'm still a fan of the series (just a more critical one (that's what that long post you apparently thumbed through is, a critique)).

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 02:30 AM

Actually, you didn't just say that the new movie is airing, you called the others a disappointment, therefore you are open to criticism. What I stated is that saying 3 sucky movies to one good movie is the kind of thing that gets shows canceled. Those aren't good odds and if you "fans" keep saying things like that, what network will wanna keep the show alive? You then had to dazzle me with your fandom.

But whatever, you go ahead and keep saying that out of the new season only 1/4 of it was any good. I'm sure Matt and David will thank you again for your support.

Tadao Aug 31st, 2009 02:39 AM

BTW The difference between you and Boogie, he was doing a review.