I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

WhiteRat Aug 16th, 2011 07:55 PM

Watched the first episode of Falling Skies the other day. It's actually pretty good but Dr. Carter is one whiny bitch. I love how he whines to the commander that he, a college military history professor with no military experience, should be in charge over a 14 year military vet with combat experience.

Pentegarn Aug 16th, 2011 08:49 PM

Once you watch the rest of the season i will reply to that ;)

WhiteRat Aug 16th, 2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 738281)
Once you watch the rest of the season i will reply to that ;)

Ha i'm sure the crusty vet fucks up somehow but Dr. Carter acts like he should rightfully have taken over the platoon/squad/whatever over a trained veteran. In the end i'm sure he proves himself worthy but at that time all the viewer knows is that one guy is a book learner and the other has actual military experience. Not too hard of a decision if you ask me.

Also kids in sci fi shows/movies need to go away forever.

Pentegarn Aug 16th, 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 738295)
Also kids in sci fi shows/movies need to go away forever.

I will also address this statement once you finish the season :lol

Zomboid Aug 17th, 2011 10:39 PM

Does anyone else watch Dragons' Den or Shark Tank? Some of the people that show up are absolutely hilarious.

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 10:42 PM

I watch both actually! I have a bit more fun watching shark tank because that guy who masturbates over money (kevin o'leary) is hilarious to me for some reason. Plus all of the americans who get denied are generally more assholish than the british.

Zomboid Aug 17th, 2011 10:45 PM

I watch both too, but I watch the Canadian DD, which has Kevin O'Leary and Robert Hjeravic. It's a lot less dramatic than the American one, obviously, and they show a lot more of the ridiculous ideas. All in all, it just seems a lot more fun. Shark Tank is kind of exactly what I'd expect from a show of that sort on an American network, but I still like it. Except that FUBU guy, who I can't stand.

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 10:48 PM

Damn, I have to look up the Canadian Dragon's Den now. I hope they have it streaming online somewhere. I don't like the FUBU guy either.

Edit: Can only find DD Ireland.

Fathom Zero Aug 17th, 2011 11:01 PM

Dragon's Den is great.

Ex Leper Aug 24th, 2011 02:08 PM

Just started watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer on Netflix.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 24th, 2011 10:19 PM

New futurama'$ were funny as shit.

Tadao Aug 30th, 2011 05:22 PM

So, I've started in at watching the new season of Breaking Bad and I forgot about Saul. :lol How could I have forgotten, I think the break between seasons was way to long.

WhiteRat Aug 30th, 2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 738307)
I will also address this statement once you finish the season :lol

Finally finished the first season.

Overall I thought the show was pretty good but Ricky and Ben are two annoying brats that need to go away forever. I thought Pope was pretty hilarious; I really thought he stole the show. Also Captain Weaver is much more enjoyable when he's poppin' pills and downing bottles of whisky.

Pentegarn Aug 30th, 2011 05:33 PM

I just thought it was funny that you said kids need to go away in sci fi shows and it was going to turn out that the primary driving element to the plot was kids being harvested

WhiteRat Aug 30th, 2011 08:38 PM

Got ya. I was really hoping that

Dr. Carter's stupid harnessed kid Ben wouldn't get rescued.

Krythor Aug 31st, 2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 740153)
So, I've started in at watching the new season of Breaking Bad and I forgot about Saul. :lol How could I have forgotten, I think the break between seasons was way to long.

The newest episode was the best of the season so far, it's definitely building towards something this year. Alot of people online seem to be feeling sorry for Jesse and hating Walt for what he's made him do, which drives me up the wall. How many times has Jesse fucked things up for Walt only for Walt to put himself in danger to put everything right again? Not to mention how many times Walt has murdered people now without whining about it. People also generally seem to hate him for the petty things he keeps doing this season, but for real, the guy is sure that he'll either be murdered or die of cancer in the near future. Give him a break.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 31st, 2011 11:23 PM

tried watching portlandia again. The only description I can come up is that this show eats fagz. Not in a good way either. Like in a bad canibalistic non sexual way.

k0k0 Sep 1st, 2011 04:41 AM

I hated portlandia too. Hey lets make a show about hipsters for hipsters that makes fun of hipsters but does it in a way that shows we like hipsters.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2011 12:59 PM

synopsis of episode 4 from Tremors: The series

Things start going screwy when Tyler finds a foot near the side of the road and a hang-glider. Later, Burt and Tyler discover a delivery truck and the remains of the man who was supposed to be delivering Nancy's newkiln. With these attacks, Burt deduces that an Ass-Blaster is on the loose. However, before he and Tyler can go to work and kill the thing, two people from Vegas arrive. They reveal themselves to be hired hands for Sigmund and Ray, the magicians to whom Nancy sold the Ass-Blaster to in Tremors 3, to recover their Ass-Blaster, Messerschmitt, after poachers failed to kidnap it. However, they severely screw up their first attempt to capture the Ass-Blaster and one of the hired hands nearly dies. Realizing it is now too smart to be fooled by a ground trap, Burt decides to use a hang-glider to launch a snack for Messerschmitt. They end up successful and tie up Messerschmitt. Burt hands it over to Sigmund and Ray's hired hands to be returned to Vegas.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2011 01:08 PM

Tremors could be the best thing ever.

k0k0 Sep 2nd, 2011 01:09 PM

I hated all the Tremors past 2. They thought they could call them something that would be as memorable as Tremors. ass blasters, what the fuck?

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2011 01:15 PM

:eek

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2011 01:21 PM

Did you see Tremors 4 where they are in the wild west? That's real bad times.

Mad Melvin Sep 2nd, 2011 07:52 PM

I have watched the original Tremors like 10 times or some shit, and I was psyched as a fetus when I saw Tremors 2 VHS tape at a video rental place. You rent videos from there. VHS tapes no less. Anyway, I watched that godawful piece of a rancid turd and it turned out to be a rancid fucking turd of awfulness. Why the fuck would they what the hell and goddamn. I cried for days and drank a lot of soda. It was a dark time in my life and I don't like to talk about it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 3rd, 2011 02:54 AM

SON OF A BITCH.