I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R4 DS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699504)

T-Rex Apr 11th, 2008 06:38 AM

R4 DS

I was talking to my friend and he was telling me about this R4 DS card for the Nintendo DS. Apparently, he just downloads games and plays them using the R4. Reading up on it, it appears like you can download and watch video on your DS too. Listen to MP3 etc. I'm not sure if I understand it but apparently you can also download and play NES & SNES emulations too: http://www.nintendo-ds-roms.com/

"R4 DS also know as R4 Revolution is a next generation Nintendo DS flash card. The R4 DS seems to be the most popular NDS card at this stage, the R4DS will totaly unlock your Nintendo DS console. Watch movies, store hundreds of games all on the R4 Revolution Nintendo DS flash card. The R4DS is just an amazing little device which is the same size as the original NDS cart, the R4DS is a complete solution with no need to purchase any additional components and is truly the easiest media enhancer out there. To simply put it, the R4DS is a must have peripheral for any regular Nintnedo DS or NDS lite owner. R4 DS is quite easily one of the best slot 1 Nintendo DS flash card on the market. ROM compatibility is virtually 100% on the R4 Revolution, just as long as you buy the right brand of memory. Otherwise, R4DS is 99.8%."

Above From: http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/r4-ds-p-208.html

Seems pretty awesome. Does anyone here know anything about this?

bigtimecow Apr 11th, 2008 02:16 PM

it actually might be ban worthy for posting this (i forget the rules on rom and emulation posting), but i just got an R4. they have a scummvm emulator and i'm currently playing through monkey island 2. the emulation is awesome.

GADZOOKS Apr 11th, 2008 04:36 PM

I don't think it's ban worthy :rolleyes the rom link exchanges thread :rolleyes

I think the rule was you couldn't make threads begging for .isos :lol

Guitar Woman Apr 11th, 2008 05:23 PM

DS flashcart use is becoming really really widespread, and I'm sorta worried that it's gonna kill the system.

The creators of EBA expressed disinterest in making a sequel because not enough people liked it, when in reality everyone just downloaded it rather than getting a legitimate copy.

Fathom Zero Apr 11th, 2008 07:19 PM

Whatever, douchebag pussays. R4DS is the way to go.

8ullfrog Apr 12th, 2008 04:01 AM

what is with everyone shortening game names to short acronyms?

I don't even know what EBA is.

these chip things are expensive.

Pub Lover Apr 12th, 2008 04:17 AM

Elite Beat Agents, & don't blame everyone for GW's assfaggery.

Guitar Woman Apr 12th, 2008 04:17 AM

edit: >:

Chojin Apr 12th, 2008 03:31 PM

i tend to buy games that I like, not being a tremendous homo and parasite on society and all that

Mockery Apr 12th, 2008 03:47 PM

I own an R4DS and is absolutely rules. Easily the best purchase I've made for my Nintendo DS. I have NES, Super NES and Sega Genesis emulators running on it, but even more importantly, I have my copies of The Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones classic adventure games running on it (they're perfectly suited for using the touchscreen pen tool - Sierra and LucasArts should really consider releasing DS versions of their classics).

If you own a DS and you can find the R4DS at a decent price, do yourself a favor and buy it.

Ant10708 Apr 12th, 2008 09:33 PM

How much do they usually go for? Can you buy them in stores or only online?

bigtimecow Apr 12th, 2008 10:04 PM

all online. i paid about 60 bucks for mine, and then 7 bucks for a 1gig micro sd card. couldn't tell you what sites they were from though, friend ordered it for me :p

Fathom Zero Apr 12th, 2008 10:40 PM

It's ~$40, typically.

Mockery Apr 13th, 2008 03:50 PM

Got mine new on eBay a while back for about 50 bux and it even came with a new Micro SD card, but yeah, you usually have to get those separately. Still, considering everything that you can fit on them, it's well worth the 40-70 bux you'll end up paying.

T-Rex Apr 14th, 2008 06:47 AM

Ah cool. I don't mind buying DS games and supporting the cause blah blah blah, I really want it for the video and emulation features. Seriously, GW hit the nail on the head.

Ant10708 Apr 16th, 2008 05:51 PM

So you can download current ds games onto this card? where do you find current ds games? just wondering, don't even have a card yet

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2008 05:53 PM

DGemu has them, along with a bunch of other sites that shouldn't be hard to find.

caffman May 16th, 2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 548493)
all online. i paid about 60 bucks for mine, and then 7 bucks for a 1gig micro sd card. couldn't tell you what sites they were from though, friend ordered it for me :p

not so. In the UK we have computer fairs and every stall sells them, usually preloaded with games.

Nick May 17th, 2008 06:35 PM

PS: Elite Beat Agents sucks.

OxBlood May 18th, 2008 05:20 AM

Concerning DS-Roms I have a similar Card for my DS, but I normally buy games that I like, the exception are games you simply can´t get your hands on here...like Etrian Oddessy or japanese Games with translation-patches.

The sad thing is, that there is no decent SNES-Emulator for the DS. Yes, I know, there are some, but they all suck big time. They emulate 20% of the games an even then, they emulate them very poorly.

whoreable May 19th, 2008 09:13 PM

hey yall

ive been a big fan of the r4 for a while. the only downside of it is that you can play games that wirelessly transfer to each other to play(i think you both need a cart)

i got mine from dealextreme they have good stuff!

i really wanna buy one of these next
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8360

sorry for the spam!

bigtimecow May 20th, 2008 11:27 AM

i'm assuming that by "can" you mean "can't." and you are wrong. i've played downloaded games with a friend just fine. one thing i know you can't do though, is use a downloaded version of pokemon diamond or pearl on pokemon revolution for the wii. shit sucks, but they'll come out with a patch sooner or later i'm sure. oh and wifi works for all games too.

whoreable May 21st, 2008 07:37 PM

ive never had luck with games where only one person has the cart, and it is wirelessly loaded into the memory of the 2nd nds. but maybe there is a newer firmware that alows it.

bigtimecow May 22nd, 2008 02:46 PM

could be. i know i played geometry wars and worms fine without the extra carts.

Ant10708 Oct 3rd, 2008 02:49 PM

Finally getting this this week. So can I just use a normal sd card or is their a specfic brand thats needed for full emulation?