I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Chojin Jun 25th, 2008 12:08 AM

yeah, i guess gta has cops

Guitar Woman Jun 25th, 2008 02:18 AM

I mean GTA's missions are generally universally interesting and varied; aside from a staple or two, you have to do the same thing twice, at most. The only really overused things are the CHASE THIS GUY ACROSS THE MAP AND GET HIM OUT OF HIS CAR missions, but I like those.

Races can go to hell and fucking die, though.

ElPila666 Jun 25th, 2008 09:57 AM

I like playing GTA as Tony Montana like in Scarface: The World is Yours, oh man, kids should learn how to talk listening what tony says in that game, it's a shame that they rated it Mature thou, damn Tony, i want some of your yeyo chico.

Chojin Jun 25th, 2008 04:57 PM

guitar woman i am not convinced that you've actually played gta, judging from your review

MetalMilitia Jun 25th, 2008 05:08 PM

Are you trying to say Guitar Woman doesn't actually play games before giving them her seal of dis/approval?

I find that difficult to believe. For example here is her in-depth and well researched review of Mass Effect:

"It's just Gears of War but more difficult to see what's going on."

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 25th, 2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 563715)
yeah, i guess gta has cops

The Imperdian Gaurdsmen in Oblivion are kinda like cops.

Guitar Woman Jun 25th, 2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 563909)
guitar woman i am not convinced that you've actually played gta, judging from your review

Ok, I only finished Vice City, but that's really the only one I liked enough to play all the way through.

Also I remain stalwart in my opinion of Mass Effect's gameplay and graphics

Seriously, does every game this gen have to be a fucking mud simulator

MetalMilitia Jun 25th, 2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 563941)
Ok, I only finished Vice City, but that's really the only one I liked enough to play all the way through.

Also I remain stalwart in my opinion of Mass Effect's gameplay and graphics

Seriously, does every game this gen have to be a fucking mud simulator

Mass Effect is actually a very colourful game. Not sure where you got the idea that it was GOW brown. My guess is not having played it must have something to do with it.

Ant10708 Jun 25th, 2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 563941)

"GTA's missions are generally universally interesting and varied" but yet you were too bored to finish the game? How do those two quotes even make sense together.

Guitar Woman Jun 25th, 2008 07:29 PM

I'm at a point in GTA3 where I just cannot go any further as it is too fucking hard, and I go a little further in San Andreas every month or so.

Happy?

Also I played about 2 hours of Mass Effect, dogshit dogshit dogshit brown.

It might have been my cancerous friend's tampering in the visual options, he did that to GTA 4 too.

I do like Mass Effect's acting and story a lot, and the conversation tree gave me a nice sense of freedom in relation to how everything unfolded. I might consider pirating it some time in the future and playing to a point where everything is a happy rainbow of bright primary colors and tell you that you were completely right, ok?

MetalMilitia Jun 25th, 2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 563953)
Also I played about 2 hours of Mass Effect, dogshit dogshit dogshit brown.

If you started from the beginning you should've spent most of your time here:

and here:

HickMan Jun 25th, 2008 08:51 PM

GW is just plain stupid

Esuohlim Jun 25th, 2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 563953)
and I go a little further in San Andreas every month or so.

San Andreas is the only video game I've completed 100% in the last 10 years

Guitar Woman Jun 26th, 2008 12:11 AM

more like ASS EFFECT

Fathom Zero Jun 26th, 2008 12:23 AM

Jesus Christ. You make abused Ethiopian maids cry why their eyes aren't swelled shut from the beatings.

Guitar Woman Jun 26th, 2008 12:29 AM

also it was that second screenshot, "Morrowind countryside" doesn't count as colorful

liquidstatik Jun 26th, 2008 01:04 AM

DUDE JUST SAY 'OKAKY OKAY I DIDN'T PLAY IT I'M SORRY,' NOBODY BELIEVES YOUR EXCUSES

WhiteRat Jun 29th, 2008 01:40 PM

Trying to finish Grandia 2 for Dreamcast. In two and half years of playing i'm finally at the half way point.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 29th, 2008 01:55 PM

I wanted to try Grandia 2. I'm torn between starting that, skies of arcadia or Seiken Densetsu 3.

WhiteRat Jun 29th, 2008 06:59 PM

Grandia 2 is pretty good, it's definitely worth a try. I've never played Skies of Arcadia but i've frequently heard that it's the best rpg for Dreamcast.

bigtimecow Jun 29th, 2008 10:55 PM

i'm going through subspace emissary on ssbb going for 100%

OxBlood Jun 30th, 2008 02:47 AM

Finished Dark Sector, getting back to Etrian Odyssey 2 and FF Tactics A2 on the DS. And waiting for Diablo 3 *sigh*

Phoenix Gamma Jun 30th, 2008 09:23 PM

I finally got Marvel vs Capcom 2 working on my laptop, so I've been playing that like a madman. It's been so long since I've played it.

RaNkeri Jul 1st, 2008 03:39 AM

Resident Evil Remake on my friend's Wii. We're gonna finish it today.

stevetothepast Jul 1st, 2008 04:39 AM

street fighter alpha 2 and Dr. mario

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 07:27 PM

So I've been in posession of an Xbox 360 for the past week or so.

I binged on Oblivion for two days and finished the Dark Brotherhood questline, then quit because everything that isn't the stealth system is broken and retarded. And even then the stealth system is pretty stupid, seeing as enemies put some kind of PSYCHIC MARKER into me when they see me so that they know where I am at all times.

I played more Mass Effect and quit right after the Citidel because it's KOTOR -Star Wars +a god help us Gears of War combat system. Oh, and incredibly boring. I liked Wrex, though. If the game had been "Wrex's completely interesting adventure with lots of fun combat" I would have kept playing.

I got about halfway through Bioshock and just really missed System Shock. Admittedly there were a lot of pretty fucking cool moments, but those were taken away from by design stupidity I thought we grew out of in the 90's.

Bioshock was probably the best thing I did, which doesn't say a lot.

MetalMilitia Jul 1st, 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 565210)
I got about halfway through Bioshock and just really missed System Shock. Admittedly there were a lot of pretty fucking cool moments, but those were taken away from by design stupidity I thought we grew out of in the 90's.

You weren't even born in the 90s, Guitar Woman. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 08:30 PM

Curses! Foiled again.

Emu Jul 2nd, 2008 06:02 PM

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

This is the first PS1 RPG I've been able to stomach in a long time. Thx Fathom :3

Emu Jul 3rd, 2008 05:16 PM

Picked up Persona 1 today, too. Playing them in reverse order is probably the worst thing I could do to myself :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 3rd, 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 565150)
I don't know what you're talking about, but this is more a game about committing crimes, rather than fighting them.

Crime fighter 2 is a 2d crime game that was poorly made, then poorly translated from German to English(Hence the English name "Crime Fighter". I think it was supposed to translate to something along the line of street fighter, i.e. in street fighter you don't fight the street.) with graphics reminiscent of 1995.

You commit crimes by either robbing a bank, "organize" cars, even stealing children from a local park. You can then either ransom the kids or sell them to a shop for child labor. When you start out you can't always strongarm your way out of situation so you have to raise your stats. Sometimes if you try stealing a car, the owner might be there who will fight you. I've fought Rambo, Trapper Joe, Granny with a Machine gun, Little kid with Machine gun, and Al Capone.

If you try robbing a bank you have to click on an up and down button till you hear a certain chime on 3 parts of the safe. Only thing is the correct chime sounds a lot like the default chime. This game will blow you away with its terribleness but it is worth playing. Which I am again.

Fathom Zero Jul 5th, 2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 565494)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

This is the first PS1 RPG I've been able to stomach in a long time. Thx Fathom :3

Is nothing, darling.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 6th, 2008 10:56 PM

Secret of Mana 2

bigtimecow Jul 8th, 2008 04:22 PM

just finished a link to the past on my wii, and for my total games played it said 20. i'm a bit lost, as i think i only beat it once?

anyway, i'm thinking of starting ocarina or majora's mask soon. i've never played majora, but heard wonderful things about it

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 8th, 2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 566529)
just finished a link to the past on my wii, and for my total games played it said 20. i'm a bit lost, as i think i only beat it once?

I think that counts how many times you saved the game.

Guitar Woman Jul 8th, 2008 08:44 PM

The counter is how many times you've died. You failure.

Esuohlim Jul 8th, 2008 11:55 PM

I still have my first save file for Link's Awakening that says "932" :(

Guitar Woman Jul 8th, 2008 11:57 PM

So I picked up Mario Strikers Charged again today

I said "One little game couldn't hurt" and then 3 hours later I've got the world's worst case of wanker's cramp :<

bigtimecow Jul 9th, 2008 04:54 PM

fuck >: i am a failure

does ocarina have a similar counter?

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 05:34 PM

All the ones before Majora's mask do, yeah

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 06:17 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

I have yet to here anyone to tell me to get out.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 07:52 PM

and then I stopped playing because it's maxed at 8fps.

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 07:53 PM

Stalker takes a hell of a machine to run, but it's worth it.

executioneer Jul 9th, 2008 08:17 PM

so fucking worth it :( i wish my gfx card wasn't glitching out, i'd probly play it a hell of a lot more

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:28 PM

The thing with STALKER is it seems like it was on the cusp of being great but then fell just short. It's a very atmospheric and original game with tons of interesting stuff going on but the developers seemed to have forgotten to get the basics really solid before moving onto the fancy stuff. Specifically I felt the combat didn't work very well for a lot of the game.

Definitely worth playing though.

Fathom Zero Jul 9th, 2008 08:31 PM

What about the prequal coming out? Any thoughts on it?

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 08:35 PM

They didn't even finish Stalker before releasing it :<

Oblivion Lost and some other mods are musts when playing.

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:44 PM

I think it's going to be good. STALKER was GSC GW's first go at an FPSRPG so it was bound to be a little rough around the edges. Now that they've got the experience of the first game under their belt they should be much better prepared to pull out the stops and produce a proper triple A title.

The new graphics stuff they're doing looks nice too.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 08:48 PM

I was reading about clear sky. Holy crap, time to dream of new parts.

As for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and every other game released after 2003 for that matter, do not favor me. It was fun while I was at 15fps without too much skipping. Reminds me of a Fallout FPS. Then when I reach the Garbage, shit gets bad.

Also, before Stalker got released, it just seemed like they were cutting shit left and right. It feels half finished.

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:53 PM

Yeah they basically wasted YEARS on stupid features that never made the cut. At one stage they said that during the nights you'd have to barricade yourself inside a building to avoid being killed while you slept - you had to sleep regularly or you'd die or something. There was also all this weird stuff with the blowouts that never actually made the final game.

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 08:53 PM

asdfadsfsadfsadf

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:56 PM

James stole GW's login details. :eek

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 09:01 PM

Oh shit, I just noticed GSC Game World also developed Codename Outbreak. I haven't thought about that game in years. It was good IIRC.

OxBlood Jul 10th, 2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 566866)
Yeah they basically wasted YEARS on stupid features that never made the cut. At one stage they said that during the nights you'd have to barricade yourself inside a building to avoid being killed while you slept - you had to sleep regularly or you'd die or something. There was also all this weird stuff with the blowouts that never actually made the final game.

And thatīs why Stalker sucks in my opinion. Itīs just your regular Shooter + a little bit of interesting stuff...and plus a lot of bugs. Also the combat doesnīt work very well because you have to pump about 1,5 Clips of AK-Ammo into someone before he finally drops dead. I remember having a mod that tweaked the damage but the player also took a lot more damage wich made it suck again.

We were promised a life-simulation in the beginning and got a sub-par shooter. Sad.

Guitar Woman Jul 10th, 2008 02:56 AM

You are completely wrong and I hope a black man violates you

EisigerBiskuit Jul 10th, 2008 12:13 PM

I did try OL mod before being forced back into regular. It does take a lot of ammo to take people out. At least in OL, you're forced to survive day to day, and not everyone is a super hero.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 10th, 2008 09:23 PM

This mod is bullshit

Dr. Boogie Jul 11th, 2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EisigerBiskuit (Post 566992)
I did try OL mod before being forced back into regular. It does take a lot of ammo to take people out. At least in OL, you're forced to survive day to day, and not everyone is a super hero.

You shoot them in the head. It's just harder in the beginning because you have crappy guns.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

Yeah, but point blank with a Viper takes 10 shots? I still like knowing I'll die from a few shots too.

Dr. Boogie Jul 11th, 2008 06:54 PM

Then buy new armor.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 12th, 2008 03:58 AM

No I mean UGH nevermind

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 04:22 AM

Jesus christ, I fucking hate the RC Model missions in San Andreas.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 13th, 2008 11:50 AM

I'm going to a mini-golf an arcade in a little bit and I'm hoping they still have a game called Wind Jammers there. It was the shit.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 13th, 2008 01:09 PM

I've been playing through all of the old Mega Man games, mostly the millions I missed over the years. Just finished MM6, 7, and 8, now I'm working on 5, though I hear it's not as good.

I'll probably start working on the MMX games next, because I missed the last two PS1 games.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 02:50 PM

ocarina! and it's wonderful

i really want to play banjo kazooie though >:

EisigerBiskuit Jul 13th, 2008 07:46 PM

I'm on the ice level. Saving christmas lights from whack-a-gators is funny. Mostly the part where they scream.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 08:53 PM

That jiggy and like 3 others were the only things stopping me from 100%ing that game when I was a kid :(

liquidstatik Jul 14th, 2008 12:53 AM

YOUNGSTA

pac-man Jul 14th, 2008 02:26 AM

I've been playing Flight of the Amazon Queen for about a week now. ScummVM is a godsend.

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 566945)
You are completely wrong and I hope a black man violates you

Then tell me, what good parts does Stalker offer, keeping in mind what it was SUPPOSED to be.

Also: Playing The Pirates! Remake right now. Fantastic little game.

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 03:33 AM

i like stalker for what it is, rather than what it was supposed to be

that's probably because i never heard any of the development hype before i played it, i guess :(

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2008 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 568263)
i like stalker for what it is, rather than what it was supposed to be

that's probably because i never heard any of the development hype before i played it, i guess :(

I guess so. I heard about it, when it was still a bold vision of a life-simulation in the "Zone" about Artifact-Hunting and survival.

And look what we got in the end *sighs*

Stalker is not bad in terms of ideas or story. I like the story, all 7 (or more?) endings of it. But is has so much wasted potential.

And it was extremely buggy as well in the release-version but Iīm not even taking that into account right now.

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 05:53 AM

dear designers of mass effect:

please do not make the targeting reticle of your game blue-grey and then have half of the planets you travel to either be blue-grey ice worlds or have blue-grey water covering most of them

it makes my head ache every time i'm trying to shoot something accurately when i'm outside >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 14th, 2008 06:18 PM

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Played it my friend for the story mostly. It's kind of fun though.

Lobo Tommy Jul 14th, 2008 06:23 PM

I've been playing Intellivision.

Does anyone else hear have one? I highly doubt it.

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 07:26 PM

yes, nobody on a forum for a website that reviews retro games would possibly have a intellivision :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 14th, 2008 07:50 PM

Still have Frog Bog and Astrosmash.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 09:38 PM

Someone brought Soul Calibur 2 into my household without my knowledge

I predict I'll have split a gamecube controller in half by midnight

over someone's head

Lobo Tommy Jul 15th, 2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 568507)
Still have Frog Bog and Astrosmash.

Is astrosmash any good? I'm guessing it is or you wouldn't have held onto it.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 10:24 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 16th, 2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 568785)
Is astrosmash any good? I'm guessing it is or you wouldn't have held onto it.

It's pretty cool. The first game I remember playing with a teleport button. I don't sell games or systems though.

Also...fuck Link in Soul Calibur. There's a lot of cheapness in the game but he takes the fucking chedder.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 01:05 AM

I play Taki so I get hit extra hard with characters who can reach ridiculous distances

Say, for example, fucking all of them

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 16th, 2008 02:30 PM

I know what you mean, I play Talim. If I don't use her Soul Calibur Tonfa's I usually have to stay either close-medium range. Come Talim....Come wreckage.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 16th, 2008 02:41 PM

So I sold a bunch of games (Sonic Adventure 1+2 for GC, Zelda DS, No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii) for a PSP "phat", memory card, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I feel so dirty now that I finally own a PSP. One of you fine gents is going to have to tell me how to get emulation working. As soon as I get an adaptor for my memory card to connect to the PC. Stupid Sandisk for not including this already...

EDIT: Well fuck, didn't realize the PSP has a built-in USB thing. I'm connected, but I still don't know how to get fancy stuff running on my PSP :(

pac-man Jul 16th, 2008 03:12 PM

I've started playing Kameo (it came packaged in with my 360). Anyway, I decided to give it a go as a holdover until I get something new. It's okay for an elderly 360 game.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:03 PM

So I broke that controller just a little later than expected last night :<

Now I get an excuse to try out the Wii's classic controller, though.

MetalMilitia Jul 17th, 2008 05:13 PM

Battlefield Heroes Closed Beta. :hat

Shyandquietguy Jul 17th, 2008 09:42 PM

Tactics Ogre

I don't have alot of GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!!!!

Esuohlim Jul 18th, 2008 01:57 AM

Metroid Fusion :\

Guitar Woman Jul 18th, 2008 02:10 AM

Best Metroid.

If you aren't enjoying it you probably haven't encountered the SA-X yet.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 18th, 2008 04:06 PM

My friend came over last night, broke out my roommate's xbox with emulators on it. Played a good amount of NES and Genesis games.

American Gladiators for NES. The wall can go fly a kite on that game.

Ikari Warriors 3 for NES. Jump kick for the win.

Silver Surfer for NES. How the mighty have fallen.

Super Ghouls & Ghosts for SNES. meh, having the double jump is actually worse than being able to aim at angles.

Snow Bros for NES. Let the good times roll.

Sonic 2 for genesis. Let the good times Spin Dash.

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 569334)
Battlefield Heroes Closed Beta. :hat

Ass. You don't have to rub it in, you know.

MetalMilitia Jul 18th, 2008 05:21 PM

It's really fun. Gonna' be a great game when it's released.

My favourites things about are character customisation and the theme music. Both are excellent.

Guitar Woman Jul 18th, 2008 06:28 PM

Is it the usual Battlefield experience, or did they mix it up a little?

MetalMilitia Jul 18th, 2008 06:41 PM

It's a free to play TF2-styled affair.

Guitar Woman Jul 18th, 2008 06:45 PM

orly!

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 07:29 PM

WITH VEHICLES, LIKE PLANES

MetalMilitia Jul 18th, 2008 08:45 PM

I kick ass in the planes :hat

I tried to plug in my joystick but my PC doesn't have a serial port anymore :tear

EDIT: maybe a game port. Either way it's not USB >:

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 09:43 PM

The 360 controller works very nicely.

Guitar Woman Jul 18th, 2008 10:58 PM

New PVK2 version is out :picklehat