I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unacceptable Complaint (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4341)

Ninjavenom Jul 1st, 2003 02:07 PM

Unacceptable Complaint

Do people really find it that hard to sleep without complete silence? I refuse to believe that someone cannot sleep when there is some sort of noise. In Ocean City my sister whined about how she didn't want us watching TV in their room because she was trying to sleep. She said she can only sleep with her CD player on, not with anything else. Now i already know this is a bullshit reason, but my dad just told me to turn my music down because he was trying to sleep upstairs. From there all you can hear is a low humming. Is it really THAT HARD for someone to sleep if something is happening?

liquidstatik Jul 1st, 2003 02:24 PM

I cant sleep in complete silence, I have to have a TV going or my CD Player. But my dad is like that, he has to have complete silence to sleep, which sucks cause my room is like right next to theirs. :(

Sethomas Jul 1st, 2003 02:32 PM

I just wonder why snoring is the perfect noise with which to keep people awake. I'm sure there are some fiendish evolutionary backfires involved there.

Vibecrewangel Jul 1st, 2003 02:38 PM

Sleep

Ninja - Yes it is!!!!!! I have a horrible time sleeping if there is noise. Light sleepers wake up to the slightest noise and can't fall asleep with noise going on.
Personally, I sleep with earplugs in if my S/O wants to watch TV.

Cap'n Crunch Jul 1st, 2003 02:50 PM

I can sleep either way. Last night I slept in total darkness, and the night before I fell asleep with the TV on. :)

Anonymous Jul 1st, 2003 03:24 PM

you should be buried alive

AChimp Jul 1st, 2003 04:01 PM

I can put up with soft noises, or very repetitive/constant (like running water or a tapping sound) noises of moderate sound level. If people are talking I can't sleep, so I've never been able to sleep when I can hear a TV, radio or music.

I have trouble sleeping when there's a lot of light, too, but I think that has more to do with my internal clock telling me that it's not time for sleeping. ;)

Zomboid Jul 1st, 2003 04:11 PM

I sleep with my tv on, but with very, very little sound. The little sound I do hear helps me drift into sleep.

sadie Jul 1st, 2003 04:56 PM

i just stay up until i have no control over it at all. that way, it doesn't really matter whether it's light or dark, noisy or quiet. :insomnia'sbitch

Zero Signal Jul 1st, 2003 04:57 PM

I always have Enigma or Machines of Loving Grace or Morphine in the CD player in the bedroom for sleeping. :)

Protoclown Jul 1st, 2003 05:51 PM

I can sleep through anything, I'm a pretty deep sleeper. In a dark quiet room on a stool, broad daylight in the middle of traffic, wherever.

SLjimbo Jul 1st, 2003 05:53 PM

Reason why some people can't go to sleep in complete silence is because of Tinnitus, a hearing syndrome where they get this "ringing" in the ears. I got Tinnitus, and yeah, it's hard to sleep with no noise.

Rongi Jul 1st, 2003 05:54 PM

I need absolute darkness in order to sleep. Noise dosen't bother me much, but I can't sleep at all when there is light present. Even the little light on the cable box annoys me.

punkgrrrlie10 Jul 1st, 2003 08:11 PM

I can't sleep when it's noisy.

The One and Only... Jul 1st, 2003 08:24 PM

I really need silence when I sleep.

Evil Robot Jul 1st, 2003 08:34 PM

FUCK THAT FUCK ALL OF YOU!!! I'm gonna drive by all your houses with the horn held down and throw M 80s out the window at 3 AM !!! MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Secret Agent Vomit Jul 1st, 2003 10:05 PM

The only way to get a good night's rest is to sleep in my pitch-black coffin. :goth

Ninjavenom Jul 1st, 2003 10:28 PM

I don't understand, though. I'm a very, very light sleeper (I wake up right before someone gets to the front door of my house nearly every time), and i have to have sound when i sleep. Any sound, just SOME kind, and preferrably, multiple sources for said sounds. Like i usually have music, and the fan, and my computer humming lightly. With the computer off my room seems kind of eerie now. :chatter

I think you no-noisers are all just freaks.

whoreable Jul 1st, 2003 10:29 PM

My freshmen year of college I went to sleep by the sounds of guns shots everynite. I swear there was always someone playing cs on my computer.

Rongi Jul 1st, 2003 10:30 PM

Ninjavenom
Driller Killer

lol :(

Yeah I usually have a fan going too. White Noise :rock

McClain Jul 1st, 2003 11:22 PM

The only way I'll fall asleep is with a fan on - or something with that gives that humming noise. It's funny, my wife is the same way. We can't sleep without that noise.

The_voice_of_reason Jul 2nd, 2003 12:46 AM

I can't sleep without someone whispering in my ear "Don't be afraid of Uncle Billy, shhhh go to sleep."

Spectre X Jul 2nd, 2003 09:04 AM

when I'm asleep, I can sleep through antyhing, except through my brother's snoring which is the exact frequency to which I wake up.

Any other noises, a nuclear bomb could go off next to my house, and the only thing in a 50 mile radius standing would be my bed and me, sleeping.

Helm Jul 2nd, 2003 10:19 AM

I do as sadie. I sleep every other day, and only for 3 to 5 hours. That way, it doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of a freakin CS lanparty.

kellychaos Jul 3rd, 2003 10:02 AM

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.