I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 01:52 AM

he's like a master of childhood fears. :(

Grislygus Feb 19th, 2010 01:54 AM

Seriously :( it's like SAAAY, THOSE ARE MY OLD DREAMS, BUB. I WANT ROYALTIES

dextire Feb 19th, 2010 01:58 AM

As a kid I would get terrified from looking at the illustrations for "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark".

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:08 AM

I used to think the Bugs Bunny Hair Monster was waiting for me on the upstairs landing. I had to turn off the stair-light and cross the hall in the dark to get to my room and he was always waiting for me.

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:13 AM

Dex, did it really terrify you or just make you wierded out. I found that the most simple things scared me, while the "scary" stuff just put my hais on end.

Grislygus Feb 19th, 2010 02:15 AM

The entrance to the attic was in my room as a young kid and I believed that it was where all my nightmares came from :(

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:17 AM

OH MAN! I HAD A DOOR IN A WALL TOO!

Grislygus Feb 19th, 2010 02:20 AM

AND IT WAS RIGHT FUCKING THERE

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:29 AM

My brother had the bed closest to it THANK GOD

Grislygus Feb 19th, 2010 02:32 AM

Tadao are you secretly my younger brother

ARE YOU, I SWEAR TO GOD YOU SNEAKY LITTLE BASTARD DAD AND I TOLD YOU TO STOP MOONLIGHTING AS A JAPANESE CONCUBINE OVER THE INTERNET

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:34 AM

HEY DEX, THANKS FOR DROPPING IN AND TROWING IN A LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING. THAT ADDS 1 POINT TO YOUR COOL LEVEL, BUT THEN I ASKED YOU A QUESTION AND YOU (like a spammer) COULDN'T BOTHER TO FOLLOW UP. YOU LOOSE 5 POINTS.

THIS IS A CHAT THREAD, WE CHAT HERE. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.

bigtimecow Feb 19th, 2010 02:35 AM

i'm gonna take a shit and go to bed :(

bigtimecow Feb 19th, 2010 02:35 AM

woops [/twitter]

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:39 AM

Gris,

When I gots older I moved into a different room cause I hated my older brother at the time. My dad breeds, so yet again there are wo beds to a room. I'm in the bed farthest from the closet and I awake to hear some fucked up noises coming rom the closet. Scary deep growling noises. I stayed awake for like 20 mins in terror afraid of the ground and the walls and everything. When I woke up I saw my dad in the other bed for some reason :lol The fucker must have been snoring or someshit. :(

Kitsa Feb 19th, 2010 08:35 AM

The hair monster's name is Gossamer.

Those Scary Stories illustrations creeped the everloving shit out of me, especially that one.

I can't remember if I said this before, but when I was in elementary school the It miniseries came out and they did a special-edition paperback of the novel. My mom, for whatever ill-advised reason, bought it for me. It had this giant luminous scowling pennywise on the cover and I didn't want anything to do with it, so I stuck it in the back of a bookcase in the basement behind some other books. I know for a fact that it was behind other books because Pennywise was on the spine too and I didn't want to look at him.

So this one night I was home alone, doing laundry in the dark basement, and it was storming and damned if that book didn't FALL OUT OF THE BOOKCASE FACING ME and all I could see was this glowing Pennywise face in the darkness. I became convinced that Pennywise had somehow really gotten to me through my reading the book and this was one of his ominous appearances. I dropped the laundry and ran upstairs and turned on every light, tv and radio in the house.

Later on, when other people were home, I tore off the cover and the spine-paper, tore them into tiny shreds, and flushed them down the toilet so he could go back to the sewer where he belonged. I've had several copies of IT since (hardcover...one's on my desk right now actually)...but I always do away with the dust jacket first.

In the director's commentary of the miniseries, the actors said that Tim Curry was so legitimately scary and authentic that everyone avoided him during filming. No one talked to him and he always had to eat his meals alone.

Pub Lover Feb 19th, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 673139)
THANKS FOR DROPPING IN AND TROWING IN A LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING. THAT ADDS 1 POINT TO YOUR COOL LEVEL, BUT THEN I ASKED YOU A QUESTION AND YOU (like a spammer) COULDN'T BOTHER TO FOLLOW UP. YOU LOOSE 5 POINTS.

Man, I do this all the bloody time. I must have super-negative points. :eek

Shrubfest Feb 19th, 2010 09:07 AM

Can anyone get me a really good picture of RoG? I am trying to prove a point to someone.
And I can't find one.

dextire Feb 19th, 2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 673133)
Dex, did it really terrify you or just make you weirded out. I found that the most simple things scared me, while the "scary" stuff just put my hairs on end.

Well, when I first read them I just found the illustrations very creepy.
Then I had a nightmare that this guy walked through my door and stood next to my bed.

After that for like 2 weeks I kept hearing him outside, his blood lightly tapping on my window like rain, waiting for me to look so he could break-in.
That's the most scared I've ever been from reading a book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 673139)
HEY DEX, THANKS FOR DROPPING IN AND TROWING IN A LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING. THAT ADDS 1 POINT TO YOUR COOL LEVEL, BUT THEN I ASKED YOU A QUESTION AND YOU (like a spammer) COULDN'T BOTHER TO FOLLOW UP. YOU LOOSE 5 POINTS.

Sorry, the caring about my Tadao cool level goes out after 2:00 am. :)
And if I were a spammer YOU COULD HAVE WAY MORE WOW GOLD TODAY!

Zhukov Feb 19th, 2010 10:49 AM

Call the police, citizen.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 19th, 2010 10:54 AM

When I was younger the 10,000 Volt Ghost from Scooby Doo used to scare me the most. I'm a generally paranoid person but between the crazy noises he made and the crazy swirling eyes was just too terrifying to me. I've noticed I've become I was used to hate.

Esuohlim Feb 19th, 2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 673152)
Can anyone get me a really good picture of RoG? I am trying to prove a point to someone.
And I can't find one.

dextire Feb 19th, 2010 11:27 AM

I can't deny that's a really good picture.
I think that Shrubfest made a small typo though, and was actually looking for Rogg.

Here you go.

dextire Feb 19th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 673152)
And I can't find one.

And now that enough time has passed that I'm sure whatever point you were trying to make is now null, here's the picture.

He's the one in the pickle hat.

Kitsa Feb 19th, 2010 02:50 PM

is this in some high school's lunchroom?

I forgot about the 10,000 Volt Ghost and completely did not make the association with the name. He was the jaggedy blurry big orange thing, right? He made like a shimmery sound and babbled nonsense.

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 02:54 PM

Is that a banner of a toaster?