I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

The Doctor Sep 22nd, 2010 04:05 PM

In Ontario do you guys have full inclusion in the classroom or partial or none? Here in New Brunswick, in my district anyways we have full inclusion. It can be good at times, but sometimes when including all we exclude other children it is hard to make a good balance. We do have life skills classes but for the most part everyone is lumped in together. I have only taught in public system and never had the opportunity for the life skills classes. Also the zombie barbies are sweet! We just bought a new house and are not sure what the kids are like in this neighborhood so it makes it sketchy to put stuff out, vandals and such.

Tadao Sep 22nd, 2010 04:25 PM

Full inclusion? I don't get that term. That would mean that some schools practice exclusion?

The Doctor Sep 22nd, 2010 04:34 PM

At one time there was special programs or classes that some students lets say with autism or extreme fetal alcohol disorder could attend instead of regular public schooling, but now they have full integration policies in our school districts in NB, the inclusion act so all children are together, tho some have special programs that are put in place within the classroom which can reek some havoc upon the teachers taking away from the needs of other students, like I said some good and some bad points.

Tadao Sep 22nd, 2010 06:39 PM

Fucking Nazis

Kitsa Sep 22nd, 2010 06:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_T4

MarioRPG Sep 22nd, 2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 698799)
Are you a teacher? My GF is a 1st grade teacher for a private school. She's looking into getting credentials to teach the challenged kids and to switch over to public.

No, I'm studying to be a nurse and this is my child health placement.

Quote:

We do have life skills classes but for the most part everyone is lumped in together.
This is officially labeled a "Life Skills Class". The children all have various disorders, Down's, Autism, and others I'm sure. They are the only students in the class, but are integrated with the rest of the school for some events (ie parts of football games, lunches...) depending on what they can handle.

captain516 Sep 23rd, 2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 697851)

God I fucking love Brad Neely.
LOT TOOK HIS DE-SEXING STICK AND HE WAVED IT AROUND MOST UNSEXILY.

The Doctor Sep 23rd, 2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 698829)
This is officially labeled a "Life Skills Class". The children all have various disorders, Down's, Autism, and others I'm sure. They are the only students in the class, but are integrated with the rest of the school for some events (ie parts of football games, lunches...) depending on what they can handle.

Very similar to the life skills class I have seen, they are included and school assemblies and other activities that promote interaction type skills.

Dimnos Sep 23rd, 2010 12:40 PM

Do you teach special ed Doc? Kids who do the full inclusion down here get their own teachers assistant assigned to them so they arent taking so much of the actual teachers time pulling them away from their other students.

Kitsa Sep 23rd, 2010 02:07 PM

executioneer Sep 23rd, 2010 02:11 PM

"pot bucks"?

Kitsa Sep 23rd, 2010 02:14 PM

potfarm, one of those facebook games.

Fathom Zero Sep 23rd, 2010 02:15 PM

lol

executioneer Sep 23rd, 2010 02:16 PM

that is possibly the most racist thing i've seen this year

Kitsa Sep 23rd, 2010 02:21 PM

http://newstalkradiowhio.com/localne...t-megafar.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Eleven Mexican nationals were arrested Monday after a three-month investigation into marijuana megafarms. Attorney General Richard Cordray says some of those farms have shown up in Ohio, and farms in Logan and Muskingum counties have been busted.

The U.S. Marshal has custody of the Mexicans, and they made an appearance before a federal magistrate in Dayton federal court.
The investigation started in June after two hunters came across a field of pot near Zanesfield.

The 11 Mexicans face charges of conspiracy to cultivate over 100 marijuana plants. They could get anywhere from five to 40 years in jail if convicted.
Investigators say the pot seized from the megafarms would have been worth about $5 million.

The Doctor Sep 23rd, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 698911)
Do you teach special ed Doc? Kids who do the full inclusion down here get their own teachers assistant assigned to them so they arent taking so much of the actual teachers time pulling them away from their other students.

No just regular elementary, we have TAs as well, but usually only one per class (for inclusion kids) if at all. I have bounced between grades and Phys Ed over the last couple years but always elementary (k-5 here). At the moment the TAs are in contract negotiations and are doing a work to rule as oppose to an all out strike.

Dimnos Sep 23rd, 2010 05:11 PM

Are various posts disappearing and then reappearing later for other people or is it just me?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 23rd, 2010 05:33 PM

Its the old servers ghost.

Esuohlim Sep 23rd, 2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 698947)
Are various posts disappearing and then reappearing later for other people or is it just me?

IT IS A FRIGHTENING ORDEAL

MLE Sep 24th, 2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 698929)
marijuana megafarms.

What's with all the hate on Farmville.

Kitsa Sep 24th, 2010 07:33 AM

I used to play it with/for family members who needed a neighbor, I just couldn't take how demanding it got. I had people wanting me to send them nails and sheep and everything all the time, people were sending me notes that started out with some fake salutation or concern and then quickly got to the real farmville business, and I'd just had a baby and it was all a bit too much.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 24th, 2010 09:06 AM

Isn't Farmville just Harvest Moon + Ad Campaign?

Zhukov Sep 24th, 2010 10:03 AM

How in the flipping heck do you arrest someone for growing dope on facebook? It's political correctness gone mad.

Fathom Zero Sep 24th, 2010 10:53 AM

Zhukov, is Uluru worth seeing?

executioneer Sep 24th, 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 698979)
How in the flipping heck do you arrest someone for growing dope on facebook? It's political correctness gone mad.

i don't think it was facebook pot