I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Shyandquietguy Aug 13th, 2011 09:27 PM

Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip. :(

Dr. Boogie Aug 14th, 2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 737548)
The push/pull system was kind of tough at first since it does rely on really quick timing, but once I got it down, I could fight those 100 dude battles so quickly. I had to flip the difficulty all the way up and then it was way challenging.

I get pushing to break through blocks, but pull is almost useless unless your opponent is a total maniac who's always pushing. And keep in mind this is all on easy, when you get a little icon telling you when your opponent is pushing/pulling. As far as I can tell, there's no other indication beyond that. Really, all I wind up doing is using push for some blocks, and otherwise just mash the weak attack button all the time to break through when the other guy tries to pull.

And I did eventually find the sword in the stump. I never bothered to look there originally because of all the invisible collision in the game, but I haven't used it that much because I already pumped up another draw-style sword that didn't have the big negative def stat on it.

OxBlood Aug 14th, 2011 03:15 AM

As far as I remember, you can read the animation of your enemy to determine wether to push or pull, at least I think that´s how I always did it.

Alice 2 is really not a bad game so far but it seems to be way too long for it´s own good, it really drags.

mew barios Aug 14th, 2011 10:39 AM

all this diablo talk has me playing through diablo 2 again. i guess at some point they patched it so you don't need a cd in your drive anymore, but i'm surprised they didn't do something like implement a system to sell increased storage space. i was living off ramen when i was playing this regularly but i woulda robbed a hobo for $5 or whatever if it meant doubling that pitiful storage bin

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 02:35 PM

I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.

Sam Aug 14th, 2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 737779)
I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.

This turns me on.

k0k0 Aug 14th, 2011 03:10 PM

I know how to get thief working on windows 7, but I know nothing of the demo. I say find the full game and follow these steps:

1) Install by running setup.exe -lgntforce to bypass the "This won't run on windows NT" message
2) Right click on Thief.exe, selected Compatibility, and Run As Administrator and XP Compatibility Mode.
3) Start Thief up, opened options menus and quit, just to generate config files.
4) Unpack DDFix into Thief folder (for me, e:\games\ThiefG)
5) Replace the stock Thief.exe with pre-patched Thief.exe from http://www.saleck.net/Downloads/Thie...Fix-Thief1.zip It's necessary as the DDFixGUI does not do very well with 64bit windows. Manually patching the .exe with a hex editor is possible, but this was much simpler.
6) Right click on the new Thief.exe, select Compatibility and Run As Admin and XP Compatibility Mode again.
7) Unpack http://www.filefront.com/13839558/Da...creen-v6r3.zip into Thief folder and rand DarkWidescreen.bat, setting up the resolution (1680 by 1050, 100 FOV)
8) The game should work and even show the cutscenes.

It'll be a pain in the ass, but that's how to get thief running on a modern computer.

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 03:21 PM

Well, it was running without any comp modes for a bit, but then just freezes. So far, changing to xp, 98 or 95 has LESS success. Not sure if the fix will help, but I'll try!

(I was only playing the demo because I'm absolutely gash at gaming, but I figured a demo was a good place to start practising. I'm afraid of the full game)

k0k0 Aug 14th, 2011 03:27 PM

Oh yeah, the full game is pretty daunting I suppose, if you don't play a lot of games.

Shrubfest Aug 14th, 2011 03:41 PM

Update: It worked in concept, but as i wasn't starting from a full game it demands a cd.

I'll come back to it when I've gained courage enough to tackle the whole thing.

Grislygus Aug 14th, 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyandquietguy (Post 737674)
Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip. :(

I BEAT THE WHOLE DAMN THING WITHOUT A SINGLE SKIP AHAHAHAHHAHA

Took me back to sitting around my nintendo and taking turns playing Fire n Ice with my friends in between Trog sessions

Sam Aug 14th, 2011 04:06 PM

Shrub you could tackle me anytime and I will Thief you all night long. :love

Tadao Aug 14th, 2011 04:11 PM

I downloaded AVA and plan on playing it, but I have to masturbate first.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 16th, 2011 10:44 AM

Freddy krueger is the new character in mortal kombat.

ThrashO Aug 16th, 2011 02:40 PM

Anyone played Minecraft? The game is destroying my life right now :(

I built this:

And yes, it took crazy long. The inside is bananas.

Esuohlim Aug 16th, 2011 03:03 PM

The only reason I'd play Minecraft is if I wanted to fuck other people's shit up that they worked so hard on

Fathom Zero Aug 16th, 2011 03:06 PM

milhouse you don't play games

what are you doing in here?

k0k0 Aug 16th, 2011 03:08 PM

Minecraft is nones the cool. It's all about Terraria.

OxBlood Aug 17th, 2011 05:15 PM

Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...it´s a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, it´s a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 17th, 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 738484)
Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...itīs a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, itīs a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.

Want to play that real bad.

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 05:21 PM

I'm getting mine tomorrow, when this download finishes. I am not paying any money to Nintendo until they bring it to the states. They can bite my ass. On a brighter note, Europe will be getting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower also.

OxBlood Aug 17th, 2011 06:12 PM

Aren´t there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It can´t be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game I´d be glad to help :)

k0k0 Aug 17th, 2011 06:24 PM

Yeah, I softmodded my wii when I thought they wouldn't bring tatsunoko vs capcom to the US. I still enjoy the japanese version more though! It took all of 10 minutes for me to fix it to where it would play PAL/NTSC-J games, plus games off a hard drive. I don't pirate games for my wii unless they don't come to America.

darkvare Aug 17th, 2011 06:27 PM

i tried playing a bit of mario party ds but thosse lame coincidences that always make me lose at the end always turn me away from thesse games

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 17th, 2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 738492)
Arenīt there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It canīt be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game Iīd be glad to help :)

Does it tie into the rest of the Xeno series at all? The ending to Xenosaga episode III would lead me to believe it is.