I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Aug 29th, 2011 06:54 AM

Finished Deus Ex HR. I guess I´ll play it again on Hard, then switch back to Xenoblade until Dead Island and Spacemarine get here next week...

k0k0 Aug 29th, 2011 11:33 AM

I'm waiting on reviews for dead island before I buy since the next few months are going to be video game heavy events for me.

LordSappington Aug 29th, 2011 12:38 PM

I thought it was kinda weird how much emphasis the ads put on them holding guns, when all the things I read about the game emphasized that there would be very few guns, and focused on melee combat.
But that's just my weird observation.
As for the Borderlands plot: There's a big ol' hidden Vault full of treasure rumored for generations. You and your party are looking for it. Stuff happens along the way.
Spoilers!

k0k0 Aug 29th, 2011 12:58 PM

Spoilers!

OxBlood Aug 30th, 2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 740000)
I'm waiting on reviews for dead island before I buy since the next few months are going to be video game heavy events for me.

I can just go and get it since I don´t have to pay full price for it AND one of my best friends is my Zombie go-to guy, whatever it is with zombies, he´s the man you need for coop and stuff...we´re both actually :D

I guess if Z-Day really comes someday we´ll die like everybody else but we´d have fun while fleeing our impending doom :lol

k0k0 Aug 30th, 2011 01:54 AM

Yeah, and when the apocalypse comes I'll be ready because I played lots of doom as a kid.

Of course both things have about the same chance of actually happening.

Sam Aug 30th, 2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 740070)
Yeah, and when the apocalypse comes I'll be ready because I played lots of doom as a kid.

UM ONLY IF THE APOCALYPSE TAKES PLACE ON MARS, JEEZ. :rolleyes

Shyandquietguy Aug 30th, 2011 02:39 AM

I've been playing Borderlands like a mofo and will not be surprised if I come out with a complexion of a ten year long meth user.

Good god, this eight dollar thing saved my week off.

OxBlood Aug 30th, 2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 740070)

But the Inca!!!...Wait...Maya!

LordSappington Aug 30th, 2011 03:30 AM

Turns out that Borderlands multiplayer isn't much fun at all. I tend to take things slow, while my friends are practically playing a goddamn speed run with all the quests. I had to reset my skills, because what the fuck is the point of setting up to heal teammates if they won't stand still for a second?
God, I haven't been this stressed at a team game in a long time.

k0k0 Aug 30th, 2011 03:38 AM

It's not that fun because your friends are retarded. Me and my buddies took it slow, let everyone read the quest notes, split loot evenly and never got far ahead. Good luck beating Crawmerax if you guys aren't able to work together.

Dr. Boogie Aug 30th, 2011 03:40 AM

Yeah, you definitely don't want to try coop in a game like that unless you have someone willing to experience the game along with you, rather than guys blazing through the slow parts to get loot.

LordSappington Aug 30th, 2011 03:44 AM

It's really disappointing. I might just be overreacting right now, though, so I'm going to stop playing for a bit and try again when I'm not stressed so much.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 30th, 2011 04:00 PM

but then your other dudes are gonna have higher level than your dude.

darkvare Aug 30th, 2011 06:04 PM

by the middle point my character was pretty much sweating bullets for infinite ammo my turret healed me so i was pretty much unkillable

Shyandquietguy Aug 30th, 2011 11:45 PM

I got an awesome shotty which has saved my ass by second wind so many times that it's not even funny.

Borderlands is literally the closest I'll get to being up to date gaming wise.

In the mean time I'm trying to ID my mobo so hopefully I won't have to go through replacing that just so I can be an inch or two more relevant without killing my savings.

Zomboid Sep 1st, 2011 07:06 PM

I'm most of the way through Fallout 2 now. I don't know what I'll play next, but I dug out my copy of STALKER, and I got a mouse for my laptop, so I could finally play games with MattJack and Sam on Steam.

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 12:05 AM

IF YOU TOLD US YOUR STEAM NAME, BRAH.

Nick Sep 2nd, 2011 12:14 AM

Its probably Zomboid.

Maybe.

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 12:23 AM

NICK, YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Nick Sep 2nd, 2011 12:37 AM

IM JUST GOING OFF HIS XBLA TAG

OOPS

LordSappington Sep 2nd, 2011 03:17 AM

Bought myself a 3DS. So far I love it; it's sleek, shiny, and has a bunch of neat features.
Still playing Borderlands; it got better for a bit, but now that we're playing Moxxi's Underdome Riot, it's gotten much much worse. My best mate, playing Mordechai, is generally cool; we work together well, and he stands still so I can actually use my healing abilities with him.
My other friend, playing Lilith, got his hands on several obscenely powerful guns with x4 elemental chances. So, he's now just zipping across the stadium, exploding stuff, taking all the kills, and generally being an ass. I finally stopped trying to heal and revive him because fuck it.
Also, if anyone's up for some Borderlands, Killing Floor, or TF2, my Steam is lordsappington. Yaaay

k0k0 Sep 2nd, 2011 04:58 AM

I wouldn't do Moxxi ever again. it was about 4 hours of stupidness just to beat one room completely at the highest level. It's probably one of the worst dlc addons. But it's ok because the rest of the borderlands dlc is some of the best dlc.

LordSappington Sep 2nd, 2011 11:38 AM

I really like it so far. Moxxi is hilarious, but as usual I'm not getting drops worth shit.
As an interesting side note, this was posted from my shiny new 3ds. Turns out you can even stream netflix!

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2011 11:43 AM

I'm convinced that the 3DS is just a ploy to fuck with people's depth perception such that they get into horrible, lethal accidents, thus culling the world population of the lesser among us.