I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ask the Mexican (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708753)

Dimnos Aug 1st, 2012 06:36 PM

Ask the Mexican

Since Willie is no longer with us. :tear I have been waiting for the next guru. Seeing as no on else has been nominated and taking my current need into mind, I'm asking Vare.

Como se dice... Tanks but no tanks. Gracias y no?

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2012 08:15 PM

:lol

Kitsa Aug 1st, 2012 08:28 PM

Someone asked me today how to say ice bucket liner in Spanish and I had no fucking idea.

I think I said something stupid like bolsa para hielera or something.

darkvare Aug 1st, 2012 10:08 PM

i'm gonna assume you meant "thanks but no thanks" so it's "gracias pero no gracias" in the case it's "tanks but no tanks" then "it's tanques pero no tanques" and in regards of kitsas dilema i've never seen someone use a bag in a cooler or ice bucket when i use a cooler i just trhow the ice in there

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2012 10:51 PM

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2012 10:51 PM

my favorite part of this was when darkvare messaged me asking about tanks

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 1st, 2012 11:58 PM

Are we talking panzers or meatbags?

kahljorn Aug 2nd, 2012 12:40 AM

does mexico even have tanks

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2012 08:59 PM

dammit where was your mexpertise when I was my hospital's sole "interpreter", meaning I was the only one in the entire fucking gringolocked building who knew any Spanish at ALL, and I had to stumble through telling some terrified kid that he had to go to "the cage place with policemen"? :tear

Also, <<un chingo de (algo)>> = "fuckload"?

darkvare Aug 2nd, 2012 09:41 PM

pretty much yeah

Dimnos Aug 2nd, 2012 10:04 PM

Yeah, I meant thanks. :lol

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2012 10:21 PM

ok, that's what I thought it meant, thanks

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2012 10:16 AM

Tanks.

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2012 10:21 AM

I need to know the Mexican perspective on the Jackson family dispute.

kahljorn Aug 3rd, 2012 01:55 PM

i need to know a good bean recipe

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2012 05:08 PM

What's the best recipe for cooking meth?

kahljorn Aug 3rd, 2012 07:58 PM

the mexicans i knew always used the ajax method

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2012 09:34 PM

around here, meth is strictly a white trash thing, not a mexican thing

kahljorn Aug 3rd, 2012 10:09 PM

i absolutely refuse to believe that

darkvare Aug 3rd, 2012 10:27 PM

mexicans use more self grown drugs meth draws too much attention while being cooked and considering the army is roaming the streets is not a good aidea this days

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2012 10:37 PM

I'd just like to say that Abuelita chocolate is fucking delicious

the tablets, not the powder or syrup shit

darkvare Aug 3rd, 2012 11:34 PM

when i was young my mom hid thosse huge bars cause me and my brother used to eat them raw

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 12:02 AM

i love this thread

Tadao Aug 4th, 2012 11:02 AM

Don Darkvare,

Are you rich enough to buy drinking water?

darkvare Aug 4th, 2012 11:29 AM

20 liters of drinking water comes to a whooping 10 pesos

Tadao Aug 4th, 2012 12:24 PM

That's pretty expensive yeah? How do you filter your water? Charcoal/sand then boil. When my nephew was staying by the Sea of Cortez, he said they added a drop of cilantro essence.

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 12:43 PM

when iw as in mexico they didnt even have toilet water. Instead, they had a giant barrel filled with water so when u were done you had to get a bucket and pour it into the toilet :lol

darkvare Aug 4th, 2012 12:53 PM

well to put it into perspective a half a liter soda goes for 8 pesos it's not expensive and i never heard of the cilantro essecne thing

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 01:19 PM

Mexico is never as cool or friendly as high school Spanish books imply. Then again, neither is France and I'm sure those Romans were fuckers too.

My high school Spanish teacher made us bring stuff for tacos every week and we all thought that was cool until someone saw her sneaking tupperware out of her bag and taking home the leftovers. Then it was just sad. :(

But yeah, according to "Voces y Vistas", all Mexicans are hip teenagers in cosby sweaters and acid-washed jeans, who do nothing but play the guitar, buy churros (and cacahuates at the zoo, for some reason) and try to find the library.

Tadao Aug 4th, 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 760771)
when iw as in mexico they didnt even have toilet water. Instead, they had a giant barrel filled with water so when u were done you had to get a bucket and pour it into the toilet :lol

I hope you didn't put the toilet paper into the toilet! :eek

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 02:55 PM

i dont remember. I don't think i could take a shit at the time cuz i was at a mexican labor camp right before that and all they had was portopotties and we had limited toilet paper so I was taking a shit like once a week :lol
after i escaped i got drunk and puked up like a weeks worth of food

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 04:27 PM

how the hell did you get stuck in a Mexican labor camp

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 04:58 PM

cuz i drank a lot when i was younger and that was my punishment

http://www.cafety.org/solutions-and-...ican-officials

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 07:04 PM

interesting.

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 07:20 PM

im not one of the kids in that article though

Esuohlim Aug 4th, 2012 07:59 PM

WHERE CAN I FIND A NICE BUSINESS-PROFESSIONAL SOMBRERO

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2012 10:48 PM

I watched this documentary on pablo escobar last night. They had this picture where he dressed up like his hero poncho villa. He had this ten gallon sombrero, two bandoliers, two shotguns and all and all looked like some sort of super mexican.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2012 11:27 PM

i sent a picture to tadao of the pancho villa monument that sits at la bufa over here in zacatecas
and if you really want a sombrero we have tons of stores here that even customize them

Tadao Aug 5th, 2012 12:48 AM

I was gonna ask you, is there heavy police coverage in La Bufa? I thought that town was supposed to be pretty chill. Or is it that there are normal amounts of cops but heavily armed like all the cops in Mexico.

kahljorn Aug 5th, 2012 01:03 AM

all them beans and rice go straight to the arms

darkvare Aug 5th, 2012 02:35 AM

la bufa has just like 3 cops tops

Tadao Aug 5th, 2012 11:21 AM

Hey Darkvare,

I have some badges, do you want them?

Tadao Aug 9th, 2012 04:21 PM

DonVare,

What do you think of your new president?

darkvare Aug 9th, 2012 06:31 PM

i really don't feel like talking about him

Tadao Aug 10th, 2012 01:06 PM

Well then how about sharing grandmas bean recipe. Mine is

4 cups pinto beans
1 clove garlic
home made chicken broth
1 teaspoon seasalt
1 teaspoon mrs dash
some rosemary

I want to add butter something to it, but I don't know what it's missing. :(

kahljorn Aug 10th, 2012 01:09 PM

lard
hamhock

Tadao Aug 10th, 2012 01:44 PM

Well, the chicken broth has the grease of lard and the sea salt makes up for the lack of pork. I was thinking about adding some butter to help it out, but it's not lacking in that department. It's missing a spice I think. I thought mrs dash would do it but it failed.

kahljorn Aug 10th, 2012 06:48 PM

cumin then. also u got no onions and i dont put garlic in mine. and y rosemary?

salt doesnt make up for the lack of pork and chicken broth kinda helps but a little bit of lard+chicken broth is better. Salt is just salt it doesn't replace a pork flavor. The flavors are all completely different.. at least when u refry it/brown the onions do it in lard. when u eat beans in the restaurant its basically lard+chicken broth flavor, or hamhocks.

and dont use butter it makes it taste bad :(

i spent years trying to make good mexican beans and the ones that tasted closest to a mexican food restaurant used lard+chicken broth or hamhocks. i also tried bacon but i thought it made it taste too much like bbq beans

also i think ur not supposed to cook beans in salt cause it does something o their consistency.

Kitsa Aug 10th, 2012 09:48 PM

you're japanese and you didn't put any yellow miso in that shit?

darkvare Aug 10th, 2012 09:59 PM

i don't think ive ever cooked beans with chicken broth, all i do is i get the beans then put them on a pressure cooker add water, salt, garlic and onions all chopped. You need to leave them cooking for a long time until they get soft then you get them out and fry them while squashing them adding a bit of water if you think they might burn.

edit: you know what this has inspired me to start making a videos series i was thinking about for a long time it's gonna be called cooking with vare i'll try to cook my carnachos tomorrow and film it so you guys can steal my recipes

King Hadas Aug 10th, 2012 10:12 PM

Is it true mexican plumbing systems can't handle toilet paper so you have to take all your shitty toilet paper outside and burn it?

darkvare Aug 10th, 2012 11:12 PM

no

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2012 08:05 AM

Every time I go to a mexican supermarket and past the candy display (the little cellophane bags with the paper labels), I'm always amazed at how one bag will have candy and one bag will have, like, three or four wadded latex balloons in it. And then another bag will have some spice that's incredibly toxic if not cooked.

Mexican kids must be smarter than American kids, because if American candy were packaged that way kids would be trying to eat balloons and choking left and right.

Esuohlim Aug 11th, 2012 11:30 AM

why isn't this thread extremely racist yet

Tadao Aug 11th, 2012 11:32 AM

Miso in my pinto beans? That sounds crazy. Also, I'm trying to really stay away from the pork. At this age you gotta worry about shit like that. :(

Tadao Aug 11th, 2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 760982)
i don't think ive ever cooked beans with chicken broth, all i do is i get the beans then put them on a pressure cooker add water, salt, garlic and onions all chopped. You need to leave them cooking for a long time until they get soft then you get them out and fry them while squashing them adding a bit of water if you think they might burn.

edit: you know what this has inspired me to start making a videos series i was thinking about for a long time it's gonna be called cooking with vare i'll try to cook my carnachos tomorrow and film it so you guys can steal my recipes

I bet it was the onion that was missing. God damit, I totally was going to add it but forgot.

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2012 05:13 PM

I have a vegan mexican bean recipe if that's what you're wanting.

Tadao Aug 11th, 2012 05:15 PM

Nah, I like meat, just want to try and stay away from meat that kills your heart. :(

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2012 07:47 PM

Some argue that it all does, but this isn't Ask the Vegetarian so I'll spare you my sanctimony for another time.

kahljorn Aug 12th, 2012 12:13 AM

how does pork kill your heart

ive never heard that before

is that like from some buddhist cookbook

Tadao Aug 12th, 2012 02:08 AM

By stopping it.

Zomboid Aug 14th, 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 760984)
Is it true mexican plumbing systems can't handle toilet paper so you have to take all your shitty toilet paper outside and burn it?

This is one of maybe five posts worth reading in this thread. Thanks, KH!

On topic: is this man a hero in your country?

darkvare Aug 15th, 2012 01:53 AM

no i have no idea who he is

kahljorn Aug 18th, 2012 12:00 PM

why the hell do mexicans trim hedges at 8am on a saturday morning

Zomboid Aug 18th, 2012 07:02 PM

They work while it's cool out!

kahljorn Aug 18th, 2012 07:25 PM

it aint cool to work on a saturday morning yo

Tadao Sep 12th, 2012 12:40 PM

Hey Mexican,

When I was in Mexico, it started raining and I was wondering if it's safe for people like me to drink the rain water or does it still need to be purified.

I assume it's safe, but maybe it picks up something in the atmosphere.

kahljorn Sep 13th, 2012 01:48 AM

It has been said that "Mexico City’s air has gone from among the world’s cleanest to among the dirtiest in the span of a generation."[4] Historic air pollution episodes of the 1950s led to acute increases in infant mortality.[5] Connections have also been found between air pollution and school absenteeism among children in Mexico City,[6] between air pollution and heart rate variability among the elderly in Mexico City,[7] and between urban air pollutants on emergency visits for childhood asthma in Mexico City.[8]

Kitsa May 12th, 2013 05:07 PM

wtf with this

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/disney-trademark-day-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Kitsa Dec 31st, 2013 01:39 PM

I think we lost our messican :(

WhiteRat Mar 28th, 2015 11:07 PM

i can haz cheezeberger?