I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

WhiteRat Feb 28th, 2008 10:33 PM

The Arrival featuring Charlie Sheen and his many dumbfounded facial expressions. All in all I think it's a decently entertaining movie.

Grislygus Feb 29th, 2008 01:57 PM

I just finished watching Darkon, and you people have not lived until you see hundreds (hundreds!) of accountants and hot topic clerks in battle armor (and foam weapons), complete with dramatic string accompaniment, assault a giant, slipshod wooden "Citadel of Peace", and explain to the documentary crew how this is very important.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2008 02:43 PM

I went to see Semi-Pro last night. I don't think it would have been that funny it I didn't see it with a theater full of people.

eliz.lanier Mar 3rd, 2008 11:45 PM

Last movie I saw in theatres was No Country for Old Men. Wasn't expecting much but it was really good- Javier Bardem definitely deserved the Oscar.

Last movie I watched at home was Waitress. Meh.. it's okay.

MetalMilitia Mar 4th, 2008 08:23 AM

Last thing I saw was Edmond. It had William H Macy playing a somewhat similar role to that which he played in Fargo. The only problem was that this wasn't anywhere near as good a story as Fargo and didn't have as good a director or supporting cast.

It's kind of a shame because it did have potential and started out interesting but then never really went anywhere or explained exactly why the lead character was the way he was.

I also watched Hedwig and the Angy Inch, which I've seen several times before but decided to watch again. Really good film.

BlackHexen Mar 4th, 2008 05:13 PM

-Insomnium. This was very good. Al Pacino is the coolest detective in this movie. Plot was good and i liked characters. Robin Wiliams's character is discusting.
-Blade. Cool movie. Vampires are cool.
-Blade 2. Isn't so good as first one. Entertaining but nothing more. Characters are boring.
-Ghost rider. I waited this to be one of the shittiest superhero-movie. This is funny and cool movie. I liked this a lot. I laughted to stupidity of this movie.
-Big mamma's house 2. I guess immediately what is going to happen when movie started. Plot is just one big clisee. Still i liked this. Idea of transestive old bitch, who travel house to house solving broblems, is just way too genious to dislike.
-25th hour. Little indifferent. Fortunately party-scenes are good, so i got positive felings from this movie.
-Saw 4. Also indifferend. Plot sucked ass. Violence was only reason why i keeped watching this till the end.
-The Heart is Deceitful, Above All Things. This is one of my favourite movies, i watched this second time. This movie contains drugs, pedophilia, whoring and dark side of fundamentalist-christianity.
-1408. This was good. I was suprised because most of todays horrormovies are shit. Atmosphere is near Silent Hill videogames. Characters are cool.
-Final Cut. Idea for this movie is great. Plot and characters are average. Some good scenes and odd maincharacter make this film worth watching. Good film for scifi fans.

Next time i post to this tread, movies will be ultimate cool. "Look at him, he is cool and he have good taste for movies" will you all think.

ElPila666 Mar 4th, 2008 05:37 PM

I hope you don't add Big momma house 2 to the ultimate cool movies list

BlackHexen Mar 4th, 2008 05:40 PM

Well I do. Movie makes funny about old women's christianity. That can be only cool. Mamma's "UUUUUUUUU!" voices are also something everyone should experience.

WhiteRat Mar 4th, 2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHexen (Post 536212)
Well I do. Movie makes funny about old women's christianity. That can be only cool. Mamma's "UUUUUUUUU!" voices are also something everyone should experience.

Pretending these words are coming out of the mouth of a Neanderthal caused me to LOL (Laugh Out Loud).

Please continue on with your in-depth assessment of Big Momma's House 2. I need to know if the movie lives up to all of the ridiculous hype.

liquidstatik Mar 4th, 2008 09:08 PM

I'm watching Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang on cinemax right now, and i don't care what you fags say, i like it.

Fat_Hippo Mar 9th, 2008 02:57 PM

Don't worry, I think that's a great movie, liquidstatik.

I watched Kinsey. Interesting enough.

WhiteRat Mar 9th, 2008 03:34 PM

Predator 2

HickMan Mar 9th, 2008 07:55 PM

-Zardoz
-Falling Down
-Zoolander

MetalMilitia Mar 10th, 2008 09:55 AM

King of Kong: A First Full of Quarters

What a great film!

Though one thing which puzzled me was how they always had footage of both sides of each phone conversation.

I just checked the TwinGalaxies site and Billy Mitchell is record holder again. :'(

argonath Mar 10th, 2008 12:39 PM

28 Weeks Later: I was really disappointed with it. I wasn't expecting much, since I knew Danny Boyle wasn't involved, but I certainly expected more than this. Clumsy pacing, awful character development, cheap scares, and a completely predicatable ending. There were some tense scenes during the escape from the building towrds the end, but they hardly made a difference. I don't think the drop in quality was as bad as from Blair Witch to Blair Witch 2, but it was damned close. * out of *****

On the other hand, my kids really liked Buzz Lightyear of Star Command which we also rented.

Fat_Hippo Mar 10th, 2008 02:12 PM

I just finished watching Season 1 of Lost on Mars (So it isn't a movie but a series, whatever). It's cool enough to make me want to watch Season 2 anyway. DCI Hunt kicks ass, even if he is a wanker. Basically, it would probably be good enough even without the whole time travel/coma thing, but that just raises it to a whole different level.

Zomboid Mar 10th, 2008 04:13 PM

Platoon and Leon. Just as good as I remember.

ElPila666 Mar 10th, 2008 05:49 PM

GRIZZLY PARK!!! RAAAARRGH!

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 10th, 2008 07:50 PM

The Big Lebowski

RaNkeri Mar 14th, 2008 07:45 PM

Just finished American Ninja few minutes ago. I loved it! Especially the ninjas!

Red ninjas, yellow ninjas, orange ninjas, blue ninjas, black ninjas, black star ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!!!

ElPila666 Mar 15th, 2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 538638)
Just finished American Ninja few minutes ago. I loved it! Especially the ninjas!

Red ninjas, yellow ninjas, orange ninjas, blue ninjas, black ninjas, black star ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!!!

Silver ninjas?

Pentegarn Mar 19th, 2008 06:33 AM

Last movie I saw was Charlie Wilson's War. It was better than I expected, considering I had no idea what it was when my girlfriend said she wanted to see it.

Fat_Hippo Mar 19th, 2008 09:12 AM

No Country for Old Men. Kicked major ass. I watched it in the cinema and in one scene my eyes were completely glued to the screen, which happens very rarely to me. Do youself a favor and watch it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 19th, 2008 10:02 PM

I just talked to my friend last night about No Country for Old Men, she said it was terrible. This is also coming from the person with a tattoo of a unicorn throwing up rainbows though. It looked really good.

ElPila666 Mar 19th, 2008 11:52 PM

Luckily i didn't watched No Country for Old Men on cinema cause there isn't a rewind option and otherway i'll coudn't understand the end of the movie

The one that i'm watching right now is Charlies Angels 2, i didn't know that Crispin Glover had such a badass role