I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Fat_Hippo Mar 20th, 2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 540682)
I just talked to my friend last night about No Country for Old Men, she said it was terrible. This is also coming from the person with a tattoo of a unicorn throwing up rainbows though. It looked really good.

Don't listen to her, seriously. Unless you have something against thrilling action and chase scenes, or you're a hog for traditional endings, I don't see how you could not like this movie. It's very different from most other movies, yes, but that only makes it better in my book.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 20th, 2008 03:50 PM

I might go rent it tonight. I have to get that and the Darjeeling limited too though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 20th, 2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPila666 (Post 540717)
Luckily i didn't watched No Country for Old Men on cinema cause there isn't a rewind option and otherway i'll coudn't understand the end of the movie

The one that i'm watching right now is Charlies Angels 2, i didn't know that Crispin Glover had such a badass role

Charlie's angels Full Throttle is one of the best movies made by anyone ever. :meat

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2008 01:42 PM

Rear Window

Pentegarn Mar 22nd, 2008 07:38 AM

I just watched Charlie Wilson's War. My girlfriend wanted to see it and I expected I would only be mildly entertained, but it turned out I really enjoyed it.

I just got No Country For Old Men via Netflix and will watch that one today.

Zomboid Mar 22nd, 2008 04:32 PM

The Host - Fucking awesome. Really fun monster movie.
2001 maniacs - ehhh.... Cheesy fun, I guess.

Rear Window was also really good.

Fat_Hippo Mar 22nd, 2008 04:55 PM

My Date with Drew - I was really dissapointed with this movie, cause it sounded like it might at the least be interesting, but it was actually just really boring. I watched the whole thing, but from 10 minutes into the movie and onwards, I was thinking to myself that I'd rather be doing something else. It might have something to do with the fact that I just kind of pitied the main character for having such a pointless obsession and being an idiot.

ChicagoDrew Mar 22nd, 2008 05:25 PM

The Core - Damn I love this movie. It's horrible and yet oh so awesome.

No Country For Old Men - It's good, actually. I think if you can sit thru some quiet periods, you'll grow to appreciate the kill-scenes more. I just thought the whole movie was very well made and the bad guy is really convincing.

Sam Mar 22nd, 2008 07:04 PM

I saw The Mist and I was very neutral towards it!

Spoilers!

Wild Wallace Mar 22nd, 2008 08:55 PM

Bubble Boy and What's The Worst That Can Happen?

Guess which one sucked more.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2008 10:45 PM

Gotta go with bubble boy. The latter at least had Danny Devito and John Leguizamo in it, sure fire win.

ElPila666 Mar 24th, 2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 541288)
I saw The Mist and I was very neutral towards it!

Spoilers!

I think The Mist is the best movie of the year so far is like a M. Night Shyamalan movie plus a good lovecraft story, Thomas Jane was awesome and the Capote guy too, it's a must see :rock

liquidstatik Mar 24th, 2008 04:54 AM

this isn't a movie, but i've been watchin dead like me on surfthechannel the last few days :x

McClain Mar 24th, 2008 10:00 AM

We Own The Night. Not half bad.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 01:56 PM

alpha dogs. good story, bad acting. poor kid :(

Fat_Hippo Mar 24th, 2008 04:43 PM

Pulp Fiction. Still a classic.

MetalMilitia Mar 24th, 2008 06:41 PM

The Orphanage & The Mist.

The Orphanage was kind of hard to keep up with because the sub-titles flash past really quickly (at least in the non-official subtitled version). Once you get used to this its a genuinely creepy film. Probably one of the better horrors/chillers I've seen in a long time.

The Mist was aright but the religious nut's ranting annoyed me more than anything. You just wanted someone to tell her to shut the fuck up so they could get on with dealing with the monsters. I didn't like the ending either but I'll spoiler tag that.

Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 24th, 2008 07:43 PM

I was forced to watch x-men 3 again last night. Only way I got through it again was alcohol, the problem and solution to all of life's problems.

Fat_Hippo Mar 25th, 2008 03:43 PM

I honestly don't understand what people think is so much worse about the third X-Men movie in comparison to the other ones.:confused:

Zomboid Mar 25th, 2008 06:33 PM

IT SUCKS

Esuohlim Mar 25th, 2008 07:27 PM

"I'm the Juggernaut bitch" haha.

They should have put GW in that movie as a cameo to post CD-i Zelda screenshots.

McClain Mar 25th, 2008 09:42 PM

WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER

Fathom Zero Mar 25th, 2008 10:08 PM

Stealth was an utter shitfest.

WhiteRat Mar 25th, 2008 10:17 PM

Summer Rental starring John Candy. Had it's moments but what do you expect from a cookie cutter 80's comedy.

Zomboid Mar 26th, 2008 12:05 AM

I just watched the orphanage. The subtitles did pop up and disappear kinda quickly, but really, all it takes is a quick glance to read what's there. I really liked it. Genuinely creepy in some parts and I really liked how they ended it. The very last scene seemed a bit unnecessary but that's not a big deal at all.