I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How will the DEMS assassinate Al Sharpton? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740)

Ronnie Raygun Feb 18th, 2003 11:27 AM

How will the DEMS assassinate Al Sharpton?

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030217-93667473.htm

I wonder how this will happen.

It's just a matter of time before they do it.....not literally of course. Somehow they will leak info. and attempt to assassinate his character.

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 11:43 AM

And you get NOTHING like that on the Right!! *cough* JOHN MCCAIN!*cough* :rolleyes

BombsBurstingInAir Feb 18th, 2003 01:00 PM

McCain? I don't compare his situation with that of dems wanting to eliminate Sharpton because of the black vote issue.

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 01:01 PM

Character assassination occurrs on all sides, and to try to imply otherwise is just silly.

Ronnie Raygun Feb 18th, 2003 01:02 PM

How did Republicans assassinate his character?

I'm not even saying that Republicans don't play rough sometimes......it's just a part of the game.

I'm just wondering when and how it's going to happen with Al Sharpton?

What do you think Kevin?

Personally I like Sharpton in the sense that he says what he really thinks and he's not afraid to stand up for it unlike Lieberman.

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 01:10 PM

I don't think it'll be as easy as simply smearing Sharpton, because that could alienate many, many votes. To be frank, I think they could link Sharpton to Bin Laden, and he'd STILL get more of the black vote than John Edwards ANY day....

BombsBurstingInAir Feb 18th, 2003 01:13 PM

:wah Kevin

:) Ronnie

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombsBurstingInAir
:wah Kevin

And what is this pertaining to? Doesn't Ronnie deserve a :wah for constantly looking for petty reasons to demonize the Democrats and at the same time canonize his pure Republicans????? As a Green, I see MANY valid reasons to criticize the Dems., but few tend to match up with the petty garbage that folks like you and Ronnie dig up.

BombsBurstingInAir Feb 18th, 2003 01:22 PM

LOL..I just wanted to get you all fired up big kev!!!

Ronnie Raygun Feb 18th, 2003 01:52 PM

"And what is this pertaining to? Doesn't Ronnie deserve a for constantly looking for petty reasons to demonize the Democrats and at the same time canonize his pure Republicans?????"

I never try to canonize Republicans. I condemn the democrats because I can't hate what they stand for. Just like you hate Republicans.

"As a Green, I see MANY valid reasons to criticize the Dems., but few tend to match up with the petty garbage that folks like you and Ronnie dig up."

....and you spend the rest of your time attempting to canonize the Greens.

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 01:52 PM

You pulled a boomerang on me. :(

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 18th, 2003 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
I never try to canonize Republicans. I condemn the democrats because I can't hate what they stand for. Just like you hate Republicans.

I don't hate ANYBODY. I believe in evil ideas and actions before I believe in evil people.

You revert to character attacks every time you get an opposing view thrown at you. I don't believe you possess the ability to be introspective at all when it comes to politics, to be honest

Quote:

....and you spend the rest of your time attempting to canonize the Greens.
How so? If the Greens run a bad candidate for president, such as a Cynthia McKinney (although unlikely), I probably won't support them. I think you'd support ANY Republican placed on the ticket, period.

Ronnie Raygun Feb 20th, 2003 05:23 PM

I didn't mean you hate Republicans as people. I meant you hate what we stand for.

I would support any Conservative placed against a liberal.....unless they were corrupt like Bill Clinton or something extreme like that.

If you don't support The Greens next time.....would you support...Lieberman or Kerry?

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 20th, 2003 05:25 PM

No, and neither will any true Democrats.

ItalianStereotype Feb 20th, 2003 05:25 PM

john edwards is actually a relative of my family, on the english side...for shame, for shame. :(

Ronnie Raygun Feb 20th, 2003 05:26 PM

Maybe he can give you a few of his millions.

BombsBurstingInAir Feb 20th, 2003 05:29 PM

Too bad John Kerry isn't a relative of yours. You could not only get a few million dollars from him but also a few million ounces of ketchup from his Big Ketchup stash.

KevinTheOmnivore Feb 20th, 2003 05:30 PM

I don't get it. :(

BombsBurstingInAir Feb 20th, 2003 05:43 PM

You will Kev...you will :)

Ronnie Raygun Feb 21st, 2003 08:55 AM

Kerry's wife is the heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune.

Miss Modular Feb 21st, 2003 08:11 PM

I guess Al Sharpton should join the Republican Party now, huh?

Rez Feb 22nd, 2003 06:26 PM

democrats will lose anyway.

al sharpton, that semi-important guy who's not tom daschle (forgot his name, if you can believe), kerry, and joe leiberman as competition against some ass who has firmly rooted himself in the seat because 9/11 was the best thing to ever happen to him and had advisors play off his PR amazingly well despite giving shitty non-speeches, letting the economy slide horribly, and enact patriot acts which lets officials get away with horrible abuse.

none of the democrats here stand for anything that could beat a fucker of this magnitude, and it'll be awful watching the re-election campaign

get the black pills.