I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 01:14 PM

you've been gone far too long

regale us with tales

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 01:19 PM

DAMMIT KHAL, CALM DOWN LONG ENOUGH TO GET UNBANNED, JESUS

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 01:22 PM

Holy shit BTC, awesome. post more stuff

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 02:05 PM

here are some other cool projects my lab (http://robotics.cs.uml.edu/) has been doing:

and then there's the artbotics program (http://www.artbotics.org/) which i teach to high school students and college students:

i also made all of the videos using my imovie and newgrounds audio portal search engine skillz

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 02:09 PM

I know way too many people that are cooler than me.

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735020)
you've been gone far too long

regale us with tales

so from august to december 2010 i worked for a robotics company (they make a lot of home robots and military robots). i was part of their education outreach program, and basically myself + someone else were hired to go to schools throughout massachusetts and give presentations about the world of robots and demo a few robots. it was pretty fun, good pay, and now i get to put it on my resume so yay. HOWEVER, the woman who was my partner for this project was...

a mormon. her being a mormon was not the problem, but i feel that it contributed to my aggravation with her. so when i got hired it was told to me via e-mail, and the other woman (whom i shall call julie from now on) was CC'd on the message. i decided to try to get a preview of who my partner was going to be, so i did a facebook search for this julie + last name. i found one result, and the first thing i see when i go to julie's profile is under favorite books it has only one entry: the bible. i don't ascribe to any religion by any means, but i could sense that this was going to define something about her.

so whatever, i start the job and we meet and she seems nice enough. almost too cheery, like super duper excited about everything, never swears, just seems way to uppity for me. for the first month we trained and made the presentation and learned how to use the robots we were to demo and everything was (pretty much) fine, minus a few little nuances about her personality that just bugged the shit out of me. we go off, give our first couple of presentations and they go over really great. then on the third day of presentations she makes me want to dive head first off of the stage and crack my fucking head open...

when we begin our presentations we start by introducing ourselves, the company, what we're gonna be talking about and showing them, etc. now, in transition to our next slide where we start showing actual robots and showing movies and stuff, she goes:

"adam and i, we love robots. but you know what else we love? you guys! because you guys are the future!"

my jaw almost dropped the first time she did this, as every child in the audience (i believe they were middle schoolers) just burst out in laughter. i had to somehow recoup from this and just continued with the presentation like it never happened. she continued this trend for the rest of our time working together, and i never felt like i could communicate the correct way to tell her to not say it. what was worse, was sometimes our presentations were only to say 10 kids in a classroom as opposed to an auditorium, and she pulled the same line to a group of HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. i almost fucking died.

the thing that urked me the most, was that julie was working on her education masters degree, and i just could not believe how disconnected she was with the world that she didn't realize how absolutely retarded she was making us look. i somehow feel that her being a mormon added to this behavior

YAY

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2011 02:29 PM

I had a boss like that, hated that woman

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 02:51 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 02:55 PM

That sound like the worst thing ever, short of her pulling a gun on you.

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 03:39 PM

oh, part of our presentation involved talking about robot "commands" and i remember sometimes she would say "commandments" which i thought was hilarious

Esuohlim Aug 2nd, 2011 03:45 PM

GW you should have watched Rushmore for Jason Schwartzmann. He's pretentious and you would identify with that fucker

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 04:00 PM

I've hated that guy for years. You can get a good whiff of that pretentiousness just by looking at him.

Dimnos Aug 2nd, 2011 04:20 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 04:22 PM

I love that montage. Especially Bill Murray walking with the bolt cutters.

Tanuki Aug 2nd, 2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 735009)
I read about this recently - a kid who has allergic reactions to everything is using it to attend school. Beats the "bubble boy" all to hell.

wait what
I want to know more.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 2nd, 2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 735046)
I've hated that guy for years. You can get a good whiff of that pretentiousness just by looking at him.

I think you hate his whole family......meanwhile I love his whole family.

Also, GW should have watched Slackers.

The only movie I don't like with Jason Schwartzman in it is Marie Antoinette

edit: wrong title

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 06:08 PM

Fuck this guy. Fuck him and double fuck him for liking R.A. Salvatore and Keystone Light, fucking nerdy idiot.

non-sequitur

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 06:13 PM

Sweater vest wearing hipster douche.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:39 PM

What do the pickles under our avatars represent?

creeposaurus Aug 2nd, 2011 09:40 PM

When I die and go to hell, Jason Schwartzman is going to be at the entrance to greet me

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 735087)
What do the pickles under our avatars represent?

epeen

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:46 PM

Just post count nonsense?

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:50 PM

rep nonsense. Those scales on the top-right corner of people's posts.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:58 PM

Oh. So, if people don't like you then you get red pickles, but if they do like you then green pickles?

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 10:01 PM

that's how it works or something.

Message boreds suck

Sam Aug 2nd, 2011 10:04 PM

THE NUMBER OF PICKLES YOU HAVE DETERMINE WHO YOUR PARTNER IS IN THE SEASONAL TWO-MAN SACK RACE.

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 10:07 PM

Hey, I'll get in a sack with any of you as long as our pickles don't touch.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 10:08 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 10:21 PM

awww yiss

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 10:21 PM

click on user cp at the top of the page and you can see who gave stuff to you

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 10:30 PM

FUCK YEAH, FATHOM

YOU THE MAN

SAM NEIL

YEAH

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 10:40 PM

I hope I have enough pickles to be Sam's partner.

creeposaurus Aug 2nd, 2011 10:43 PM

Can be cashed in for a bigger pickle

Dixie Aug 2nd, 2011 10:46 PM

i wanna be sam's partner. step off *****.

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2011 10:54 PM

My pickle empire was built on a shaky foundation of Indian buses and penis cakes :(

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 10:55 PM

Sam sent me bourbon once in the mail. That shows his commitment to me.

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 11:02 PM

A man that braves the ATF is a friend to keep forever.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 11:08 PM

He's the kind of guy you want to hop into a potato sack with

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 11:12 PM

if you know what i mean

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 11:18 PM

Pfft. Sam would have to either be with me, MattJack, or HickMan. I doubt any of the rest of you tore it up on XBL as a team. Before dear HickMan joined the military, we had a gay ol' time telling our teammates about Pantera in Halo 3.

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2011 11:19 PM

If your pickle were soaked in kool-aid, what flavor would you pick?

That's totally a Dating Game question in the making.

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 11:21 PM

I'd go for Sharkleberry Fin. I'm not sure how good it would soak in, but it would have a mellow pink color I would hope.

Zhukov Aug 2nd, 2011 11:36 PM

I lost scores of pickles in a wasteful red pickle war against Esuohlim. I'm now trying to build up my reserves for when Pentegarn finally snaps and just votes down everything I say.

Dixie Aug 2nd, 2011 11:40 PM

one day a federal agent will ask one of you why i GIS for pokemon bondage pictures.
and when that day comes, i want you to tell them absolutely nothing.
unless you are a recipient of my home-made birthday cards.

Tadao Aug 2nd, 2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 735124)
My pickle empire was built on a shaky foundation of Indian buses and penis cakes :(

IT'S WHAT WE WANT

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie (Post 735146)
one day a federal agent will ask one of you why i GIS for pokemon bondage pictures.
and when that day comes, i want you to tell them absolutely nothing.
unless you are a recipient of my home-made birthday cards.

I'll pm you my address when I get it.

Esuohlim Aug 3rd, 2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 735143)
I lost scores of pickles in a wasteful red pickle war against Esuohlim.

Don't worry Zhukov, for being the bigger man here I'll make sure to even it back out again

ALSO, I was literally waiting like four days to finally see this post:

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2011 02:45 AM

All this pickle talk makes me think about the gym teacher from high school high.

Chojin Aug 3rd, 2011 03:03 AM

so has GW really disappeared since that guy from lulzsec was apprehended who looked just like him

elx Aug 3rd, 2011 03:11 AM

are we playing a game?!!? this page is so exciting

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2011 03:21 AM

els, I've been worried sick. You've been out all month.

zeldasbiggestfan Aug 3rd, 2011 04:44 AM

I am fucking stupid and under the influence right now andpost shit in the wrong thread.

Esuohlim Aug 3rd, 2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus
A Cate Blanchett movie I love: Hot Fuzz
I had no idea she was in this movie. wtf. Unless imdb is lying to me, I need to watch it again

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2011 05:15 AM

He looks more like 10k than Cate Blanchett.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 05:25 AM

On page 3500 we cure cancer.

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 735203)
are we playing a game?!!? this page is so exciting

I thought you were gone!

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 735050)
wait what
I want to know more.

I'll post a link to the article in the "Science!" thread, when I find it again. :disorganized

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2011 11:09 AM

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2011 11:13 AM

Ruined.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 735228)
He looks more like 10k than Cate Blanchett.

lol

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 735254)
You must have not heard about the sack race. You'll probably be partnered with Womti, Pram, or zdf.

I saw that edit you snuck in there. :rolleyes

creeposaurus Aug 3rd, 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 735131)
Can you please shut the fck up?

NOPE

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735278)
I saw that edit you snuck in there. :rolleyes

Yeah, I was giving you rape prevention advice for each of the characters, but then I remembered who I was talking to and figured you would enjoy it.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 12:54 PM

Because if there is one thing I enjoy, it's a hot dicking from animator Don Carlson from Portland, Oregon.

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeposaurus (Post 735279)
NOPE

This is not the chat thread, if you want to go on and on about hair cuts you are more than welcome to quote him, copy it and past it in chat thread. Or at least try to be entertaining in here.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 01:14 PM

see what I did

creeposaurus Aug 3rd, 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 735284)
This is not the chat thread, if you want to go on and on about hair cuts you are more than welcome to quote him, copy it and past it in chat thread. Or at least try to be entertaining in here.

I am aware it's not a chat thread, but thanks for taking the time to point that out, really. I'm talking about people's haircuts whose pictures were on this thread. I don't know if you've noticed but not everyone cares that this isn't a chat thread.

I don't need to be the least bit entertaining to anyone, that's what you're for :D

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 01:27 PM

He's going to follow you around and give you red pickles all day now. :(

creeposaurus Aug 3rd, 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735298)
He's going to follow you around and give you red pickles all day now. :(

OH NO GUESS ITS TIME TO QUIT THE INTERNET

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 01:39 PM

If you would be so kind, but remember that no one's making you.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 01:44 PM

Don's turned everyone all angry and bitter towards the internet lately. I miss the happier times.

creeposaurus Aug 3rd, 2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735304)
If you would be so kind, but remember that no one's making you.

That was sarcasm by the way. I don't think I want to stop posting. I'm actually happy people take the time to read my posts instead of scrolling past them and ignoring them. I'll sleep easier tonight knowing that somewhere in this world, people find some level of discomfort in the things I post. I made a difference!

creeposaurus Aug 3rd, 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735305)
Don's turned everyone all angry and bitter towards the internet lately. I miss the happier times.

Don't give him that much credit. It's not getting laid and everyone's fake "internet ego"

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Like when aren't here?

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:02 PM

When who isn't here?

ADMIT EDIT FOR PAGEZAK

NEGATIVE REP FOR NOT PAGEZAKKING

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2011 02:15 PM

Glad you pointed that out. Why it's you of course! It's funny because you seem to be under the impression that Don is what makes us not like you. You were never liked from the beginning. I believe it all started when you thought you tried to fit in with the whole zombie thing, then you wanted to be just like RoG. I can't think of one original thing about you. You are even copying Pram's defense style. God dam, even Pram is more original than you. That's pretty sad.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:24 PM

You're calling me Pram? Dang, that's cold.

Zomboid Aug 3rd, 2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Not the internet, you greasy little ass-kisser, just you. Nice avatar, by the way. :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat

I bet Mockery is thinking "Boy, that Nick sure is cool. I should invite him to assist me in my next I-Mockery project! Pickle power!" But that's usually when you violently cum and wake up, right?

Zomboid Aug 3rd, 2011 02:50 PM

No, he's calling you worse than Pram.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:52 PM

Oh. :(

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 735319)
Not the internet, you greasy little ass-kisser, just you. Nice avatar, by the way. :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat :picklehat

I bet Mockery is thinking "Boy, that Nick sure is cool. I should invite him to assist me in my next I-Mockery project! Pickle power!" But that's usually when you violently cum and wake up, right?

I try to be nice and polite to everyone on here. I always try to make sure to comment on article, weeklies, and forum topics, because people work hard on those and I think it's nice to at least try to give them any sort of input back. I love taking part in cool forum projects like the Exquisite Corpses and the Secret Santa exchange. If I'm a suck up just because I don't really find enjoyment in picking fights all the time, then that's cool. I'm just here to pass some time and have some fun.

I'm really not into the whole grudge match thing and having to explain yourself to other people. This is probably why I keep to art and games most of the time. :\

Zomboid Aug 3rd, 2011 03:16 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think that you wouldn't say something to someone like Pram if you ever had anything worth saying. It's just that you don't and never have.

Your pickle obsession is disconcerting.

Edit: And now you're trying to "get back" at people by giving them red pickles. You can't even do that. You're bottom of the chain, see?

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 03:26 PM

Pram was very rude to everyone, so he sort of deserves what ever you guys threw at him. Mocking people because of whatever disability they may have is pretty much the lowest way to insult someone. Go find a post where I have been malicious to anyone other than members who already fucked up big, like Pram or zeldasbiggestfan.

So what if I think Pickleman is cool? I think I-Mockery is a really great site. Are you going to give me grief for also buying the merchandise the guy's have put out as well? I enjoy supporting the sites I like.

edit
Aw shit, can a mod move all of this stupid shit to the chat thread or something? I didn't notice this was the Picture thread. Sorry.

Guitar Woman Aug 3rd, 2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 735200)
so has GW really disappeared since that guy from lulzsec was apprehended who looked just like him

what

Chojin Aug 3rd, 2011 07:42 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 08:06 PM

See, I knew it. :lol

Tadao Aug 3rd, 2011 08:54 PM

GW your mom is hot. :love

Esuohlim Aug 3rd, 2011 09:30 PM

:eek :eek :eek

Grislygus Aug 3rd, 2011 11:06 PM

Okay, did I miss some sort of drama and Nick is trying to irritate us with that sig, or is he just being generous and happily sharing his jerking-off material

It's like a cat dropping a dead animal in your bed as a present

bigtimecow Aug 4th, 2011 09:55 AM

so what should i add to my netflix queue

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2011 10:50 AM

Bronson.

MattJack Aug 4th, 2011 12:08 PM

Big Man Japan (大日本人). It is basically a spoof of the giant super heroes of Japan, told in documentary form. Follows a guy who comes from a family that has been fighting monsters for generations. The main character is more loathed by society than celebrated, unlike his predecessors. Funny stuff. The main character is played by a famous Japanese comedian, Hitoshi Matsumoto.

Think you can watch it online through the netflix site.

King Hadas Aug 4th, 2011 12:13 PM

I've been meaning to watch that.

Netflix has some great Thai martial arts movies. I think they have all three Ong Baks streaming.

Zhukov Aug 4th, 2011 12:44 PM

Yeah my brother saw Big Man Japan and said it was fantastic.

The 2011 Australian Census just got delivered today. I'm thinking I wont put Jedi as religion this year as there are rumors they are fining people this time :/

bigtimecow Aug 4th, 2011 01:00 PM

big man japan added. netflix just had dane cook in my "top 10 picks for adam" :<

Sam Aug 4th, 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 735428)
Yeah my brother saw Big Man Japan and said it was fantastic.

The 2011 Australian Census just got delivered today. I'm thinking I wont put Jedi as religion this year as there are rumors they are fining people this time :/

DO IT, OR YOU AIN'T NO KIND OF MAN.

Zhukov Aug 4th, 2011 01:35 PM

$500 is a lot of money to be fined. I will admit to being slightly worried.

Zomboid Aug 4th, 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 735386)
Okay, did I miss some sort of drama and Nick is trying to irritate us with that sig, or is he just being generous and happily sharing his jerking-off material

He changed it back, but I, for one, will not forget that visual assault.

Zhukov Aug 4th, 2011 01:41 PM

Lest we forget.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 735386)

I hadn't changed my avatar or sig since 2007, I thought I'd try something new and put something silly up. Sorry. :(