I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   WHAT are you reading right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594)

executioneer Aug 4th, 2011 01:01 PM

well it was one of those "donate your books then sell them and give the money to charity" things so i don't even feel that it was a cost at all

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:03 PM

How much would a used dvd of Dune run? Three pennies?

bigtimecow Aug 5th, 2011 09:30 AM

essential man-thing vol. 2

i finished vol 1 in like a weekend, but i've been slacking with vol 2. i fucking love this

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 11:50 AM

How does Man-Thing compare to Swamp-Thing?

bigtimecow Aug 5th, 2011 01:50 PM

i haven't read swamp thing yet either, but i do have the first swamp thing (alan moore)

it seems like swamp thing has a more cohesive story. man-thing has a few arcs, but most issues are contained stories that might involve some familiar characters but don't really connect

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 05:36 PM

People seem to love Alan Moore's ruin on Swamp Thing, but I've never seen more than that old movie. What are the differences between Man-Thing and Swamp-Thing besides companies and rthat whole "hands brning evil" thing?

captain516 Aug 7th, 2011 03:14 PM

I'm gonna start reading Discworld, because even though I hate fantasy.
Wish me luck, guise

k0k0 Aug 7th, 2011 03:58 PM

That's not a reason to start reading Discworld. And although I love the games, I could only get through about 3 books of Discworld. It was kind of awful compared to a lot of the stuff I read. I know there's a point in the books where you can skip to and it'll be good, but I couldn't read until I got to that point.

Esuohlim Aug 7th, 2011 05:12 PM

There's something about Discworld that causes sudden ADD onset and prevents me from paying attention while reading. I keep trying though! I got through Mort without any problems, start with that one.

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2011 09:50 AM

Christ. I can't understand why someone hasn't already read all the Discworld books before the age of 15.

k0k0 Aug 8th, 2011 11:57 AM

Because when I was 15, I was too busy smoking a ton of pot, going to shows, and trying to get girls to have sex with me. I had no time for any books other than what they made me read in school.

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2011 10:38 PM

Well some of us didn't have to try to get girls to have sex with us, because by reading Discworld novels they just flocked into our pants. :picklehat

Esuohlim Aug 8th, 2011 10:50 PM

I never heard of Discworld until only a couple years ago. My ~15-year-old obsession was the Hitchhiker's Guide :\

k0k0 Aug 8th, 2011 10:59 PM

The discworld video games were what my 13 year old self played with my roommate. If we were stuck on a certain part for more than a week, we'd bicycle a mile to blockbuster and read the hint book for it. Then we'd bike back, solve the puzzle, then get stuck again for a week. It was an awesome point and click game, but a lot of the puzzles were tough because the world was too big and nothing guided you.

Pentegarn Aug 17th, 2011 10:24 PM

Just got The Omen Machine, about 100 pages in and it's pretty good so far if you liked the other Goodkind books

Guitar Woman Aug 18th, 2011 01:39 AM

Trainspotting.

It's sort of weird how you start to assimilate the phonetic scottish after a dozen pages or so.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 25th, 2011 10:35 AM

The Complete Far Side.

With Borders going out of business this was finally a good time to get it.

King Hadas Aug 29th, 2011 06:59 PM

I read A Dance with Dragons, I wonder if Martin is gonna be able to finish this series before he keels over. This book cost him six years and his already in his sixties. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Dune.

I've actually been looking for another good Fantasy series, with no luck so far. I tried Thomas Convent's Unbelievable Adventure or whatever that series by Steven Donaldson is called. I've heard people rant and rave about it but I just think it's boring.

Nick Sep 1st, 2011 08:22 PM

HACK/SLASH

kahljorn Sep 2nd, 2011 10:22 PM

reading breakfast of champions by vonneguht

kind of reminds me of slapstick and i didnt really like slapstick ;/

its like he's trying really hard to not try hard

KandiJewl Sep 8th, 2011 10:06 PM

Im reading your post rite now ;D

kahljorn Sep 10th, 2011 03:07 AM

r u a girl

k0k0 Sep 10th, 2011 06:50 AM

Kandi sounds pretty close to womti. My alarm is going off.

God damnit, this is like one of those horror movies when the cat keeps jumping out or it's just the wind.
Or maybe it's like 'The Thing'

kahljorn Sep 10th, 2011 07:02 PM

i hope its a hot girl

Pentegarn Sep 11th, 2011 07:24 AM

Sounds like you are hoping womti is a hot girl