I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

TheCoolinator May 17th, 2010 11:14 AM

Just bought the Myst Masterpiece edition for around $5, it contains Myst ("Remastered", bullshit it looks the same), Riven, and Exile.

I popped Myst in, spend an hour trying to find a trouble shooting solution because it didn't work with the Quicktime I had, and when I finally got it to work I was too tired to figure out all the shit that was going on. So I just turned it off.

Blah.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 17th, 2010 01:13 PM

:lol They added a puzzle to the installation in the remastered version apparently.

bigtimecow May 17th, 2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 685723)
i have resident evil 2 silent hill and dino crisis i reccomend thosse if yo don't already own them

i'm not crazy into horror games but i did love dino crisis as a kid so maybe

as of right now i'm restarting assassin's creed and hopefully gta4 when i get it back

TheCoolinator May 17th, 2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 685935)
:lol They added a puzzle to the installation in the remastered version apparently.

:lol

apparently.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 17th, 2010 03:01 PM

Sometimes when coach goes down in L4D2 he yells "HELP! HELP!" To which I feel obligated to yelling "HERE COME THE BEARS!" into my mic.

Dr. Boogie May 17th, 2010 06:59 PM

3D Dot Game Heroes.

I'm loving this game, in spite of the fact that it's crashed twice on me in the past two days. Made up my own character (from a template) and everything, and now I'm swinging a sword so large that as soon as I hear the "enemy spotted" noise the monsters make, I swing it and kill things I can't even see.

darkvare May 17th, 2010 08:19 PM

i wanna play 3d dot game heroes but i doubt it will be for rent anytime soon and i'm very low on funds

Dr. Boogie May 17th, 2010 08:21 PM

But it's $40! 33% off the regular price for a PS3!

darkvare May 17th, 2010 08:37 PM

on the us here the lowest i've seen it is 53 but if i get back my copy of gta 4 i will sell it to get 3d dot game heroes

Phoenix Gamma May 17th, 2010 10:36 PM

Playing Bit.Trip Runner today. It's probably the best in the series. Really cool graphics, and the music is just great. Plus, there's no game over in this game, so it's a little less frustrating, even though you have to start over if you fuck up. It's basically a rhythm platformer where you need to either jump, kick, slide, or bounce at the right beat.

The second world alone is worth it. So awesome. Everyone with a Wii should try it.

OxBlood May 18th, 2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 686002)
3D Dot Game Heroes.

I'm loving this game, in spite of the fact that it's crashed twice on me in the past two days. Made up my own character (from a template) and everything, and now I'm swinging a sword so large that as soon as I hear the "enemy spotted" noise the monsters make, I swing it and kill things I can't even see.

I´m almost through after 11hrs or so...one more temple and the final dungeon to go...though I think I missed a ton of sidequests...quite a lot of them and many become unsolveable pretty quick. Gotta max my sword though so it´s back to Zombie-killing, guys drop quite a lot of golden coins.

Dr. Boogie May 18th, 2010 04:40 AM

I've been trying to get the "bested ____" trophies for killing the bosses without taking any damage, but that damned centipede is damn near impossible to kill without taking damage.

OxBlood May 18th, 2010 06:38 AM

My personal Nemesis in this game is the stupid Octopus...I hate bosses with too little room to maneuver properly...

So...after today´s job interview I guess I´ll finish Alan Wake...really better than I expected but then again I didn´t wait 5 years for it in hopes it would be the next Max Payne or Undying or whatever but it´s still a very good game with some well placed humor even...

A: The Bright Falls General Store is now my favorite place in the entire world!
B: What´s with the head lamp?
A: What this? It´s like a fucking superpower! I look at these things and they die! Like my own personal flaming eye of Mordor!
B: What?
A: I shouldn´t have said that, man that sounded stupid...
B: Hey, I want a head lamp!
A: Last one man.
B: Bastard!

And I´m not even getting started on the Children of the elder god...

Dimnos May 18th, 2010 10:33 AM

I picked up the 3D Dot Game Heroes last night. This game is awesome. If you own a PS3 you NEED this fucking game. Phenomenally phenomenal.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 18th, 2010 01:30 PM

I finally got to Gran Pulse in FF XIII. Killed some triffids.

Zomboid May 18th, 2010 02:55 PM

REEED DEAD REDEMPTION

DougClayton4231 May 18th, 2010 05:09 PM

Red Dead Redemption reminds me a lot of True Crimes for some reason. Maybe it's because you're a good guy and you can help people randomly. I dunno. It's decent though, I just wish the cover system wasn't so wonky all the damn time. Actually, the controls in general are kind of wonky.

TheCoolinator May 18th, 2010 05:15 PM

The first red dead revolver was crap. GUN was 1000 times better.

Dimnos May 18th, 2010 05:37 PM

Gun was crap. :rolleyes

TheCoolinator May 18th, 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 686201)
Gun was crap. :rolleyes

I beg to differ. :|

Phoenix Gamma May 18th, 2010 06:37 PM

Trauma Team came out for Wii today. It's basically the Trauma Center games, except split between 6 different doctors, so you investigate crime scenes as the forensic chick, or repair bones with drills and shit, or slide an endoscope into people and remove tumors, and diagnose people, plus the usual Trauma Center stuff with the main character.

Zomboid May 18th, 2010 06:40 PM

Gun really was crap. Red Dead Revolver kicked ass.

TheCoolinator May 18th, 2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 686212)
Gun really was crap. Red Dead Revolver kicked ass.

I preferred GUN. Red Dead Revolver graphics were primitive for the time and the enemies took too long to kill.

Fathom Zero May 18th, 2010 09:55 PM

There's a very major style difference between the two games. It's like comparing John Wayne to Clint Eastwood.

Very different, even if you can't see it.

OxBlood May 19th, 2010 05:12 AM

Finished Alan Wake. One or two things could´ve been done better but still, a fun ride, guess I´ll play it again on Nightmare to get the last manuscript pages. Now to finish 3D Dot and then go hunting for an early Red Dead Redemption in the area.

AND I got a job, wheeee.