I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What toy is this? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705850)

Dr. Boogie Jan 31st, 2011 02:08 PM

What toy is this?

A few days ago, I got an email asking if I could identify a specific toy from our Frank and Son collectible show, but I have no idea what it is:

Anyone know the identity of this walking turd-like creature?

Mockery Jan 31st, 2011 05:23 PM

I received that email as well and couldn't place the toy. I know I've seen it before... but maybe that's because it kinda looks like Jeff Goldblum once he was completely transformed into The Fly.

LordSappington Jan 31st, 2011 08:29 PM

It kind of looks like one of the guys from that Japanese Power Ranger show. Toy Joy has a bunch of them; I should be in that area this weekend, so I'll check to see if it's there.

Zhukov Feb 1st, 2011 08:13 AM

I think I saw a Yugoslavian educational film about the dangers of smoking that starred a character that looked remarkably similar to that chap there.

kahljorn Feb 3rd, 2011 01:31 PM

its lord ignacious or whatever from that one xfiles episode

dextire Feb 3rd, 2011 07:29 PM

Wow, I don't know about that one.
It reminds me of a lot of things without actually being any of them. :\

Tadao Feb 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

Herpes Monster

robo_rob Feb 9th, 2011 10:45 AM

That's a Dungeons and Dragons toy. About the time of the D&D action figure line, there was a D&D line of pvc monsters. I think the line was called Advanced Dungeons and Dragons or something like that. I mostly recall because my older brother had that same figure. The holes in his face near his mouth are from pincers that had broken off.

Pentegarn Feb 9th, 2011 10:47 AM

So was it supposed to be an Umber Hulk then?

EDIT: Looks like it is http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons...-/120681565994

dextire Feb 9th, 2011 11:44 AM

Mystery solved! Thanks, robo_rob! :)
I would have never guessed that with picture at that angle (you can't see the red eyes) and without the pincers.

Damn Pentegarn, that was some speedy image finding!
Exact same angle and with no pincers. Good job.

Pentegarn Feb 9th, 2011 12:04 PM

If RoboRob hadn't mentioned Pincers and the D&D line I would have had no clue myself

Dr. Boogie Feb 9th, 2011 12:29 PM

Oh man, I never would have guessed umber hulk. You'd think they wouldn't be so proud of one missing its pincers.

Big ups to Robo_rob for finally getting to the bottom of this mystery. I know of one curious I-Mock fan who will be very grateful to have this information.

Mockery Feb 9th, 2011 03:35 PM

Wow, I even remember that pile of gold with the bones in it, but yeah... never would've guessed this figure. Well done, Robo_rob & Pentegarn!

robo_rob Feb 10th, 2011 01:41 PM

No prob guys. I recall my brother getting it the same day I got Trap-Jaw at a local Kay Bee. Weird how memories work.

Pentegarn Feb 10th, 2011 11:22 PM

You got the better toy IMO

robo_rob Feb 11th, 2011 12:35 PM

I agree.

NatRatBat Feb 11th, 2011 01:18 PM

I had a toy when I was little and I never could figure out what it was from. He was green, like a hunter green, and his hands were suction cups. He had a sucker for a mouth too but squirted water. he had orange bands on his forearms and i think he had a red skull on his chest. I remember him looking kind of scary too. I know it sucks that I cant find a picture but like I said, I'm not sure where he was from of what his name was. I think it was an 80's toy.

It belonged to my older brother but he broke the foot, so he gave it to me.

darkvare Feb 11th, 2011 01:35 PM

i have that same toy lol let me take a picture

darkvare Feb 11th, 2011 02:17 PM

The Leader Feb 11th, 2011 03:34 PM

That's Leech from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

NatRatBat Feb 11th, 2011 05:43 PM

Yeah! That's him!!! Wow, thanks guys! I'm surprised you figured it out with such spotty details, you guys are awesome. Man I didn't know he came with a crossbow, that would have been cool to have.
So he was from He-Man...that's why I didn't recognize him. I was born in 87, and being a girl, I mostly watched My Little Pony, The Gummy Bears, and Tiny Toons.

Thank you again, darkvare and Leader.

Zhukov Feb 12th, 2011 02:37 AM

Shit, I had that dude too, but I didn't know he came with legs!

NatRatBat Feb 12th, 2011 03:00 AM

Seems like the legs on that guy are frequently broken off. Mine was missing a leg too.

The Leader Feb 12th, 2011 12:11 PM

Aren't his legs like any other He-Man figure? He's one of two that I have and I think they both have the rubber band thing going on.

NatRatBat Feb 12th, 2011 12:21 PM

Well to be fair I was missing only the part from the knee down on one side. I'm not sure how that happens.