I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best Game You've Wasted Your Life On? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13329)

Skulhedface Aug 17th, 2004 08:28 PM

Best Game You've Wasted Your Life On?

Some of us have the RPGs we anxiously await only to spend days at a time awake and playing, while others have their fun in multiplayer first-person shoot-em-ups and battle-royale type games.

The real question here is, what is the first game that ever made you lose a lot of sleep? And what games since then have either had you so strangled in anticipation as to keep you awake many nights in a row or made you sit in your high school class doodling the characters all over your Biology books or whatever?

The first game I ever stayed up and played for a protracted period of time was Final Fantasy 3. I distinctly remember having my mom call me in sick for school so I could get through the Floating Continent, heh.

Others... more annoyingly so, was Tetris Attack for SNES. Those stupid Yoshi characters and the blocks haunted my dreams, man..

Todeswalzer Aug 17th, 2004 08:49 PM

TFC
D2
...countless others, but these 2 are the only ones im proud for wasting my life on

hix1122 Aug 17th, 2004 09:16 PM

chrono(?) trigger. Iv finished that game so many times and I still havent seen all the endings.

executioneer Aug 17th, 2004 09:48 PM

civilization
master of magic
master of orion/master of orion 2
diablo 2
any game i rented b/c i wanted to beat it before i had to bring it back

Sethomas Aug 17th, 2004 11:18 PM

Snood.

eggyolk Aug 18th, 2004 12:04 AM

i-mockery.net :(

Guitar Woman Aug 18th, 2004 12:20 AM

Final Fantasy VII or Graal. I stayed up almost a week vowing to kick the living shit out of Sephiroth when he killed Aeris :shocked
Then I stayed up annother week seeing all the crazy shit I could do on Graal. Man that game is fun!

camacazio Aug 18th, 2004 01:09 AM

Tetris Attack took my life, and the life of all my friends. It still takes the lives of my friends, but I'm so sick of it that I hide it when friend's come around looking for their fix.

Best game to get hooked on was either Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night. I'll never be able to relive the first times through.

HickMan Aug 18th, 2004 01:26 AM

Rainbow Six 3 Black arrow already has destroyed a relationship in my life :(

Supafly345 Aug 18th, 2004 01:58 AM

Morrowind

JeefGyle Aug 18th, 2004 03:59 AM

Ultima Online and Diablo 2

Skulhedface Aug 18th, 2004 04:20 AM

To elaborate on something Hickman said:

Has anyone lost a relationship of some sort because of this?

Haha.. my first girlfriend was a victim of Chrono Trigger.

Mad Melvin Aug 18th, 2004 04:38 AM

Fallout 2
UFO: Enemy Unknown aka X-com 1
Monkey Island 2
Deus Ex

Captain Goodtimes Aug 18th, 2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skulhedface

No, that's just sad.

jaz013 Aug 18th, 2004 12:09 PM

Super Mario RPG and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manage to make my life miserable.

Right now I'm happy because even when I've more than 20 games, I only play almost 3 hour at week!!!!!

Skulhedface Aug 18th, 2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Goodtimes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skulhedface

No, that's just sad.

I've gotten better :(

Matt Harty Aug 18th, 2004 06:38 PM

Even hardcore geeks would take girls over games in most cases, who are you people? >:

the_dudefather Aug 20th, 2004 06:32 PM

when i originaly got ocarina of time (rental) overnight, i played for hours and got to the forest temple, then i rented it out for a weekend and completed it. bear in mind this ment very little sleep, and when i had finished, i couldnt sleep for images of ingame antics burned into my eyeballs

HickMan Aug 20th, 2004 06:42 PM

I didn't like her anyway >: I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO CUDDLE WITH FOR A WHILE

Guitar Woman Aug 20th, 2004 06:48 PM

Lol That takes me back... I remember when I got to the shadow temple I didn't wanna go in cuz it was too scary... :chatter

Guitar Woman Aug 20th, 2004 06:54 PM

Oh yeah, and annother game I've wasted my life on is Everquest, Hero's Call for the cell phone. Ugh. My neck and wallet still ache from the weeks I spent playing that game... Now I know why Cellphones are evil >:

rook Aug 20th, 2004 09:21 PM

i played ffxi for a while. it sucked but was totally addictive. finally i had to get away b/c it wasn't winter anymore.

ThisIsWitty Aug 20th, 2004 10:17 PM

Morrowind GOTY for Xbox, and about 2 years before that a game called Aidyn Chronicles: The Last Mage.

I cried myself to sleep one night when I couldn't get the ingame battle engine scenarios out of my head. >:

Mr. Vagiclean Aug 20th, 2004 10:56 PM

Front Mission 3, the game wasn't even that great but i ended up spending around 150 hours on it

and Fallout 2, i am still trying to go through the game with all the possible "classes", don't forget your speech points :(

Methuselah Aug 21st, 2004 01:45 PM

I would have to say EverQuest was the worst one for me. I never spent like 28 hours straight on one game before....sad thing was like 14 when I was playing it so I was so fickle on what class I wanted to play so I only ended up getting to level 36 :( . Other than that game I would have to say that Ultima 7:The Black Gate took a great deal of my life away at a very young age.