I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 2nd, 2010 05:38 PM

Did you pick out a name or just going to wing it?

Kitsa Jan 2nd, 2010 07:15 PM

Gabby, but not after Gabby Gaga or whatever her name was.

Colonel Flagg Jan 2nd, 2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 665937)
actually, I shouldn't say that...it was more of a grandiose, one-time display of total immaturity. I don't really believe the baby to be in danger. If I did, he'd have gotten the so-long-and-fuck-you long ago.

Men are real good at that, though. Mostly with inanimate objects. reference the FAX machine scene from "Office Space". I defy any real man to state they do not identify with Michael in that scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 665956)
Gabby, but not after Gabby Gaga or whatever her name was.

Yes, that was her name. :\ Short for Gabrielle, or will that be the "long version"?

Pentegarn Jan 3rd, 2010 12:55 AM

You should name your kid Nikkinikkitembonosorembooomamoochigammagammagoochi

Kitsa Jan 3rd, 2010 06:19 AM

...naaaah.

Yes, it'll be short for Gabrielle. We's French round these-here parts.

Colonel Flagg Jan 3rd, 2010 09:15 AM

You ferm MAR-SALES?

Chojin Jan 3rd, 2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 665941)
I still believe that with a little patience, the printer could have been limped through a little longer. I was angry about the sudden expense of a new printer, especially with a baby on the way any day now and all the stuff that has to be bought for her.

Dude, they give you printers free with everything these days. I'm pretty sure I got a printer last time I ordered a double quarter pounder meal.

Kitsa Jan 3rd, 2010 11:04 AM

There is a town here in Ohio, Versailles, that they pronounce VUHRR-SAYUHLLES. That drives me fucking insane. There's also a town called Russia that is pronounced "Rooshie".

On the tour of the Campus Martius museum in Marietta, they always tell you the city is named for Marie Antioinette, because apparently Ohio volunteered to take her to keep her from being guillotined or something but the revolutionary government wouldn't turn her over. She sent them a bell as a thank you but got guillotined anyway. At least, that's the story they tell.

Pentegarn Jan 3rd, 2010 11:47 AM

They also pronounce Bellefontaine as Bell-fountain, maybe they took Marie Antioinette's bell and made a fountain out of it?

Kitsa Jan 3rd, 2010 11:49 AM

Around here it sounds more like BAY-uwww-FAWWWN-tunnn.

In other news, I was just reading this on a pregnancy board and this should win some sort of award for ad juxtaposition:


Pentegarn Jan 3rd, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 666069)
Around here it sounds more like BAY-uwww-FAWWWN-tunnn.

In other news, I was just reading this on a pregnancy board and this should win some sort of award for ad juxtaposition:


:lol

RaNkeri Jan 3rd, 2010 03:25 PM

fabulous

MarioRPG Jan 3rd, 2010 05:19 PM

That's beyond creepy.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 3rd, 2010 05:35 PM

MAN PHYSICS

Colonel Flagg Jan 3rd, 2010 08:44 PM

Sounds to me that the OB was a guy, and was looking for some action. ;)

Sam Jan 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM

:lol that's so bullshit when girls go "oh swallow some jizz ew gross I would never do that how yucky" because THEY ALL DO IT >:

Sam Jan 3rd, 2010 09:24 PM

QUIT LYING TO YOURSELVES WOMEN, WE ALL KNOW YOU ENJOY THE JIZZ

Sam Jan 3rd, 2010 09:26 PM


Colonel Flagg Jan 4th, 2010 10:59 AM

Happy Birthday Eric.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 4th, 2010 02:00 PM

:HIGHFIVE

I'm not up on the loop for current dance crazes but I guess there is a CRACK DAT SPONGEBOB. Which is just a basic dance step repeated. While standing on your right leg put your leg leg behind it in the air. Repeat with your other leg. Then repeat with the right. Nothing original.

People need to start being original but until then I've made up a new dance called the CHARLES BARKLEY. Where you do the Charleston and then dunk a basketball. Or the RAY CHARLESTON which is the Charleston with your eyes closed and you hit piano keys while crossing over your legs.

In conclusion...people are stupid.

Sam Jan 4th, 2010 02:53 PM

THE RAY CHARLES BARKLEY SHUT UP AND JAM

bigtimecow Jan 4th, 2010 10:11 PM

apsidha98sda8shda

so i'm sorta back in the friend zone i guess? which i don't think i ever left... it's weird. regardless we're really good friends and maybe sometime in the future we can get down

not the "what if" girl, but the... "the" girl i suppose? like i can meet some bitches here and there but this girl will take the cake ten-fold

i'm at work but i'll be back here later to whine more

Sam Jan 4th, 2010 10:16 PM

JUST JIZZ ON HER, IT'S COOL

Sam Jan 4th, 2010 10:16 PM

AND THEN SHUT UP

AND JAM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 5th, 2010 12:15 AM

SHUT UP AND JAM: GAIDEN

RaNkeri Jan 5th, 2010 03:54 AM

:pagebrak

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 5th, 2010 09:48 AM

How's the doctoring going Rankeri?

RaNkeri Jan 5th, 2010 11:31 AM

AOK, brah

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 5th, 2010 12:04 PM

Word

Dimnos Jan 5th, 2010 12:09 PM

Got to open anyone up yet?

RaNkeri Jan 5th, 2010 12:11 PM

not yet but soon


soon

RaNkeri Jan 5th, 2010 12:15 PM

Also, we are going to have a training session with nursing students

Tadao Jan 5th, 2010 12:57 PM

I heard Benny Hill music when I read that.

Dimnos Jan 5th, 2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 666400)
Also, we are going to have a training session with nursing students

Is it training for you to boss them around? Make them do the dirty work kind of deal?

Dr. Boogie Jan 5th, 2010 04:41 PM

The "welcome our newest member" feature on these boards has become my number 1 way to track down spammers. Welcome indeed, "essaywriter101".

Also, I usually just delete spam threads if there aren't that many posts in them, so if you're wondering where one went, it gone.

RaNkeri Jan 5th, 2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 666417)
Is it training for you to boss them around? Make them do the dirty work kind of deal?

I think it's aiming for co-operation, but I'll let you know when I've experienced it.

MarioRPG Jan 5th, 2010 06:14 PM

Hey us nurses aren't just there to be yelled and harassed. ;) Enough of that from patients.

dextire Jan 5th, 2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 666432)
The "welcome our newest member" feature on these boards has become my number 1 way to track down spammers. Welcome indeed, "essaywriter101".

Also, I usually just delete spam threads if there aren't that many posts in them, so if you're wondering where one went, it gone.

Do you guys get a lot of spammers on here? I haven't really noticed any myself.
Although, I just realized today that you guys made me a happy birthday thread a month ago (thank you!), so I guess I don't bounce around the threads much. :)

Pentegarn Jan 5th, 2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 666444)
Do you guys get a lot of spammers on here? I haven't really noticed any myself.
Although, I just realized today that you guys made me a happy birthday thread a month ago (thank you!), so I guess I don't bounce around the threads much. :)

A) Yes, spammers are all over the place sadly (my beloved sports forum is a favorite destination spot for them :( )

B) You should bounce around the threads more

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 5th, 2010 08:04 PM

I've even had personalized spam. One spambot made a link to GRIZZLE DAZZLE which was some decorative spam. Unless it was modded into that....I hope it wasn't :(

Tadao Jan 5th, 2010 08:11 PM

I AGREE!




tadaoproducts.net

Sam Jan 5th, 2010 08:46 PM

I got one and it said "FUCKING HELL, LOOK AT ALL THESE BRASS FITTINGS, YOU IGNORANT FUCKS"

That's pretty personalized. :picklehat

Colonel Flagg Jan 5th, 2010 09:19 PM

I just got a computer virus warning complete with security messages and Windows Logos (official looking shit) that exhorted me to REMOVE THESE THREATS. NOW. Then my Norton software gave me a little popup telling me that an attempt to attack my computer was blocked.

HA HA MOFO'S! U LOOSE! :lol2

Pentegarn Jan 5th, 2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 666452)
I've even had personalized spam. One spambot made a link to GRIZZLE DAZZLE which was some decorative spam. Unless it was modded into that....I hope it wasn't :(

I always forward the personal inbox spam to -RoG-. Let him handle it :lol

Pentegarn Jan 5th, 2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 666463)
I just got a computer virus warning complete with security messages and Windows Logos (official looking shit) that exhorted me to REMOVE THESE THREATS. NOW. Then my Norton software gave me a little popup telling me that an attempt to attack my computer was blocked.

HA HA MOFO'S! U LOOSE! :lol2

As soon as I see that I close that box and run spybot, adaware, and norton.

Shove that up your pipe virus bitches!:loo

Colonel Flagg Jan 6th, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 666465)
As soon as I see that I close that box and run spybot, adaware, and norton.

Shove that up your pipe virus bitches!:loo

:aok

Kitsa Jan 6th, 2010 10:22 AM

Oh, that reminds me.

Saw this on the porch of a nearby house...



...still trying to figure out what the hell it's all about.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 6th, 2010 10:34 AM

Haha, awesome

Pentegarn Jan 6th, 2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 666532)
Oh, that reminds me.

Saw this on the porch of a nearby house...



...still trying to figure out what the hell it's all about.

I would think it was crystal clear. They are trying to tell you that pink toilet is female (though the fact that it is pink should have clued us in)

Kitsa Jan 6th, 2010 10:44 AM

mm-hmm, mm-hmm....and the Christmas tree?

dextire Jan 6th, 2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 666538)
mm-hmm, mm-hmm....and the Christmas tree?

It's pink as well.

RaNkeri Jan 6th, 2010 11:02 AM

They have a baby girl?

Tadao Jan 6th, 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 666538)
mm-hmm, mm-hmm....and the Christmas tree?

They were just trying to spruce it up a bit.

Pentegarn Jan 6th, 2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 666538)
mm-hmm, mm-hmm....and the Christmas tree?

I would call something that small (despite it's pronounced tree shape) a bush, which as we all know a female toilet would have

MarioRPG Jan 6th, 2010 11:22 AM

Why are there so many spammers all of a sudden?

Colonel Flagg Jan 6th, 2010 12:52 PM

Wow. That's some value! 11 times!

Dr. Boogie Jan 6th, 2010 04:44 PM

We've finally reached the event horizon where spambots can counter any "prove you're human" test we give them. Artificial intelligence is a reality.

Otto Jan 6th, 2010 04:56 PM

Spambot is aware.

Dr. Boogie Jan 6th, 2010 06:01 PM

Interesting side note: Publover started off as a spambot for publovers.com, but eventually transformed into a fully-functioning human-like program.

Tadao Jan 6th, 2010 06:12 PM

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT AT ALL

The Leader Jan 6th, 2010 06:14 PM


Chojin Jan 6th, 2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 666560)
We've finally reached the event horizon where spambots can counter any "prove you're human" test we give them. Artificial intelligence is a reality.

Only we don't even have a simple CAPCHA test to register an account ;<

dextire Jan 6th, 2010 07:09 PM

I've been told that most CAPCHA tests are so easy for spambots to crack these days, that they aren't worth using anymore.
Of course, I was told that by lazy IT guys, so you might want to take that into consideration. :)

Tadao Jan 6th, 2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 666570)
Only we don't even have a simple CAPCHA test to register an account ;<

there seems to be one implemented

Chojin Jan 6th, 2010 07:38 PM

o, there didn't used to be

Tadao Jan 6th, 2010 07:39 PM

Boogie said it's been there for a while now. I think he added it today. :/

Otto Jan 6th, 2010 08:10 PM

CHEAP VIAGRA DESIGNER SNEAKERS ABORTION PILLS

Dr. Boogie Jan 6th, 2010 08:22 PM



I asked Rog about a month ago about putting one in, on account of there being so many spambots showing up, but he assured me that what you see there has been in place for a while. But what is time to a man like Rog?

Tadao Jan 6th, 2010 08:28 PM

Dead Milkmen fixed it with an auth code.

http://www.deadmilkmen.com/dmffa/pro...er&agreed=true

you have to click on the link to get taken to a page that tells you what the code is. They used to get spam every hour, but now they get none. Like none ever.

Colonel Flagg Jan 6th, 2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 666565)
Interesting side note: Publover started off as a spambot for publovers.com, but eventually transformed into a fully-functioning human-like program.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Pentegarn Jan 6th, 2010 10:11 PM

It does if you see how Pub picks in March Madness :P

PS: Pub, make sure you enter this years March Madness

Tadao Jan 7th, 2010 02:21 AM

I found this funny.

spoiler due to size

Spoilers!

elx Jan 7th, 2010 07:05 AM

aha, white house is bumping the lost finale :)

Zhukov Jan 7th, 2010 07:05 AM

A mind is simply a collection of matter. Whether it is made from organic or "artificial" matter shouldn't be of any difference to how we treat or accept that mind. Life is an amazing thing.

Chojin Jan 7th, 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 666667)
A mind is simply a collection of matter. Whether it is made from organic or "artificial" matter shouldn't be of any difference to how we treat or accept that mind. Life is an amazing thing.

i don't think we'd have any issue if someone made a robot that would just talk to us and not try to sell us things

Guitar Woman Jan 7th, 2010 04:16 PM

http://disc.420chan.org/nj/

executioneer Jan 7th, 2010 07:59 PM

it's like ELIZA learned how to post on a internet forum

Zhukov Jan 7th, 2010 09:37 PM

Ok. That is a fair argument.

bigtimecow Jan 8th, 2010 02:09 AM

sup niggas. i'm eating leftover fried rice, watching home movies, playing with k'nex :)

elx Jan 8th, 2010 07:44 AM

hey sherlock homo


jerk >:

Kitsa Jan 8th, 2010 08:59 AM

"Stay safe out there, don't fuck any of those sluts."


Chojin Jan 8th, 2010 12:32 PM

so that's how miss lizzy escaped and could find these forums :O

The Leader Jan 8th, 2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 666750)
sup niggas. i'm eating leftover fried rice, watching home movies, playing with k'nex :)

We are the same.

Tadao Jan 8th, 2010 02:26 PM

Chat has had the same title for a year. INSANE

Shrubfest Jan 8th, 2010 02:37 PM

Really? This needs fixing.

RaNkeri Jan 8th, 2010 04:16 PM

VIVA!
BRAVO, BRAVO!
FEUER!!!!

RaNkeri Jan 8th, 2010 04:24 PM

NEIN!!
MEIN PANZERWAGENN!
SCHEISSE SCHEISSE!!!

Kitsa Jan 8th, 2010 08:09 PM

Putting a bunch of red-hots in some hot tea is a good thing.

Forgetting you did it, then slugging down the last inch of tea which has basically become concentrated cinnamon lava, is not as good a thing.

Colonel Flagg Jan 8th, 2010 09:28 PM

It's like you're having a party going on in your mouth ... with fireworks.

Kitsa Jan 8th, 2010 10:54 PM

It's more like drinking a melted cinnamon-scented candle.

executioneer Jan 8th, 2010 11:02 PM

while it's lit!

Zhukov Jan 9th, 2010 05:58 AM

When you apply for a job via email, and you send your CV as an attachment, should you also send your cover letter as an attachment, or just type it in the email?

If you attach it, what should you put in the email? "Hey there, here's my resume:" ???

I haven't applied for a job since the invention of email.

Kitsa Jan 9th, 2010 06:13 AM

I'd do both. Just to be safe.

Usually what I saw with incoming resumes was something along the line of "Please find attached my CV and cover letter", blahblah. Please feel free to contact if any questions, blahblah, looking forward to hearing from you blahblah.

Zhukov Jan 9th, 2010 06:34 AM

Fair enough, I'll attach it. Ta.

Oh, while you are here; how does one address a female manager? Mr. Blah is easy enough, but Mrs. Blah might be an assumption, and Madame seems even worse.

I'm not going to get this job.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 9th, 2010 08:28 AM

Ms. Maybe?

Kitsa Jan 9th, 2010 09:09 AM

yes, Ms. or Ms (depending on where you are) is appropriate.

Sorry was late on the reply.

Pentegarn Jan 9th, 2010 10:12 AM

I usually send it like this:

Hey bitch,

Here's my resume, give me a job

Kitsa Jan 9th, 2010 10:30 AM

In my capacity as personal flunky to the director of a big ER, I saw all sorts of elaborate ass-kissery, and some of it was pretty funny.

The resumes pretty much disappeared into his office. I don't know if he kept them or shredded them or what.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 9th, 2010 10:34 AM

Lol, that'll get you fired on the interview. Totally worth it.

Darryl Jan 9th, 2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 666847)
When you apply for a job via email, and you send your CV as an attachment, should you also send your cover letter as an attachment, or just type it in the email?

If you attach it, what should you put in the email? "Hey there, here's my resume:" ???

I haven't applied for a job since the invention of email.

I was taught that you put everything in the body of the email so the company doesn't have to worry about viruses in your attachments.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.