I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Coulter: "Canada is lucky... to exist on the same conti (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15511)

Emu Dec 15th, 2004 12:07 AM

Coulter: "Canada is lucky... to exist on the same conti

http://mediamatters.org/items/200412010011

What a cunt.

Quote:

On November 30, as President Bush visited Canada to meet with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in an effort to improve the two countries' strained relations, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter and CNN Crossfire co-host Tucker Carlson ridiculed the United States' northern neighbor. On FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes, Coulter said that Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." On CNN's Wolf Blitzer Reports, Carlson stated: "Without the U.S., Canada is essentially Honduras, but colder and much less interesting"; he went on to say that instead of following politics, "the average Canadian is busy dogsledding." And on Crossfire, Carlson referred to the "limpid, flaccid nature of Canadian society."
They even have a video clip on the site. What the fuck is wrong with her?

McMock Dec 15th, 2004 01:07 AM

There there, emu. It'll all blow over when the nuclear cloud blows over and asphyxiates you.

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 15th, 2004 01:11 AM

Oh, that's my Ann! :love

Bobo Adobo Dec 15th, 2004 01:20 AM

Whats with the concervatives beating up on Canada lately? I know Canada's government is more "Liberal". But don't we have enough problems in our own country? What the point of ridiculing a them?

Stabby Dec 15th, 2004 01:21 AM

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

FS Dec 15th, 2004 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
Whats with the concervatives beating up on Canada lately? I know Canada's government is more "Liberal". But don't we have enough problems in our own country? What the point of ridiculing a them?

After the elections, the conservatives can't really rag on the problems of their own country anymore and blame them on the evil liberals, because they're in complete control. Logical course of action is probably to start making fun of nearby countries.

If only Kevin could tame Ann's bile-filled heart.

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 15th, 2004 08:08 AM

I'd love to see some big 'ol lfuzzy headed liberal make Sean Hannity his bitch-boy......and force Ann to give him a blumpkin.....

AChimp Dec 15th, 2004 08:42 AM

It would be fun to see how well the U.S. could operate if we decided to turn off all of your electricity. :)

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 15th, 2004 08:45 AM

I honestly don't understand the Neocons hatred for Canada....I know several Canadians...they're all quite loveable.... :)

mburbank Dec 15th, 2004 09:56 AM

The Neocons know that if they expect to continue ignoring Global warming, they absolutely have to stoke a hatred of Canada.

There is no serious history of a Canada hatred in the USA. If we intend . If we intend to brutally sieze the country when the midwest dustbowl starts and new parts of canada become arable, we need to lay the groundwork now. Hence, statements about how they are 'lucky' for what we 'let them' have, as opposed to them being a sovereign nation and ally. It is nice, though, to see quasi nazis like Coulter coming out of the closet and embracing American imperialsim. It's a nice precurser to conquest.

Hey, lets have a betting pool about how long before we here the phrase 'manifest destiny' unironically reintroduced into the political discussion!

Bobo Adobo Dec 15th, 2004 12:32 PM

"CARLSON: Canada's essentially -- essentially a made-in-Taiwan version of the United States."

:lol

"Doesn't that tell you something about the sort of limpid, flaccid nature of Canadian society, that people with ambition come here? What does that tell you about Canada?" - Carlson

What does it tell you about America, when most rational people or I guess "tree huggin' liberals" have thought of moving to Canada for merely Political reasons?

sspadowsky Dec 15th, 2004 12:45 PM

I wonder if we're about to turn Michael Moore into a prophet? Hasn't anyone seen Canadian Bacon?

Jeanette X Dec 15th, 2004 12:54 PM

Why the Hell are they dissing Canada, of all places?

Of all the countries you could diss, why them? WHY?! WHY?!

I love Canada, its a lovely country with nice people. Go back to diissing the French, at least they are anti-American enough to deserve it.

sspadowsky Dec 15th, 2004 12:56 PM

Well, we must remember that they did inflict Anne Murray and Bryan Adams upon us, not to mention Celine Dion. That alone should be enough to turn Max into a frothing warmonger, hell-bent on Canada's destruction.

Ninjavenom Dec 15th, 2004 02:31 PM

Why would we like Canada? It's cleaner, it's nicer, people don't swear at you for making an honest mistake, and no one fears the black people. What a HORRIBLE PLACE.

El Blanco Dec 15th, 2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
What does it tell you about America, when most rational people or I guess "tree huggin' liberals" have thought of moving to Canada for merely Political reasons?

What does it say about those people who talked all that shit about going to Canada, but apparently don't have the balls to do it?

And I wouldn't classify them as rational.

Oh, and Coulter is a psychotic bitch? Gee, thats a shocker.

mburbank Dec 15th, 2004 04:04 PM

I'm TELLING you, we want what's going to be their vast, open tracts of farm land. When the overall global temperature rises just a few degrees, sea level rises a few feet and the gulf stream shifts course, the middle of Canada is going to be some of the most desireable real estate on the planet!

You can't just suddenly decide on day to invade a country! You need to lay some ground work, spend a olittle time building resentment and fanning it into outright hatred.

kellychaos Dec 15th, 2004 04:11 PM

Max is right. Hate must become institutionalized. We must find (or make up) some un-American trait in Canadians that would make us hate them and imbed it into our society over a couple of generations ... like that they have tails. Americans hate people with tails and it wouldn't be easy to dispel the rumor.

kahljorn Dec 15th, 2004 05:56 PM

Isn't that the chick who had a pie thrown at her?

kahljorn Dec 15th, 2004 06:00 PM

You'd think having a pie thrown at you in front of everyone, then going psycho about it would be some kind of career ender. How to assassinate a political career: Throw a pie! Perhaps banana cream, because honestly, who can resist a banana cream pie, even if it's on some "Men don't like me so i'll act like an asshole and everyone will like me"'s face.

FS Dec 15th, 2004 06:07 PM

I just had this awesome mental image of Ann Coulter getting invited to speak at some conservative youths convention, then when she begins her speech, everyone suddenly pulls out a pie and pelts her.

kellychaos Dec 15th, 2004 06:50 PM

And then, when the melee is at it's apex ... she slips and falls on her ass ... and, as a conservative, she is wearing a skirt ... her tail is revealed. :irony

Perndog Dec 15th, 2004 07:05 PM

Quote:

"limpid, flaccid nature of Canadian society."
:lol

Limpid : clear and bright, as in a limpid pool of water.

This makes sense how?

AChimp Dec 15th, 2004 07:23 PM

He wears a bowtie. That entitles him to speak out of his ass. :rolleyes

Burger Lord Dec 15th, 2004 07:27 PM

heh, Like it's really so hard to breed hatred in this country. Everyone now believes Sadam was one of the sept. 11 masterminds and the world is ten times safer.