I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 10:11 AM

Im on my 2nd play through on Dragon Age. Just went to the mage tower and and killed Wynn right off the bat. :lol To hell with that old bag.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 11:17 AM

I did that too on my second playthrough. I've also been telling Alistair to fuck off every chance I get.

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 11:37 AM

Im trying not to use Alistair this time around. Although he makes one hell of a tank so its kind of hard. Sten just cant take as much punishment. :\

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 12:03 PM

The first time through, I was the tank of the group, so it wasn't a problem, but I still ended up using Alistair in some parts. My group was usually Alistair, Morrigan, and Dog. Shale is also a reeeeeally good tank and I used it a lot during the first playthrough and that's continuing into the second.

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 12:16 PM

Please tell me the dog gets better. I didnt use him last time but Im trying to now. He doesnt seam to do much good other than his AOE stun.

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 02:55 PM

i used alistair + dog + morrigan until i got wynne, because fuck not having a healer and fuck listening to someone bitch about every decision i make

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 02:58 PM

Who was bitching? I think you can tell Morrigan to STFU and you can "harden" Alistair so he doesnt cry about doing evil things.

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 03:10 PM

well i don't do evil things so it was just morrigan

THIS IS, IN MY OPINION, THE MAIN ADVANTAGE OF THE DOG: IT NEVER SAYS SHIT

also: fuck romance subplots

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 03:16 PM

YOU DONT DO EVIL?! :hypno

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 03:16 PM

not on the first run, anyways

Babs Jan 19th, 2010 07:21 PM

Recently pulled the Dreamcast out of the wood works and couldn't be happier doing so. Nothing better than making a dozen or so self bootable Dreamcast games.

Currently playing Skies of Arcadia.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 08:08 PM

I liked the dog, but that might be partially because with the Human Noble origin, he's your first ally, so I'd been leveling him from the start and I learned to use him pretty well.

I'll just train Morrigan with some healing shit this go around.

darkvare Jan 19th, 2010 09:22 PM

damn i already finished dead space is really short :/

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2010 10:32 PM

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2000 AWWWW YEAH

LordSappington Jan 19th, 2010 11:56 PM

I only have the Swamp Fever chapter to beat before I have all the achievements for L4D2. I play through all the levels no problem; I only used maybe two medkits. So, I get to the plantation house, and hold up pretty damn well for a while.
Then, out of nowhere, another Tank comes in, beats the fuck out of me, and dies. So I figure I'll heal while I have a chance. Right about when I'm halfway through, all at once, a Smoker drags Rochelle across the field, a Charger takes Coach across to the other side, Nick outright got killed somehow, and I'm just running for the boat for my last bit of hope.
Then, I got flanked by three Tanks. THREE. I didn't even know the game could DO that.
Fuck you, Valve. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 20th, 2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 668491)
I only have the Swamp Fever chapter to beat before I have all the achievements for L4D2. I play through all the levels no problem; I only used maybe two medkits. So, I get to the plantation house, and hold up pretty damn well for a while.
Then, out of nowhere, another Tank comes in, beats the fuck out of me, and dies. So I figure I'll heal while I have a chance. Right about when I'm halfway through, all at once, a Smoker drags Rochelle across the field, a Charger takes Coach across to the other side, Nick outright got killed somehow, and I'm just running for the boat for my last bit of hope.
Then, I got flanked by three Tanks. THREE. I didn't even know the game could DO that.

Yeah, just in that finale the Tri-Fecta Tank totally takes your top off. By top I mean your head.

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 668491)

I still havent even opened my L4D2. Damn you Dragon Age. :(

dextire Jan 20th, 2010 03:20 PM

The problem of having too many good games is a great problem to have. :)

bigtimecow Jan 20th, 2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 668483)
damn i already finished dead space is really short :/

and really fucking repetative. which is too bad, because the controls for that game are great and the atmosphere is perfect for a horror game

Fathom Zero Jan 20th, 2010 05:12 PM

I don't agree. Nor do I believe it was too long.

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2010 05:23 PM

I think it, Dead Space, should have been more "open world". Instead of the "Here is a section of the space station you can explore for now and these are the objectives for this section.". If the game had just dropped you off and then killed off most of your team, like it did, then just left you to hopefully find your girl friend or wife or whatever she was and a way off, it would have been much better IMO. Kind of like a 3rd person Metroid.

darkvare Jan 20th, 2010 08:34 PM

the last boss was a joke all i had to do was crab walking and he didn't even touched me, ah well i'm gonna make a trophy run for the trophies i missed

after i finish god of war 2 in titan mode and soul reaver and resident evil 2 :P

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 20th, 2010 08:56 PM

HHUUUNNNKKKK

LordSappington Jan 20th, 2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 668634)
I think it, Dead Space, should have been more "open world". Instead of the "Here is a section of the space station you can explore for now and these are the objectives for this section.". If the game had just dropped you off and then killed off most of your team, like it did, then just left you to hopefully find your girl friend or wife or whatever she was and a way off, it would have been much better IMO. Kind of like a 3rd person Metroid.

From what I understand, Dead Space 2 is going to be a lot more like that. I'm going nuts in anticipation; Dead Space is easily my favorite game.

liquidstatik Jan 21st, 2010 12:34 AM