I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

LordSappington Aug 11th, 2011 04:47 PM

I got an interview as a lifeguard tomorrow! Includes a swim test! Oh god I'm going to bomb it!
As in, I have to swim 300 yards, which I can do, I think, but not exactly with... form.
Fuck, whatever; if I bomb it, then so be it

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeposaurus (Post 737251)
And you're walking around on it? You must have a high tolerance for pain

Yep, my life is one big cavalcade of pain and I can't be arsed about it anymore. Basically. :lol

Which is a good thing because opiates make me want to puke, and if I say I'm in pain they just want to shove me full of them.

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 737262)
I got an interview as a lifeguard tomorrow! Includes a swim test! Oh god I'm going to bomb it!
As in, I have to swim 300 yards, which I can do, I think, but not exactly with... form.
Fuck, whatever; if I bomb it, then so be it

Good luck. Fuck form, get 'er done.

Rongi Aug 11th, 2011 05:33 PM

I'm making roast pork ribs tonight :hat

LordSappington Aug 11th, 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 737278)
Good luck. Fuck form, get 'er done.

Thanks! I figure if they tell me I need to swim in a breast stroke or something, I'll tell them something along the lines of "I CAN'T DO ANY OF YOUR FANCY SWIMMINGS, BUT BY GOD I WILL TEACH THOSE CHILDREN NOT TO FEAR DEATH, BUT TO FEAR ME HAVING TO GO GET THEM!''

Fathom Zero Aug 11th, 2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi (Post 737280)
I'm making roast pork ribs tonight :hat

I'm jealous. I want you to know that.

Rongi Aug 11th, 2011 05:48 PM

GOOD

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 737283)
Thanks! I figure if they tell me I need to swim in a breast stroke or something, I'll tell them something along the lines of "I CAN'T DO ANY OF YOUR FANCY SWIMMINGS, BUT BY GOD I WILL TEACH THOSE CHILDREN NOT TO FEAR DEATH, BUT TO FEAR ME HAVING TO GO GET THEM!''

When all else fails, do a crawl.

Rongi Aug 11th, 2011 06:13 PM

It's so hard being fat and laying around all day

k0k0 Aug 11th, 2011 08:32 PM

Just answered the doorbell to like 12 highschool girls in my yard. They said "You've been flamingoed" and apparently they put 5 flamingos in my lawn and said that they're from Anderson Highschool Color Guard or something and I have to pay them to get the flamingos out of my yard. I told them to just leave them. They said that the flamingos would eat my house and I told them to screw off. Man I hate fundraising little brats. None of them looked 18 or I may have put on the charm.

Chojin Aug 11th, 2011 08:53 PM

k0k0 Aug 11th, 2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 737285)
Fluorescent light hurts my eyes, should I wear sunglasses indoors?

I remember back when I worked at Dell computers they went from natural light to fluorescent. I think it was to keep people more alert, but it bothered my eyes so much that I wore glasses. If it's at your work, you'll probably get a lot of people bothering you about it, maybe even your boss. Just get a doctor's note if they do that. Tell your doctor that the lights are giving you migraines or something.

Fathom Zero Aug 11th, 2011 09:05 PM

I was thinking something like http://www.gunnars.com/ as well, I don't even care if it makes me look like a massive faggot. Yellow-tinted glasses would be amazing.

Tadao Aug 11th, 2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 737232)
TADAO I THOUGHT YOU STILL WERE A MOD DID I MISS SOMETHING

Yeah, I wasn't serious enough for Philo. :rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 737240)
SOUNDS LIKE TADAO WANTS US TO BLAST HIM WITH OUR CANNONS ALL OVER AGAIN.

PS - We couldn't do a new poster awards now BECAUSE SO MANY OF YOU NEW PEOPLE ARE FUCKING TERRIBLE (or just hang out in article comments and are terrible there).

QUIT TRYING TO GAY RAPE ME :(

And yeah, I would give KoKo props but he seems to be phoning it in lately. Don't be wacky, just be you nigga.

Tadao Aug 11th, 2011 09:18 PM

also yeah Kitsa, I was being serious.

Sam Aug 11th, 2011 09:36 PM

TADAO, YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 737277)
Yep, my life is one big cavalcade of pain and I can't be arsed about it anymore. Basically. :lol

Which is a good thing because opiates make me want to puke, and if I say I'm in pain they just want to shove me full of them.

You go girl! :gentlehighfive

I had an issue with my knees - basically f***ing them up horribly while on vacation - to the point that I thought I was in for a surgical solution. I went in desperation to the chiropractor, who really didn't want to touch them at all, for fear of making things worse. I persuaded him to throw caution to the wind, and he adjusted only one knee (the worst one) and agreed to see me in two days. Long story short, the swelling is down, I'm doing knee-bends for strength and I can give the formal F-U to the surgical solution. Woot.

Pain is my friend. :)

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 737283)

Now that's a morale poster for swim lessons.

k0k0 Aug 11th, 2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 737319)
I was thinking something like http://www.gunnars.com/ as well, I don't even care if it makes me look like a massive faggot. Yellow-tinted glasses would be amazing.

Those actually look pretty good. I may get some if I ever go back into the corporate world. I expected them to look stupid, but as long as they help the eyes against the fluorescent bastards, it doesn't matter how they look really.

LordSappington Aug 12th, 2011 04:09 AM

So help me, I will rescue the little shits, visit them in the hospital until they're back in peak health, then beat them within an inch of their lives all over again just to teach them to never interrupt my reading again

Rongi Aug 12th, 2011 04:12 AM

pictures for sad children rules

Grislygus Aug 12th, 2011 04:26 AM

Why the hell would I totally fuck bjork, my brain is, was, and forever will be telling me she's ugly as shit. I'm confused right now.

LordSappington Aug 12th, 2011 12:12 PM

Well, time to go make an ass of myself. Wish me luck.

k0k0 Aug 12th, 2011 12:34 PM

Wait, isn't it a bit late in the summer to be a lifeguard? At least around here, pools start closing at the end of this month. Oh well, good luck.

Tadao Aug 12th, 2011 01:19 PM

Creepasaurus thinks her pickles count. :lol What an idiot.