I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2010 05:47 PM

And you bet 'em from the knife store, yeh. That's the helmet from Ghosts n' Goblins, (and Maximo, I think).

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2010 05:49 PM

Did that last night, just not on my game. I just gave katey her first zombrex on my file.

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2010 10:40 PM

Starcraft II has been fucking up for my brother and I for the past week and a half; wont let us go online or get achievments. Plus it took me about a day to download the patch, as that kept stopping and starting of it's pwn free will too. I guess it's just for the Asia Pacific region or something :(

So in the meantime I've finished Halo Reach, and it isn't as bad as I first thought. The missions where you drive vehicles are definitely the best and most entertaining.

Now I'm off to buy Civ V or Dead Rising 2.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2010 02:29 AM

Beat Dodonpachi Resurrection on Hard without continues. I was in the zone today. I'm just shy of being in the top thousand worldwide, but I'm still in the top 17%.

OxBlood Oct 1st, 2010 05:08 AM

Oh come on, why didn´t I notice Minecraft earlier? It´s so much fun and well worth the ten bucks...sadly, it doesn´t really run on my crappy computers (Netbook, 5 y/o Laptop, fucking weakling of a work-PC) but still...a lot of fun. Needs more crafting though but hey, it´s still in Alpha.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 1st, 2010 02:30 PM

NEW TF2 UPDATE :rock

Love the new spy set. The pistol's a little...eh, but the set as a whole is so much fun. No one ever hears the quieter decloak when you've got it equipped. And the new knife is so clutch. Also Aladdin and Austin Powers jokes :)

The Powerbox or whatever is pretty great too. And, oh man, I need to play Scout more. The Fish is just too hilarious. Even the physics for it. Everyone just cheers you on when you string some fish combos together. Wasn't keen on his new primary weapon at first, but then someone pointed out it's a smaller spread, then I started loving it. The milk's just okay though.

Good stuff all around, though. Glad the new weapons are easy to craft, and the option to pay a few bucks for stuff instead of waiting for a random drop is nice. Valve's updates are worth a few bones here and there.

I laughed when my Sandvich became a Vintage Sandvich now. Deli meat ages like a fine wine :lol

Dr. Boogie Oct 1st, 2010 07:57 PM

I've been trying to get through my huge backlog of unplayed PS2 games.

Just finished Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. It's weird to think that this game came out only a week earlier than Dark Alliance 2, both made with the same engine, and yet DA2 was so great and this one is such a turd.

Every great stylistic element of the franchise is absent from the game, range combat consists of you and the other guy standing and shooting at each other until one of you falls over, there's virtually no difference between the different characters, and they took established characters and tried to change the canon storyline in a shitty way. But hey, at least we have Slipknot doing the soundtrack!

Oh, and they copy and pasted the ending of Resident Evil 2.

DougClayton4231 Oct 1st, 2010 10:29 PM

lol, I never got to play that Fallout.

I haven't had any time to play anything this week.

I just tried out Enslaved and I'm really enjoying it. The story and the acting are very good. The gameplay is pretty great as well, it's like a Prince Of Persia game with elements from different genres put in. I can't wait to play more of it, but my 360 is freaking the fuck out and freezing lately. I've got to open it up and clean it again :(

Guitar Woman Oct 2nd, 2010 07:34 AM

Holy fuck, this TF2 update is godlike. I was worried putting in a bunch of new shit would throw the game out of whack, but everything they added is really fucking cool and well-balanced

My favorite part is definitely the new Spy knife, which sits somewhere between "extremely awesome" and "the most overpowered shit of all time" when used defensively. I always pair it with the Cloak and Dagger so that I can slink around and catch pushes without having to hop between ammo boxes and chance losing my cloak and being undisguised out in the open.

I like the new Sniper rifle, too, although I kinda wish it caused bleedout or burning instead of Jarate, since anyone who isn't killed by the initial shot is usually too far away from me or my team to be in danger. I could see creative Snipers combining this with the SMG for retarded damage. Also, The Danger Shield is fantastic with the Huntsman.

The only thing I'm not too keen about are the full-outfit buffs, especially since you have to have the hat to get them and that's basically Valve charging people for an in-game advantage like they said they wouldn't do. Although, they all do generally have downsides, with the exception of the Solder's and the Scout's

I hope Valve focuses on maps for the next major update. I wanna see more open-ended CP maps like Gravelpit, Junction, and Steel.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 2nd, 2010 10:47 AM

I need to get a Nintendo 3DS now for Megaman Legends 3.

darkvare Oct 2nd, 2010 01:32 PM

i got a 7 hour trial for starcraft 2 but i refuse to play cause i know i will get hooked :\

DougClayton4231 Oct 2nd, 2010 09:36 PM

The new Castlevania and Enslaved are both pretty awesome. If you have to pick one to buy now, get Castlevania. It's like 20 hours long (on 2 discs), the combat is pretty sweet, and the graphics are amazing. Enslaved is amazing too, but I don't think that it's as long of a game for $60.

OxBlood Oct 3rd, 2010 10:19 AM

I´m looking forward to Castlevania next week. I know, it´s basically God of war and blahblah. I don´t care and I though God of war 3 was pretty weak and not that much fun. I prefer the darker Castlevania-Setting.

And the Tower of Ox is growing and growing in Minecraft though now there´s a mountain in the way that I´ll either integrate into the tower or get rid of, don´t know yet. First order of business is to carve a temple out of the hill on the other side of the tower...already took me two hours but the basic shape is beginning to take form and the interior is finished too. I do want more gates and doors though since there´s only one tiny door design, you can´t use that for a fucking temple, I need a portal or gate of some kind to keep the stupid animals from wandering into that place of wicked prayer and sacrifice...hm..sacrifice...okay, maybe I´ll let those pigs and cows wander in who knows.

DougClayton4231 Oct 3rd, 2010 10:45 AM

It's not like God of War at all. The combat is much more fluid, the art design is amazing (reminds me of Super Castlevania IV), the protagonist isn't a douchebag, there's actual variation and skill to the combat, and you don't bang a bunch of chicks either. Overall it's a game made for Castlevania fans, not sex and violence starved adolescents.

executioneer Oct 3rd, 2010 11:03 AM

finally got all the DLC for fallout 3 (ITS HALF OFF NOW), spent all night finishing every achievement.

now to kill every named npc that is possible to kill

Phoenix Gamma Oct 3rd, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 699775)
the protagonist isn't a douchebag...and you don't bang a bunch of chicks either.

HOW CAN I RELATE TO THIS CHARACTER THEN? >:

OxBlood Oct 3rd, 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 699775)
It's not like God of War at all. The combat is much more fluid, the art design is amazing (reminds me of Super Castlevania IV), the protagonist isn't a douchebag, there's actual variation and skill to the combat, and you don't bang a bunch of chicks either. Overall it's a game made for Castlevania fans, not sex and violence starved adolescents.

Sounds good to me. Played the demo again just now and I think I liked it better this time around. Now, I am a Castlevania fan but more of the Sotn-Era games, not of the classics, though they DO have the best music in the industry.

My only fear is that it might be a bit like Darksiders which was pretty good but leaned on the puzzles too much for what it was. You entered a dungeon, you were faced with the local mechanism for the level and then you stumbeld about for 20mins to find levers, parts or whatnot and when you finally got what you needed, you had already forgotten why you set out to find all that stuff in the first place. Never finished it because of that...that and there was a lot of useless running around. Like a Zelda that went wrong.

Concerning Castlevania vs. God of war 3.
Honestly, I kinda lost my respect for the Gow3-Guys when they first showed Kratos ripping Heliosī head off. I mean...really? Is it really necessary that we sit a meter away from that stuff happening there? And...apart from that needless violence (which was really just there for the sake of being totally violent)...it really wasnīt a very good game gameplaywise I mean. Their only trick is to make enemies a 100 meters tall, thatīs it. Thereīs no plot, thereīs no character to anything in there.

Kratos is just a very angry and even more stupid man that wonīt listen to anything someone says and goes about killing everything in sight because he feels like it, thatīs Kratosī character in the third and he hasnīt evolved one bit since the first game...he would slaughter a fucking town because someone forgot to give him his change in a drugstore.

Oh, question for you Doug, there is holy water in the game as a subweapon, right? Itīs my favorite :) Which is kinda ironic, me not having anything to do with the guys that make that stuff :lol

DougClayton4231 Oct 3rd, 2010 05:26 PM

The game is very open ended. You are put on a clear path (with no camera controls) with diversions on the sides to explore (purely for optional upgrades). The game also encourages you to go back to old levels and look for more shit with your new upgrades. The holy water is a side arm as well (and it's totally killer, light magic ftw :P ).

I've never seen what people liked about the GOW games. The third one had good graphics, that's about all I can think of. None of the characters were likable in the least, the combat was bland (and there was way too much of it), and no one likes mashing buttons to open doors or restore health. It wasn't hard either, I liked the difficulty in Ninja Gaiden 2 a lot more. I still can't believe I beat that piece of shit on Warrior.

King Hadas Oct 3rd, 2010 05:41 PM

I felt the same way about God of War 3 as Oxblood. I could forgive the story (I did with 2) but the gameplay was weak; no sense of challenge. Half way through I wondered if I should of played it first on hard mode. And Kratos being a mean, cold-hearted bastard was fine in the first game, it was a surprise, but now it's just predictable and tends to piss me off. It'd be nice to be able to spare some people.

Spoilers!

Phoenix Gamma Oct 4th, 2010 08:18 PM

Etrian Odyssey III. Way better than the first two. Still hard as balls, but the new classes make it a little easier; even your spot healer can deal heavy damage (the Monk) and isn't a weak piece of shit you need to defend. The Prince is another favorite cause he basically just has to be alive and he'll be healing your party a thousand different ways at once. Is he a full health? Everyone gets HP. Did he just use a buff on someone? They get HP. Did he survive the battle? HP for everybody. Walking? have some HP each step. He's so vital and makes the game actually feasible this time around. I can't wait to star mixing subclasses.

Sailing is also pretty cool. Gets you a lot of money a lot quicker, and some next sidequests.

DougClayton4231 Oct 5th, 2010 08:27 AM

I just defeated the king of the werewolves and I'm moving on to the frozen wasteland of the vampires in Castlevania LOS. Good lord does this game now how to make me smile. The upgrades for combat and exploration are completely awesome but fuck chupacabras!

Zhukov Oct 6th, 2010 11:09 AM

Civ 5 is owning my life. I'm not going to bed this week :\

DougClayton4231 Oct 6th, 2010 08:49 PM

Is Civ 5 good? And will someone who completely sucks at turn based games suck at Civ 5?

MLE Oct 7th, 2010 03:05 AM

I liked it, and I typically don't like turn based games. Make sure you have someone around, at least on AIM or something, who you can ask for help when you can't figure out something dumb.

Zhukov Oct 7th, 2010 04:17 AM

I've loved all the Civ games, Civ I being pretty much one of the only games on my childhood computer, and they have all been better than the last; number 5 is the same.

I think all the changes that they have made are great. They've really made the game more streamlined and easier to manage, but at the same time made it deeper and more fulfilling, strangely enough.

The Hex based rather than square based was something I was worried about, but it works fine enough, I haven't had any problems. The graphics and design are really nice too.

I had help turned on when I first played it, and I think it did a pretty good job of teaching me the new things (and also the basics of Civ), and that's not even part of the 'tutorials' they have. So I would say it's definitely the best for beginners, too.

I'm playing it now.