I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Martial Arts Lessons (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25746)

CaptainBubba Apr 16th, 2007 01:56 AM

Martial Arts Lessons

hey dudes have nay of you taken kickboxing or shtuff like that? How much in general does it cost per month usually ya think? I am going to be doin some Muay Thai and I need to know this bc I will be livin by my lonesome on a student loan and small job so this is retarded and I should spend it on drugs and food but I want to hit and kick people w/out gettin buttfucked in jail or being judged :(

kahljorn Apr 16th, 2007 02:10 AM

it varies a lot. 50 dollars a month maybe, Muay Thai might be more expensive. I remember paying a monthly fee and a bunch of other fees like for graduated belts and stuff, but that was another type of martial arts.

noob3 Apr 16th, 2007 02:13 AM

ill pucnh you in the cock and you can learn to deflect it over time

$20 a lesson

sound good?

cock punch defence 101?

Supafly345 Apr 17th, 2007 12:09 AM

YMCA is only $30 a month.

DeadKennedys Apr 17th, 2007 02:32 AM

When I was in TKD it was $50 a month I think, and there were testing fees, but it got reduced once I started teaching.

I'm thinking of starting Muay Thai also.

Sacks Apr 20th, 2007 11:13 PM

I spent last summer in Thailand at a Muay Thai camp, and you want to pay some fag to teach you how to twirly twirl around in an air conditioned building every Thursday night? You guys are poons big time!

Lenor Apr 21st, 2007 12:13 AM

I've had 13 years of martial arts, where I go is about $500 a month now, but that is including the money you pay for tournaments and your gear. Since that needs to be replaced a lot.

ArrowX Apr 21st, 2007 12:56 AM

I was in judo for 5 years, I quit going after I got my green belt for no real reason I might go back soon and either work for my browns, and see where that takes me.

MattJack Apr 21st, 2007 06:27 AM

Bubba, it depends on how many days a week you go. Mine was $125 a month for 2 classes a week plus equipment fees (pads, wraps, gloves, etc).

I'd suggest seeing a class before signing up, so you can get an idea if it is going to be a waste of your time or not. I'd stay away from "flashy" stuff personally, as it is pretty fucking stupid and useless in real life scenarios.

With that said, most popular UFC/Cage Fighting martial arts (Brazillian Jui Jitsu, Muay Thai, etc) are pretty intense and are way better in terms of actual real world use than something silly like Karate or Tai Kwon Do.

Just please don't just join so you can be some cool bad ass who has something to prove :(

executioneer Apr 21st, 2007 10:19 AM

jeet kune do, man

Cliff Steele Apr 21st, 2007 10:54 AM

I did Tae Kwon Do for like 5 years. It was 60 a month for 3 classes a week, and it was a little extra for tests. I also took a grappling class once a week at the same place and I think it was 20-30.

Tropical Apr 22nd, 2007 08:49 PM

lenor 500 a month?! that is insane

I learn hapkido i have a red belt and i pay 500 hong kong dollars a month.

Sacks Apr 22nd, 2007 09:27 PM

I looked up some muay thai gym prices after reading through here. One in my area is 1000 bucks a month. Bullshit.

ArrowX Apr 22nd, 2007 09:54 PM

yeah no only hardcores should pay anything more than 90-100 a month.

I don't think I ever replaced my Judo Gi those things are tough, heavy as hell too.

Lenor Apr 23rd, 2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical (Post 488622)
lenor 500 a month?! that is insane

I learn hapkido i have a red belt and i pay 500 hong kong dollars a month.

It also includes tournaments that are out of state/country and I usually have to buy a lot of new gear n my boa has to be polished up every week. :x

But yes its crazy..