I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   House of 1000 Corpses (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2384)

Mockery Apr 8th, 2003 02:06 AM

House of 1000 Corpses

It finally comes out in theatres this Friday (April 11th). Who's going? I'm definitely gonna go, even though I know the DVD release will be superior because you'll be able to see it completely uncut. Still, seeing a good horror flick in the theatres will be nice.

Come watch it... DORKS. :lol

Zomboid Apr 8th, 2003 02:34 AM

I've had it downloaded for about a week now but haven't gotten around to watching it. I hear (from others who have downloaded it) that rob zombie really knows his classic horror movies and it's pretty good though.

And please, anyone planning on bitching about how downloading movies is wrong or something, fuck you. There is no way that movie would make it to my shit hole town until the video and dvd release and I'll more than likely end up renting it then.

FS Apr 8th, 2003 08:14 AM

Be sure to ask your money back if there's less than 1000 corpses.

kellychaos Apr 8th, 2003 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS
Be sure to ask your money back if there's less than 1000 corpses.

I heard that he throws a few bonus corpses in on the DVD version. :)

Ninjavenom Apr 8th, 2003 12:44 PM

I thought it was supposed to be released last halloween? :/

Still wanna see it though, Zombie knows his nerd hobbies.

Zomboid Apr 8th, 2003 06:59 PM

I just watched it and it's really good, but it borrows A LOT from tcm and a few other movies. It's pretty fucked up in comparison to all this new "horror" shit that's being put out, but it's really cool for any horror fan to see something like this these days.

Overall it's damn good >:

Anonymous Apr 8th, 2003 08:31 PM

The movie looks fantastic...I hope to see it on its debut

starz Apr 8th, 2003 09:13 PM

im d/ling it now :/

Captain Robo Apr 8th, 2003 10:19 PM

Anything is better than "Axe 'em" :rolleyes

Zomboid Apr 9th, 2003 12:15 AM

Yeah, that's a great way to use something that's been featured on the site to make you look knowledgeable. Now quit ruining this section like you and everyone like you have ruined general blabber.

Btw, bill moseley kicks ass once again :worship

Protoclown Apr 9th, 2003 12:55 AM

Roger, I'll come along with you guys Friday night if you're going to go then.

Zbu Manowar Apr 9th, 2003 01:52 AM

Where is the movie debuting? I'm tempted to go see it if it's near my hometown...fucking limited releases. :(

Mockery Apr 9th, 2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown
Roger, I'll come along with you guys Friday night if you're going to go then.

Not sure when we're going, we normally catch matinee movies. Ticket prices are already a rip-off, so we try to save on 'em when we can. We might go Saturday during the day though instead if the weather is too shitty on Friday.

Anonymous Apr 9th, 2003 03:07 PM

I wonder what theater in richmond is going to have it though

Mockery Apr 9th, 2003 04:52 PM

The theatre that I don't set ON FIRE >:

UnDeath Apr 9th, 2003 11:58 PM

thats one movie I wanna see, but the only problem is its only showing in 1 goddamn movie theater.....and its across the damn Sound.... ah well, my friend has a van and we're all just gonna pitch in on gas money.....dunno when to see it, tho... with only the one theater in the entire fucking state Im pretty sure its gonna be a bit packed for a few days... >:

The Unseen Apr 10th, 2003 06:47 AM

This movie is :wank

Cap'n Crunch Apr 11th, 2003 04:19 PM

I heard him talking about that movie for about 6 years. I think he paid it with his own money. That is probably why it took so long to come out.

Zomboid Apr 11th, 2003 05:56 PM

No. It took so long to come out cause every big company was afraid to release it cause they thought it would be rated NC-17 or something so they shopped it around a bit and finally lion's gate (I think) picked it up.

Bitch >:

Mockery Apr 11th, 2003 08:18 PM

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MOVIE

>: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

MY REVIEW:
http://www.i-mockery.com/moviereview...led.asp?ID=622

>: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

Zomboid Apr 11th, 2003 09:36 PM

I STILL SAY IT WASN'T BAD COMPARED TO MOST NEW HORROR MOVIES (if you ignore all the dumb shit like the sudden flashes of pointless crap, the lack of gore, the horribly obvious ripping off from tcm and...all the other stuff :( ).

I watched it again recently and I wasn't nearly as impressed, and I think that's cause I haven't seen tcm in a while so I was happy to see something similar to it the first time I watched :/

But you've gotta admit, bill moseley still rules >:

wreckreation Apr 11th, 2003 11:14 PM

so is it worth seeing?????

i love zombie's music videos and i love horror. is it worth it?

Mockery Apr 11th, 2003 11:21 PM

Yes Wreck, in fact, buy 5 tickets in advance so you can see every showing of it for one entire day. You won't regret it. Seriously. :|

wreckreation Apr 11th, 2003 11:29 PM

OK :)

Geggy Apr 12th, 2003 03:36 PM

FUCK! Does it really suck that bad? >: