I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   conspiracy theories you believe (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702801)

doopa Aug 24th, 2009 05:17 AM

conspiracy theories you believe

ok lets have em. Back them up and be specific.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 05:50 AM

I believe every conspiracy about the vatican because they are rich cocksuckers and jerks.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 05:50 AM

like that the vatican is behind the international drug trade :(

Zhukov Aug 24th, 2009 06:43 AM

If only Alienkid were here.

Anyway, it's sort of against the rules for hard cord conspiracy believers to ever have solid proof and be able to back things up, that's why they are theories! And that's why there are so many nutters in the I Want to Believe community.

Personaly I don't realy think people landed on the moon when they said they did. It's more of a pessimistic outlook on life than it is a solid factual stance. They might have, they might not have, but I'm not going to believe it because Buzz Aldrin wont swear on the bible. >:

Another one I am interested in, but not something I believe in, is that Martin Bryant, convicted for the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, was not the actual perpatrator, or that there were two shooters. Bryant was mentaly retarded, but somehow managed to fire off X amount of headshots in X amount of seconds, witnesses put him in two different places at the same time, the police recently ordered a special vehicle to be able to cope with the large amount of corpses, a nurse who was an eye witness and called 000 (911) had their testimony dismissed from court... Anyway, the conspiracy says that the government was behind it so that they would be able to pass draconian gun laws without people making a fuss.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 24th, 2009 10:46 AM

I am also in the group about the moon landing. I feel like they(they being NASA) have been to the moon. Just not when they said originally said they did.

elx Aug 24th, 2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 643615)
Personaly I don't realy think people landed on the moon when they said they did. It's more of a pessimistic outlook on life than it is a solid factual stance. They might have, they might not have, but I'm not going to believe it because Buzz Aldrin wont swear on the bible. >:

apollo 11 was a world-wide effort that millions of people witnessed, not only at the actual launching/landing sites but also on live television courtesy of the austerALIENS, who are equally responsible for the 'missing footage' that the ignorant conspiracy theories revolved around. take the time to learn about it and you'll know better. the most obvious answer to put these stupid claims to rest is that the evidence is still there on the moon. there is nothing there to disturb the site so it will remain intact. the first footprints could easily outlive the human species. go see for yourself. >:

dearest people who believe the hoax stories, please educate yourselves.
http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/Video...e/1st_step.avi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

anyways, i believe that vladimir putin was directly involved in the internal scandals at the federal counter-intelligence offices of russia and was responsible for the assassination of alexander litvineko. most people seem to believe he was murdered by his own side, to set up the russian federation. but that just doesn't add up for me. rationally speaking, the possible chance at the government taking responsibility isn't enough incentive for them to murder their own. even prior to his death he was the most vital person to the opposition of the administration. following lex parsimoniae, the simplest answer is the most reasonable, it was orchestrated by the government.

Zhukov Aug 24th, 2009 11:53 AM

Elx, the only people to have witnessed the landing are the astronauts that were there. Watching it on a screen doesn't count as witnessing it.

10K and I are only concerned about when they landed, not if. Besides, have YOU been to the moon?

elx Aug 24th, 2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 643633)
Elx, the only people to have witnessed the landing are the astronauts that were there. Watching it on a screen doesn't count as witnessing it.

10K and I are only concerned about when they landed, not if. Besides, have YOU been to the moon?

no, but i don't need to witness something directly to understand that it has occurred. this wasn't a cold-war competition or a triumph for americans, it was a world-wide success for the human race. and to humor the conspiracy theory with such little understanding of it is insulting all of those who dedicated their entire existence to it. it also shows me that you're operating on very little knowledge of the subject, because if you knew the impact on the scientific community and understood the role the information collected on that mission has played in the educational advances you wouldn't doubt it for a moment.

if you do educate yourself and still come to the same conclusion please let me know, because honestly, i hold very little esteem in those who truly believe that something of this magnitude and significance did not occur, almost as little respect for those who deny the existence of holocaust.

you have absolutely no basis for assuming that it didn't occur on the date it was said to have, other than that you assume we were not technologically sophisticated enough for it at the time. which is absurd, because the successful use of those machines has lead to the development of the ones we're currently using today! you should also consider all of the other amazing things humans have been able to construct, all of the other advancements in technology, some single-handidly developed and working long before any space-machine designs.

edit: errors :(

Zhukov Aug 24th, 2009 12:31 PM

Ha, well it was cold war competition at it's finest, but yes, still a great leap for mankind. It can be both.

Also, I never explained my assumptions or what they were based on, so where are you getting that I said we weren't technologicaly developed enough? I'm not doubting SCIENCE, I'm doubting 1960s American government. It's 2:30 am and I am not gerared up for a debate anyway :\

Ok, when they send up another mission, and they have live footage, and photos, and the footprints and flag and moon lander are in exactly the same place as they are in the original photos, then I will switch sides. Before that, I wont be sure because I haven't studied either the theories for or those that are against.

elx Aug 24th, 2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 643640)
Ha, well it was cold war competition at it's finest, but yes, still a great leap for mankind. It can be both.

Also, I never explained my assumptions or what they were based on, so where are you getting that I said we weren't technologicaly developed enough? I'm not doubting SCIENCE, I'm doubting 1960s American government. It's 2:30 am and I am not gerared up for a debate anyway :\

Ok, when they send up another mission, and they have live footage, and photos, and the footprints and flag and moon lander are in exactly the same place as they are in the original photos, then I will switch sides. Before that, I wont be sure because I haven't studied either the theories for or those that are against.

again, this was a world-wide effort in which your own government had quite a bit involvement in from start to finish. i understand that it was only funded and popularized as a 'race', but that's not how it was conducted or how it should be remembered.

here's the most recent evidence of the apollo landing sites as they currently stand.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...ollosites.html

Zhukov Aug 24th, 2009 12:57 PM

I don't want you to put so much work into convincing me when it's going to take more than what you are able to provide. That's not an insult, but I need surface photos that match the 60s surface photos. I wouldn't worry yourself, it's hardly important that you change my mind, all the scientific advances are still valid.

It might not have been conducted as a space race by the scientists working on it, but as part of the larger picture, it most certainly was. I don't think the USSR sent NASA much information to help them along to be honest. In fact, I think they kept their cards close to their chest, and vice versa. It's sad that such a fantastic achievment was only brought about to prove superiority over others, but that's how a lot of great advances have happened. Oh well, there will always be more.

2:54 = bed time.

The Leader Aug 24th, 2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 643642)
i understand that it was only funded and popularized as a 'race', but that's not how it was conducted or how it should be remembered.

You stupid or something?

doopa Aug 24th, 2009 01:49 PM

yes I was hoping for moon landing discussion! ELX made me crack up at something that only dr. boogie, proto, rog and max burbank would get.

Vatican- yeah frankly I wouldn't put anything past them
The others are good too.- i love reading these

Keep em coming people.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 01:58 PM

I don't for a second believe the moon landings were fake. There is no evidence of this and there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary. I think a lot of people have a kind of "no smoke without fire" attitude to it which is understandable but when it comes to internet conspiracies there is absolutely smoke without fire.

Ultimately you've got to choose who to trust - NASA with the support of the scientific community or someone on the Internet with the support of the Internet community.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 02:24 PM

God is the biggest conspiracy of them all. :(

Dimnos Aug 24th, 2009 02:45 PM

Coleslaw mafia. :chatter

Wiffles Aug 24th, 2009 05:01 PM

I thought they already proved the moon landings because they photographed all the abandoned stuff they left up there with the hubble space looky thingy. Yeah it was only a few pixels wide, but they definately up there ^^

As for me I think some of our Global Financial institutions are a conspiracy. I cant pinpoint exactly what, but something fishy going on. Always has been

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Bryant was mentaly retarded, but somehow managed to fire off X amount of headshots in X amount of seconds,
Maybe he was one of those SUPER RETARDS who's special skill was cappin heads.

Elx quit being a fish jesus.

Quote:

no, but i don't need to witness something directly to understand that it has occurred. this wasn't a cold-war competition or a triumph for americans, it was a world-wide success for the human race.
You and your fancy sophism, dear word smith.

the only thing you said that was relevant was the "educational advances" but those are easily questioned. They could have made a moon landing afterward. They could have just been making educated guesses.

Those pictures you posted for all I know could be a slice of fucking cheese, and that's the best proof?

Quote:

i understand that it was only funded and popularized as a 'race', but that's not how it was conducted or how it should be remembered.
I know nuclear arms races were funded and popularized as a race, but that's not how it was conducted or how it should be remembered.
:rolleyes

go throw fish elsewhere, elx.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 05:44 PM

I'm actually in the middle of a "movie" called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". Nothing to interesting yet. They talk about the Van Allen Belt, but I haven't read too much on it to decide if it would have killed them or not.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

the only thing you said that was relevant was the "educational advances" but those are easily questioned. They could have made a moon landing afterward. They could have just been making educated guesses.

Those pictures you posted for all I know could be a slice of fucking cheese.
Yeah it's pretty easy to argue for the moon landing being a hoax if you just write off every piece of evidence as being fabricated. Better wait till they can fly us all up there and show us the site for
ourselves. Then we'll know for sure.

Yes they could have gone up afterwards, or guessed - or they could've just fucking landed on the fucking moon. Why not believe something that every astronomer on eath believes in, just because someone made a spooky video full of mis-information and bullshit?

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

yes I was hoping for moon landing discussion! ELX made me crack up at something that only dr. boogie, proto, rog and max burbank would get.

Vatican- yeah frankly I wouldn't put anything past them
The others are good too.- i love reading these

Keep em coming people.
You should read robert anton wilson :(

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah it's pretty easy to argue for the moon landing being a hoax if you just write off every piece of evidence as being fabricated.
That's how conspiracy theories work. Also, if they fabricated the moon landing, wouldn't they fabricate the evidence for it? Plus pictures aren't good evidence, as discussed in the mongolian death worm thread.
the educational advances is the best evidence.

Quote:

Better wait till they can fly us all up there and show us the site for ourselves. Then we'll know for sure.
They could've drugged and hypnotized me to see that man I just don't know

Plus they could've just gone there afterward and planted the shit there.

at least use your brain metal militia :rolleyes

dirtyxblondexdame Aug 24th, 2009 05:48 PM

im starting to believe the moon consipracy theory. i blame Tadao.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 643729)
I'm actually in the middle of a "movie" called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". Nothing to interesting yet. They talk about the Van Allen Belt, but I haven't read too much on it to decide if it would have killed them or not.

Well it wouldn't. Because it didn't.

Quote:

Bad: A big staple of the HBs is the claim that radiation in the van Allen Belts and in deep space would have killed the astronauts in minutes. They interview a Russian cosmonaut involved in the USSR Moon program, who says that they were worried about going in to the unknowns of space, and suspected that radiation would have penetrated the hull of the spacecraft.

Good: Kaysing's exact words in the program are ``Any human being traveling through the van Allen belt would have been rendered either extremely ill or actually killed by the radiation within a short time thereof.''
This is complete and utter nonsense. The van Allen belts are regions above the Earth's surface where the Earth's magnetic field has trapped particles of the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There simply wasn't enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation. For a detailed explanation of all this, my fellow Mad Scientist William Wheaton has a page with the technical data about the doses received by the astronauts. Another excellent page about this, that also gives a history of NASA radiation testing, is from the Biomedical Results of Apollo site. An interesting read!
It was also disingenuous of the program to quote the Russian cosmonaut as well. Of course they were worried about radiation before men had gone into the van Allen belts! But tests done by NASA showed that it was possible to not only survive such a passage, but to not even get harmed much by it. It looks to me like another case of convenient editing by the producers of the program.
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 05:53 PM

HEY NOW! I never stated where I stand on it and never will,

dirtyxblondexdame Aug 24th, 2009 05:54 PM

you made me watch it. your fault.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 643738)
Well it wouldn't. Because it didn't.

Are you sure you aren't American? We can use you to keep the Iraq war going BTW.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Yes they could have gone up afterwards, or guessed - or they could've just fucking landed on the fucking moon. Why not believe something that every astronomer on eath believes in, just because someone made a spooky video full of mis-information and bullshit?
Ad populum :(

I don't care what astronomers believe, because I don't believe in them.
FOR DIXIE

lol i wasnt gonna say this but i will just for fun: Why not believe something that every religious person believes in, god or a higher power, just because a few heathens made some anti-religious pamphlets? :rolleyes Obviously it's true because religious people believe in it, and religious people are qualified authorities in what really happened in the world.

also i bet there's at least one astronomer who thinks that the moon landing was a hoax, who may or may not be a nut.

The Leader Aug 24th, 2009 06:03 PM

Are you thinking of astrologists?

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:10 PM

no. Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't make it true -- or good. And referring to that consensus of belief as some sort of evidence that something happened or didn't happen is what is known as an appeal to the people.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Ad populus
Ditto - if a lot of people believe the moon landing was fake there must be something to it, right?

It's not like the opinions of scientists and astronomers actually carry more weight in this topic over nuts on the internet or anything. And it's not as if they can provide things like photographs of the landing site, or rocks they picked up there or anything like that.

But then again they probably fabricated it all because the New World Order in cooperation with the Jews told them to.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 06:13 PM

So I am to trust the people who recorded over the original video of Apollo 11 because they said they needed to use the tape for something else.

The Leader Aug 24th, 2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 643747)
no. Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't make it true -- or good. And referring to that consensus of belief as some sort of evidence that something happened or didn't happen is what is known as an appeal to the people.

But what is your point, that people shouldn't believe things that other people believe simply because others think it's true?

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Ditto - if a lot of people believe the moon landing was fake there must be something to it, right?
Yes, that's a good, and more relevant, counter-example.

[quote]It's not like the opinions of scientists and astronomers actually carry more weight in this topic over nuts on the internet or anything.[/quote[

They carry more weight as it pertains to the consensus of the scientific community but not more weight as to what actually happened. Reality does not conform to the scientific consensus.

Quote:

And it's not as if they can provide things like photographs of the landing site, or rocks they picked up there or anything like that.
I already talked about this. That one picture looked like sliced cheese. Rocks could've been obtained on a later mission to the moon or FABRICATED. Same with photographs.

haven't you guys learned anything from arguing with geggy?

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 643749)
So I am to trust the people who recorded over the original video of Apollo 11 because they said they needed to use the tape for something else.

Yes because that's not evidence for or against anything. Possibly evidence that NASA didn't have enough tape in the 70s or that they didn't label things very clearly.

What it comes down to is this - if you come at this from the perspective that they were faked and you need to find evidence to support this then you can probably fool yourself into believing it pretty quickly. If you come at it from the perspective that people on the internet are stupid and gay then you can quickly see thought the bullshit to the truth of the matter.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

But what is your point, that people shouldn't believe things that other people believe simply because others think it's true?
Yea, basically. Look up ad populum or appeal to the people on wikipedia.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

What it comes down to is this - if you come at this from the perspective that they were faked and you need to find evidence to support this then you can probably fool yourself into believing it pretty quickly. If you come at it from the perspective that people on the internet are stupid and gay then you can quickly see thought the bullshit to the truth of the matter.
that thought process is probably similar to the way stupid gay people on the internet think.
Hasn't this moon hoax thing been around before the internet?

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 06:26 PM

They stated they erased it because they could not afford to buy more tape because of lack of money. Mans "greatest" achievement was not locked up in a vault? Yeah. Ok buddy.

The Leader Aug 24th, 2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 643753)
Yea, basically. Look up ad populum or appeal to the people on wikipedia.

I didn't word my last post very well. What I meant was, should people not believe something because other people believe it and for no other reason?

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:32 PM

You should neither believe nor disbelieve anything on the basis of another's belief. The point isn't that the opposite of what others believe is true, or that what they believe isn't true, but only that what other people believe is irrelevant.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 06:35 PM

I'm going to tell my doctor that next time he tries to prescribe me anything. Training, knowledge or scientific consensus should never impinge on my belief that I know better.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 06:39 PM

Oh man, I forgot about how evil pharmaceuticals are. Great example.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:39 PM

lol you're the king of irrelevancy.

Training, knowledge or scientific consensus doesn't make something true.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Oh man, I forgot about how evil pharmaceuticals are. Great example.
Seriously, I don't even want to get in to this :( But to say the least, doctors sometimes prescribe something, and it causes an adverse effect/doesn't work. So they change medicine, rinse and repeat. Medicine isn't an exact science. The most exact thing in medicine is anti-biotics, everything else is treating symptoms -- not curing sickness.

IM ALMOST AS IRRELEVANT AS METAL MILITIA IS. I THINK ALL I NEED TO DO TO IMPROVE MY IMPERSONATION OF METAL MILITIA IS TAKE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY AND CAST IT AS ARROGANCE AND JERKEDNESS THEN I WOULD BE FUCKING CANDID MY AVATAR WOULD EVEN HAVE A PICTURE OF A CAT WITH SUNGLASSES.

Metal militia you're great and you remind me of Nietzsche :)

elx Aug 24th, 2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 643751)
I already talked about this. That one picture looked like sliced cheese. Rocks could've been obtained on a later mission to the moon or FABRICATED. Same with photographs.

no. first off, i never said it was 'the best' evidence, i said it was the most recent. the images i posted were collected off of a live feed of an orbiter literally weeks ago. they had been anticipated by scientists around the world and were being monitored closely by a team of people at arizona state university as well as another team in russia. the team was made up of nasa employees as well as graduate students and professors that had zero affiliation with the government. but i'm sure that by your standards it just means they were brainwashed, or something else equally ridiculous.

anyone who believes the apollo landings did not happen is an idiot.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

lol you're the king of irrelevancy.

Training, knowledge or scientific consensus doesn't make something true.
No but as a layman you have to try and come to a conclusion based on your limited knowledge of the subject. You can either listen to what people that "do shit in space" for a living and know what they're talking about. Not to mention can produce solid evidence to back-up their claims... OR you can listen to people that have no qualifications or knowledge in the subject area and cannot produce any evidence that stands up to even the lightest scrutiny.

But I'm not going to continue arguing this with you because I can tell you're not going to change your mind. Though you might want to check out some other conspiracies while you're at it - they have just as shitty evidence discovered by just as credulous sources. Never know what you might learn!

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

no. first off, i never said it was 'the best' evidence, i said it was the most recent.
Oops, I couldn't remember and didn't feel like checking.

Quote:

the images i posted were collected from a live feed of an orbiter literally weeks ago, they had been anticipated by scientists around the world and were being monitored closely by a team of people at arizona state university as well as another team in russia. the team was made up of nasa employees as well as graduate students and professors that had zero affiliation with the government. but i'm sure that by your standards it just means they were brainwashed, or something else equally ridiculous.
it doesn't really mean anything. Remember when I said they could've just planted shit on the moon later? The picture could be real, but it doesn't prove that th eoriginal moon landing which happened 40 years before that did happen.

And look don't blame me because your arguments and evidence are substandard and so easy to criticize.

Anyone who believes anything is an idiot. You believe something. Therefore you are an idiot.

I don't believe anything. Good day.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 07:00 PM

lol I'm such an asshole you know that? Here I want to accuse you of a false dichotomy but lets not go down that road because it might blow your mind...

but lets have some fun huh? Just a little?

Quote:

You can either listen to what people that "do shit in space" for a living and know what they're talking about.
People who do shit in space aren't an authority on what really happened in space. They might be able to tell me the theories as they stand, and evidence, but once they state it as truth they have stepped into opinion land, and their opinion is about as relevant as mine.
Furthermore, these people who do shit "in space" aren't even authorities of what happened with the moon landing. The people with the most creditibility on this subject would be historians of some kind. Probably, no relevant field of history or anthropology exists in order to make a worthy claim on this subject. It almost falls into the realm of non-rationality, which means that there could never been any authority and science should have nothing to do with it.
Obviously you fuck bags don't know anything about real science. Science doesn't care what happened on the moon. Science doesn't care about the "Scientific consensus," or what one scientist thinks in one time period. Science is a dick! A giant fucking DICK. THATS ALL SCIENCE IS.

Quote:

Not to mention can produce solid evidence to back-up their claims.
lol

Anyway now that I've been irrelevant you can suck some cock.

oh yea and i dont believe in the moon landing hoax and you and elx are idiots.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 07:11 PM

Kahl you know that saying things like "false dichotomy" don't make you some kind of genius right? I know exactly what a false dichotomy is and I don't feel like an idiot when I read your responses - I think "hahahah, look at this fucking asshole who thinks he's a fucking genius because he uses not particularly obscure words".

Well woopty fucking do, Kahl - your ad hominem may best be described via Hanlon's Razor. Look at me I'm fucking smart! I know about not-very-obscure things!

I know you'll have some equally fucking nonce-ish response to this, and quite frankly I look forward to it. I could use a laugh.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 07:16 PM

How about World Trade Center Building 7. How the hell did a fire level it. :conspiracy

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 07:20 PM

I didn't use an ad hominem, idiot. An ad hominem isn't an insult, it's when you use somebody's bad character to act as though their argument must therefore be false. it would be like if I said, "he says the moon landing is real, but he's an asshole and a jerk and also insane. So therefore his argument must be bad."

I didn't say knowing what a false dichotomy would make you feel like an idiot. I just thought you might feel like an idiot when you realized your two choices weren't completely extensive.
and actually i didn't even really think you would feel like an idiot.

Quote:

I could use a laugh.
If you weren't so serious you'd already be laughing.

Wiffles Aug 24th, 2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 643775)
How about World Trade Center Building 7. How the hell did a fire level it. :conspiracy

You're right that was pretty weird how it collapsed when it was hundreds of yards away from the epicenter when the buildings closest to the WTC only suffered external damage. o.o

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 07:25 PM

Guys the authorities on this subject have spoken and if you're willign to take the word of a few nutjobs on t he internet then your name must be kahljorna nd your and idiot and that's all there is to it.

Quite frankly as a layman you only have two choices and that's to believe nutjobs on the internet or to believe the authorities in the field who have a 100% consensus as to what happened and if you want to do the first one then you're an idiot and your opinion doesn't matter.

Dimnos Aug 24th, 2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
People who do shit in space aren't an authority on what really happened in space.

Who is an authority on what happens in space?

Quote:

They might be able to tell me the theories as they stand, and evidence, but once they state it as truth they have stepped into opinion land...

If any of it is opinion wouldnt the theories be? I mean once they gather enough evidence wouldnt they then be able to say something is true?

Quote:

...and their opinion is about as relevant as mine.

Dont they have degrees in fields like engineering and and astrophysics? I would think that makes them just a little more relevant?

Quote:

Science doesn't care what happened on the moon. Science doesn't care about the "Scientific consensus," or what one scientist thinks in one time period.

So what DOES science care about? I must know?

Quote:

Science is a dick! A giant fucking DICK. THATS ALL SCIENCE IS.

Does this make religion a vag? A giant fucking VAG?

Quote:

Anyway now that I've been irrelevant...

Say it aint so!

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Who is an authority on what happens in space?
Did you read the restof that paragraph? Not, "What happens in space" but "What happened in space on one particular instance that can't really be measured." Whether or not the moon landing happened isn't really a scientific subject. If there were an authority, it would be some sort of historian or anthropologist but there's not really very many space anthropologists i dont think.
I dunno its a hairy subject. Scientists could provide some evidence but they can't really be an authority. And just because somebody is an authority doesn't make what they say right. it just makes it part of the consensus.

An authority is somebody who has a degree which is relevant to the suggested claim (in this case, its anthropological, not scientific) and who states the consensus. Otherwise they are not an authority. Being an authority is basically just being an authority on consensus.

Quote:

If any of it is opinion wouldnt the theories be? I mean once they gather enough evidence wouldnt they then be able to say something is true?
For the first part, sort of. But theories are sort of accepted as being "maybe true," so when you state a theory you aren't stating fact but something which is accepted as something that might resemble the processes of the universe.
No, science, can never say whether something is "true." Although maybe it can EVENTUALLY because some people think it's cumulative and we can reach a point where we know everything about the universe with certainty. There's differing opinions.

Quote:

Dont they have degrees in fields like engineering and and astrophysics? I would think that makes them just a little more relevant?
Does a guy in engineering have a more relevant opinion on history than me?

Quote:

So what DOES science care about? I must know?
Science doesn't care about anything. EXCEPT FUCKIN THEORIES. AND I MEAN REALLY FUCKIN EM HARD IN THE ASS TILL THEY FOLD. THATS SCIENCE.

Quote:

Does this make religion a vag? A giant fucking VAG?
No, that doesn't make religion a vag.

Quote:

Say it aint so!

Dimnos Aug 24th, 2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Did you read the restof that paragraph? Not, "What happens in space" but "What happened in space on one particular instance that can't really be measured." Whether or not the moon landing happened isn't really a scientific subject. If there were an authority, it would be some sort of historian or anthropologist but there's not really very many space anthropologists i dont think.

But who? Who I ask?!

Quote:

For the first part, sort of. But theories are sort of accepted as being "maybe true," so when you state a theory you aren't stating fact but something which is accepted as something that might resemble the processes of the universe.
No, science, ultimately, can never say whether something is "true."

Gravity is true. "The sun radiates heat" is true. Things can be true!

Quote:

Does a guy in engineering have a more relevant opinion on history than me?

I dont know. Do you have a degree in engineering? If not then I would have to say yes when it pertains to things in the history of engineering. But I could just be guessing?

Quote:

Science doesn't care about anything.

Not even atomic mass? :tear

Quote:

No, that doesn't make religion a vag.

Then what does?

Quote:

:yum

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 643776)
I didn't use an ad hominem, idiot. An ad hominem isn't an insult, it's when you use somebody's bad character to act as though their argument must therefore be false. it would be like if I said, "he says the moon landing is real, but he's an asshole and a jerk and also insane. So therefore his argument must be bad."

Great so you're not only an asshole you're also pedantic. I've checked Wikipedia - the source of all knowledge in the world - and it turns out colloquially ad hominem could be used to describe any personal attack regardless of it's it's used in an argument... as I thought you could. Wow - we're both so smart, look at us with Latin and everything!

You may have some valid points on this subject Kahl but you argue them like such a fucking toss-piece it's very difficult to agree with any of them and ultimately I think you're just trying to piss people off - so why bother?

The Leader Aug 24th, 2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 643797)
ultimately I think you're just trying to piss people off - so why bother?

Duh

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

You may have some valid points on this subject Kahl but you argue them like such a fucking toss-piece it's very difficult to agree with any of them
I'm not stating my opinion, I'm criticizing evidence. Can you not tell the difference? You're not supposed to believe anything I'm saying.

Quote:

I think you're just trying to piss people off - so why bother?
*shrug*

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Gravity is true. "The sun radiates heat" is true. Things can be true!
The way this should be responded to is: The phenomenon of gravity is "true," the theory of gravity is -- uhh i cant think of the word right now -- temporarily acceptable.

Anyway, if you read my post closely you'll notice I never said that things can't be true.

Quote:

I dont know. Do you have a degree in engineering? If not then I would have to say yes when it pertains to things in the history of engineering. But I could just be guessing?
The history of engineering and engineering are different fields. Just like science and the history of science are different fields.

executioneer Aug 24th, 2009 08:27 PM

the moon isn't even real they blew up the moon when they tried to land on it and had to replace it w/ a piece of foam rubber

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:32 PM

and that statemnt is supported by 27 different foam rubber experts.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:36 PM

oops i forgot to respond to this:
Quote:

Great so you're not only an asshole you're also pedantic. I've checked Wikipedia - the source of all knowledge in the world - and it turns out colloquially ad hominem could be used to describe any personal attack regardless of it's it's used in an argument
Idiots abuse words all the time. That's not the proper usage and since I had used the term false dichotomy in its proper context and you were trying to sound equally "smart" in your response, I figured you were responding the way a smart person would but I guess I was totally fooled. Kudos.
also try looking up, "Equivocation."

so which "ad hominem" is it you were talking about, anyway. Personally I think what you said makes no sense if you take it to mean an insult, since the event which you were referring to as an ad hominem was when I tried to sound "Smart" which must mean when I was using the word false dichotomy? There was no insult there except maybe, "Blow your mind." Or was it the crap about how space scientists aren't qualified experts on if the moon landing happened? Either way, they weren't insults or "ad hominems." The only ad homineyish things I even posted didn't even look like they were trying to sound smart.
but i guess im pedantic. I think your usage of ad hominem was kind of ad homineyish like ive done something wrong and my argument is worth ignoring because it's just showoffey.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:52 PM

I think a lot of what nietzsche says makes sense :(

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

oops i forgot to respond to this:
Actually I was trying to sound like an asshole that pulls fancy-sounding words out of my arse so people on the Internet will fully appreciate my brilliance.

It was kind of a lampoon. Pretty high-brow stuff I know, though I thought the rest of the post would've given you a clue.

But thanks for clearing that up. This is quite a fascinating and important exchange which merits every point being covered.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 08:55 PM

Oh well next time you're putting on an act maybe you could dedicate yourself fully and actually try to encompass the character you are trying to portray fully. Like in this instance you could've actually tried to be intelligent.

Quote:

Actually I was trying to sound like an asshole that pulls fancy-sounding words out of my arse so people on the Internet will fully appreciate my brilliance.
When i make a point I don't try to sound fancy. I do my best to make it as simple sounding as possible. The false dichotomy thing wasn't even part of my point. It was more of a qualification in case the subject eventually merited further discussion.

if you were going to see brilliance it should PROBABLY be in the actual arguments but maybe you can only focus on the irrelevant things because you are the king of irrelevancy.

and man I didn't expect you to argue with my so long its something else.

executioneer Aug 24th, 2009 09:11 PM

when i was in my teens i would frequently believe that my whole existence up to that point was a fabrication and that all my memories were false, does that count as a conspiracy theory or is that just mental illness :(

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2009 09:12 PM

Jesus Christ, what the fuck am I doing with my life?

This is the most pointless discussion I've ever had the misfortune to become entangled in. Kahl, I'm just going to block you, okay? And I'd like you to do the same thing to me, okay?

Hopefully that way we'll never find a situation where such a vast quantity of utterly pointless bollocks can accumulate again. Sound good? Wait, I'll never hear the answer so I'll just assume a yes.

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 09:12 PM

lol its just being skeptical :(

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2009 09:13 PM

:lol i actually got blocked

man that's like getting the infinite last word in I GUESS METAL MILITIA WINNNSSS

Dr. Boogie Aug 24th, 2009 11:26 PM

So how about the one where Anti-virus software companies are actually making viruses so they won't run out of a job?

I was reminded of it after seeing that story about the reporter in Brazil accused of orchestrating crimes so he could film them for his show.

Wiffles Aug 24th, 2009 11:53 PM

He basicaly gave you a big "talk to the hand" Kal.

As for conspiracy theories I actually believe in

*WTC 7 Collapse
*JFK Assasination, Was Oswald a patsy or the real asassin? Grassy Knoll sniper?
*Project Jennifer, Did the Submarine k-129 broke in half or was it fully recovered with the nuke warheads?
*Did the nazis really make a moonbase?

ok the last one was made up
As for theories about Lizard people or Illuminati. Theres simply not enough evidence wether they exist and is only mostly speculation.

Tadao Aug 24th, 2009 11:57 PM

The WTC7 thing really bugs me.

Zomboid Aug 25th, 2009 12:01 AM

I don't really believe any conspiracy theories, but I reeeeally enjoy the nazi occult stuff. Even if it's all bullshit, it's cool to read about.

Wiffles Aug 25th, 2009 12:04 AM

Well Himmler was really serious about the occult stuff. They had secret occult rituals deep beneath his lair called Castle Wolfenstein. ^^

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

He basicaly gave you a big "talk to the hand" Kal.
lol yea it was worth it.

the best part was that he actually thought i believed the moon landing was a hoax and was like fighting for his cause all vigilantly and shit.

doopa Aug 25th, 2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 643851)
So how about the one where Anti-virus software companies are actually making viruses so they won't run out of a job?

wow i never heard of that. that's brilliant and believable

doopa Aug 25th, 2009 02:52 AM

:squiglysorry for instigating the fighting guys- kiss and makeup

yeah WTC stuff is very interesting for sure

Goldman Sachs market manipulation- anyone read up on that?

more more more:bestthread

Dr. Boogie Aug 25th, 2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopa (Post 643893)
wow i never heard of that. that's brilliant and believable

Yeah, but everything's believable to you. :posh

Edit:

Big Papa Goat Aug 25th, 2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 643860)
I don't really believe any conspiracy theories, but I reeeeally enjoy the nazi occult stuff. Even if it's all bullshit, it's cool to read about.

I'd believe anything about the nazis being into occult shit. Beyond being really bad guys, they were also German, which means they were crazy.

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 04:21 AM

lol

Quote:

sorry for instigating the fighting guys- kiss and makeup
its fine. i like arguing.

papa goats thread reminded me of this one station... does anybody here ever listen to coast to coast with some douche bag? George nory or somethin i dunno. There's always interesting conspiracy bullshit on there.

Zhukov Aug 25th, 2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

I was reminded of it after seeing that story about the reporter in Brazil accused of orchestrating crimes so he could film them for his show.

I put that one under the larger umbrella of large companies squeezing every last drop of money they can from their dirty rag of morality. They make machinery designed to break after the warranty ends, they could cure aids but prefer to make extremely expensive drugs to combat it instead etc.

Also, how about some Communist Conspiracies?

Insider tip: while not doing it via fluoridated water or assassinations of TV personalities, yes, communists are looking to take over the world.

executioneer Aug 25th, 2009 07:49 AM

hahah you don't say!

MarioRPG Aug 25th, 2009 01:04 PM

There are some conspiracies out there that are just a little too crazy.

Dr. Boogie Aug 25th, 2009 02:00 PM

There's no such thing as "too crazy" in this thread.

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

They make machinery designed to break after the warranty ends
Yea, it does seem like that happens a lot. I always thought it was ridiculous that things break so soon after purchasing them, whereas in the "old days" things would last forever.
But did you know that this was actually an influence on the great depression and on our recovery from it? Because back then you would buy a car and you wouldn't have to buy a car for 20 + years. So what happens when everybody owns a car or a refrigerator and it never breaks forever? Nobody is buying more stuff, unless they're rich, so you get periods of stagnancy in the buying of certain products. So then they had to start having like "Editions" of cars or whatever with new features to entice people into buying them; and eventually they stopped making them last 20 years + so that people would have to buy new cars, and the factories could keep producing.

Wiffles Aug 25th, 2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 644008)
Yea, it does seem like that happens a lot. I always thought it was ridiculous that things break so soon after purchasing them, whereas in the "old days" things would last forever.
But did you know that this was actually an influence on the great depression and on our recovery from it? Because back then you would buy a car and you wouldn't have to buy a car for 20 + years. So what happens when everybody owns a car or a refrigerator and it never breaks forever? Nobody is buying more stuff, unless they're rich, so you get periods of stagnancy in the buying of certain products. So then they had to start having like "Editions" of cars or whatever with new features to entice people into buying them; and eventually they stopped making them last 20 years + so that people would have to buy new cars, and the factories could keep producing.

It probably depends which country or how expensive the Item you bought is. Lets say you bought something more expensive and Made In Deutchland, well you can expect it to last long. As opposed to something made in China that you just bought for a fraction of the price. As may be the case, most electronics are made there anyway, so I can see why they had reliability issues. It may be a case of Price and quality. Also not everything made before was more reliable. Would you dare to drive cross country on a Model-T (even if it was brand new) today? I think not, simply because the average modern family vehicle is more reliable. ^.^

But in a way, some things made back then were more reliable, like fridges. They could practically survive a nuclear blast O.o

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 25th, 2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

I have no proof but I always thought if you used norton per se and then didn't renew it but instead you got some other anti-virus software the original anti-virus program would then deploy viruses, malware and spyware onto your computer.

Dr. Boogie Aug 25th, 2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 644010)
I have no proof but I always thought if you used norton per se and then didn't renew it but instead you got some other anti-virus software the original anti-virus program would then deploy viruses, malware and spyware onto your computer.

People, please. Don't let a lack of proof, or anything else, prevent you from posting any kind of conspiracy theory in this thread.

I heard that the popular insecticide, Off!, works in such a way that when it kills bugs, it mixes with their decomposing bug bodies and gives off a phermone that attracts more bugs!

Geggy Aug 25th, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat (Post 643903)
I'd believe anything about the nazis being into occult shit. Beyond being really bad guys, they were also German, which means they were crazy.

I'm pretty sure it was the americans who had orginated nazism. I could be wrong though.

Tadao Aug 25th, 2009 06:02 PM

I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

This whole thread has got me watching 911 conspiracy movies again. Loose changed put out a third and final cut.

Dimnos Aug 25th, 2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 644019)
I'm pretty sure it was the americans who had orginated nazism. I could be wrong though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Barr%C3%A8s

:confused:

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

It probably depends which country or how expensive the Item you bought is. Lets say you bought something more expensive and Made In Deutchland, well you can expect it to last long. As opposed to something made in China that you just bought for a fraction of the price.
Did people buy a lot of cars and electronics from china and Germany during the 1920-30's?
and that may just be the case but I've never heard that cars from germany are more reliable than cars from other places.

Quote:

As may be the case, most electronics are made there anyway, so I can see why they had reliability issues.
Yea, and these companies do well because they have a constant demand for cheap, replaceable items. But this is years after the great depression which was the subject of my paragraph. Was china one of the major electronics producers during the great depression?
One of the problems during the last great depression is that people made durable items so durable that there was no incentive to buy other ones, which caused the demand for more production to go down, and the demand for sales persons as well.

but now that is different, and largely because of that reason.

Quote:

Would you dare to drive cross country on a Model-T (even if it was brand new) today? I think not, simply because the average modern family vehicle is more reliable. ^.^
Would you drive a modern family vehicle in the 1930's? I think not, simply because they didn't fucking exist.

Tadao Aug 25th, 2009 06:35 PM

I always thought that BMW and VW were some of the most reliable cars in the world.

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 06:39 PM

Oh man you guys probably remember that conspiracy about history only actually starting in about 1500ad and all that other time was invented by historians and anthropologists, right? i think I saw that here first..

anyway here's some more similar theories!
Okay so first there's the theory that the entire world is STUCK IN TIME. We all live in an "iron prison" and it is still roman times before the crucifixion of jesus.

then there's this other theory about how in the 1950's the sun actually expanded into a red giant (which promptly consumed the earth) but an interplanetary counsel of aliens decided to save us basically putting us into some kind of other dimension or an illusion called the "Christ" or "Thoth" grid and now we just live in that time period until we awaken and become amazing also thoth the ancient dude who was also hermes and some other dudes went into this christ grid.

all facts.

also there's this one last conspiracy theory about how our government purposefully falsified the history of the world and industry by ruining the economies of advanced countries like china and germany during the early 1920's and that actually a great amount of high technological items were available fromm these countries and the united states just stole their ideas and made crappy versions of their cars and also they didn't tell us about this time hole that you could use to travel to the future of china and buy modern automobiles in the 1920's and to this day they still hide knowledge of this time hole so that we can't stop hitler because he invented the time hole in the 1980's

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

I always thought that BMW and VW were some of the most reliable cars in the world.
Depends on what you mean by reliable when it comes to volkswagons. Especially during the 1930's.

Tadao Aug 25th, 2009 06:41 PM

Don't forget the conspiracy that Samurais were highly trained killing machines.

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 06:47 PM

Don't forget the conspiracy that you're not an idiot.

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2009 06:51 PM

Don't forget to watch more movies about the true history of 911 and true histories about the moon landing and also read the true history of samurais.

you have refined tastes and I would respect any single one of your opinions.

Tadao Aug 25th, 2009 06:51 PM

:love