I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Emu Oct 28th, 2007 04:04 PM

Twin Snakes is cock-twistingly difficult, even on easy mode.

Or maybe I just suck.

Guitar Woman Oct 28th, 2007 05:16 PM

Twin Snakes is ridiculously easy in comparison to the original. What are you having trouble with?

Also, I picked up MP3 for the first time in like a week and scored myself a Lammy bobblehead in my ship and got to the phazon war golem boss. It kicked my ass like 3 times before I gave up ;(

Emu Oct 28th, 2007 05:23 PM

I think it's mostly just the Gamecube controller giving me trouble. Every time I shift to FPV the screen twitches because my Z button is a hunk of shit and won't stay down. And the GC controller isn't pressure sensitive (or if it is it isn't very good at it), so when I lift my weapon I can't put it back down without firing a shot. This is very bad when I don't have a suppressor.

Also, I wonder which portion of the Genome Soldiers' DNA makes them all sound like Robin from Teen Titans.

Guitar Woman Oct 28th, 2007 05:27 PM

I think if you want to put your weapon away quietly you have to hold the Y button and let go of the A button. This also stops you from firing like a maniac when you're using the famas.

Also, do you only have one controller?

Emu Oct 28th, 2007 05:28 PM

I have 3, but the one I'm using is less shitty than the other two.

Emu Oct 29th, 2007 04:46 PM

Twin Snakes really, really doesn't want me to forget that I'm playing this on a Nintendo system.

Guitar Woman Oct 29th, 2007 07:43 PM

YOU SEEM TO LIKE THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, DON'T YOU?

Emu Oct 29th, 2007 08:12 PM

YOU'VE PLAYED SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE BEFORE.

OH, LOOK, ETERNAL DARKNESS. AND HERE'S A POSTER FOR THE SAME GAME. SILICON KNIGHTS MADE THIS GAME, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

Guitar Woman Oct 29th, 2007 08:41 PM

Does he mention Eternal Darkness? I don't own the game so all I got was Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros. :o

Emu Oct 29th, 2007 09:28 PM

Yes. Eternal Darkness is Silicon Knight's star game on the Gamecube, so of course he mentions it. You can also find a sw33t poster for it in one of the lockers in the 2nd floor of the nuke building, I believe.

Fathom Zero Oct 29th, 2007 09:54 PM

I'm playin' Persona 3 on my PS2, niggas.

Guitar Woman Oct 30th, 2007 12:17 AM

Emu, if it makes you feel better, the original is only slightly less gimmicky than Twin Snakes.

Guitar Woman Oct 30th, 2007 12:18 AM

Also I got really into Thief: The Dark Project this weekend, and I must say that it is god damned brilliant. Way better than System Shock 2.

McClain Oct 30th, 2007 10:33 AM

WoWcraft

Emu Oct 30th, 2007 10:46 AM

McClain, was it you who used to build those arcade machines a long time ago? :O

McClain Oct 31st, 2007 09:12 AM

It was. And it still is, though I've narrowed my collection down to two machines, neither of which are completely functional. Though I'm almost fin w/ my latest mini cab.

MLE Oct 31st, 2007 05:51 PM

Discworld MUD ;<

Dr. Boogie Nov 1st, 2007 02:16 PM

Conan.

It's an endless stream of brutalizing little men and saving topless women.

JediScum Nov 1st, 2007 05:17 PM

I've become kind of addicted to Magic - The Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers lately, which is weird as I never played the card game all that much.

HungryWantBiddy Nov 2nd, 2007 02:13 PM

I'm running through the half lifes again in order. Picked up the orange box (for the 360) and it's the best $60 I've ever spent. TF2 is awesome. Portal is just...WOW; I'm glad I stopped eating acid after high school. Haven't touched Episode 2 yet, but probably will this weekend. Also, Forza 2 and DOA 4 are still in steady rotation. And, of course, halo 3 ends up in the disc tray when I have friends over. Any of you fuckers play on XBL? My gamertag's the same as my forum handle, so send me a friend req if you wanna play. Just be sure to explain who you are.

...now, I'm sure you all REALLY wanted to know all that :)

HungryWantBiddy Nov 2nd, 2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 509656)
Conan.

It's an endless stream of brutalizing little men and saving topless women.

It's also a complete rip of God of War... or at least the demo was.

Dr. Boogie Nov 2nd, 2007 05:43 PM

I remember back when it was fanshionable to call all third person action games Devil May Cry ripoffs, then God of War along and everything changed.

That said, it does borrow a lot from that game. Still fun, though.

bigtimecow Nov 3rd, 2007 09:14 PM

mother 3

its really hard to read japanese with no training

Emu Nov 6th, 2007 12:21 PM

I'm still trying to savor Okami. :O I also picked up Parasite Eve and I'm kind of playing through that, as well as popping in MGS: VR Missions when I get bored.

WhiteRat Nov 6th, 2007 09:00 PM

I'm currently about half-way through GTA: Vice City for PS2. I never finished the game back in the day and for some reason that fact kept bothering me the last few weeks, so I went to Gamestop and picked it up for 8 bucks.