I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

The Mighty Pinto Mar 19th, 2008 07:44 PM

Condemned 2

Picked up Condemned 2: Bloodshot over the weekend, but I didn't get a chance to play it until Monday night, and I've resolved to do a chapter a night, so I'm on chapter 3 right now.

Anyone else notice how the first chapter is an obvious reference to Return of the Living Dead Pt. 1? I mean, the last half of the level takes place in a Medical supply warehouse, and the whole stage is littered with creatures that are obviously Tar-men. All it needed was Clu Gulager.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 19th, 2008 07:54 PM

My friend just showed me this game called Crime Fighter 2.0 that came out for windows in 2000. I've finally found a game so terrible it's fun. Picture Drug wars made by germany and then translated awkwardly to English. For instance you can "Organize" a car from the lot, but sometimes the owner shows up and you gunfight him. Too bad the owner is "Rambo", "Granny" or "Al Capone". You can kidnap children from a park and either ransom them or sell them for child labor. Sometimes that doesn't work because they have Tommy Guns though.

MLE Mar 19th, 2008 09:48 PM

I just started the new Ace Attorney game for DS. It seems to be of the same caliber as the last three! If you liked the other three, you'll like this. If you didn't like them, you won't like this.

Personally, I think the series is fabulous.

Guitar Woman Mar 21st, 2008 02:52 PM

Emu Mar 21st, 2008 03:27 PM

and that's what, WoW?

Dr. Boogie Mar 21st, 2008 03:28 PM

I thought you hated that game.

Guitar Woman Mar 21st, 2008 04:42 PM

Morrowind has the worst running engine and most agonizing gameplay I've ever fucking seen, but I do like the story and general mythos :o

I also modded the fuck out of it, that might have helped a bit

King Hadas Mar 22nd, 2008 02:18 AM

I finished Mass Effect and am going through it again as a girl this time (you can make a character that looks an awful lot like Major Kira from Deep Space Nine, I wonder if that was intentional). What they did with your characters dialog was really clever, giving your character the general tone of what your going to say through the conversation wheel rather than just spell it out for you adds a whole new layer to the dialog and makes it very difficult not to play through the game as a hardass. You have to understand how much I loved the writing in this game since if anyone asks I'll tell them Mass Effect is fantastic without bothering to tell them that the gameplay is awful. I'll only turn the difficulty down on a game if I feel the game mechanics suck and the only other game I've ever done that with is the Resident Evil REmake. Also, they're way to stingy with the autosaves.

Guitar Woman Mar 22nd, 2008 02:23 AM

I beat REmake on Real Survival with an exploding zombie stalking me throughout the mansion, stop being a nancy.

Then again, tank controls seem to really bug the fuck out of other people and render a game all but unplayable for them, so whatever

King Hadas Mar 22nd, 2008 02:31 AM

You know I've beaten God of War 1 and 2 both on god mode. It was hard but I enjoyed doing it because I enjoy playing God of War. Now, I like Resident Evil okay, but I don't like PLAYING Resident Evil. Ya feel me?

Fat_Hippo Mar 22nd, 2008 04:01 AM

I've started playing Dawn of War + Expansions again, especially over LAN with my brother. It's good.

Guitar Woman Mar 22nd, 2008 04:38 AM

oh oh I also got to play TF2 finally :o

It actually really sucked, but I have concluded that it was because the 360 port of the Orange Box has the worst aiming in the history of console shooters

I tried out every class except Soldier, and I sucked least with the Demoman.

I also ran around screaming MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC over and over again

bigtimecow Mar 22nd, 2008 05:21 AM

me and some friends are on a gta spree

gta3
vice city
vice city stories
san andreas

and brawl duh

XtinaxFan Mar 23rd, 2008 07:34 AM

Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast.
The people going nuts when they get out of my speeding homicidal vehicle never fails to amuse me.

bigtimecow Mar 24th, 2008 10:18 AM

man i wish i had a fucking dreamcast with crazy taxi and that power gem crystal whatever game

i just found metal gear solid the twin snakes and have started that. :D

Mintrude Mar 24th, 2008 04:01 PM

Oblivion. Can't find a will-o-the-wisp anywhere.

WhiteRat Mar 24th, 2008 06:52 PM

Sonic CD. Just got this off of Amazon for 5 bucks and it's easily worth the money. First time playing it and it's a nice twist to the old school Sonic games.

peacetokengy Mar 30th, 2008 08:28 PM

Age of Empires on DS!

Fat_Hippo Mar 31st, 2008 11:33 AM

Still playing some DoW, but I'm also getting into Unreal Tournament 3 and Crysis. Now, graphics comparison: I'm sure Crysis could look better if I had a PC from the future, but for what my hardware can run, and it's pretty good, UT3 beats Crysis out of the water. More time should have been spent optimizing Crysis, because as it is, it's pathetic how much hardware it needs to do what it does.
Unfortunately, being the idiot I am, I played the shit out of original UT before starting to play UT3, and despite their differences, they're still pretty damn similar at the core. So I don't actually feel like playing UT3 much at the moment, so I'll probably finish Crysis before playing UT3 much more.

BlackHexen Mar 31st, 2008 03:58 PM

I finished Max Payne 2 few weeks ago. Now i started Final fantasy 9. It's fucking awesome, why I haven't like this before >: (

Pandajuice Mar 31st, 2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHexen (Post 543721)
I finished Max Payne 2 few weeks ago. Now i started Final fantasy 9. It's fucking awesome, why I haven't like this before >: (

FF9 is my favourite of the series. I just managed to complete FFX-2 last week actually with 96% on the first play through. An enjoyable game.

Right now, I'm playing through the Hitman series that I gave up on a few years ago. I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did when it came out.

thebiggameover Mar 31st, 2008 09:54 PM

im still playing psu. ive been playing it for almost a year now. wtf?

Fathom Zero Mar 31st, 2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintrude (Post 541710)
Oblivion. Can't find a will-o-the-wisp anywhere.

I could never find it, and when I killed it, it never dropped anything.

Zomboid Apr 1st, 2008 02:30 PM

What? I always got attacked by those fucking things. Most of the time I didn't have anything that could hurt them either :(

executioneer Apr 1st, 2008 04:17 PM

fucking hate wisps

and anything else that damages your stats so you have to take a potion or spell to restore them, but especially wisps cause they're nearly invisible when they haven't seen you and COMPLETELY invisible when they have >: