I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Feb 24th, 2009 07:31 PM

And Capcom is known for not making bad games, is that what you're getting at?

Phoenix Gamma Feb 24th, 2009 07:52 PM

All of Capcom's Disney games are badass. I particularly enjoyed Aladdin. I hear the Genesis version has sword fighting, but the SNES has some fucking awesome jump/bounce/grab obstacle courses.

bigtimecow Feb 24th, 2009 09:25 PM

lol i have aladdin installed on my wii :D

it's hard as shit and extremely fun

OxBlood Feb 25th, 2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 615786)
And Capcom is known for not making bad games, is that what you're getting at?

I would say...that´s actually true. I like ´em.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 1st, 2009 05:18 PM

Speaking of awesome Capcom games, my dad bought SF4 last night when I can to visit. I've been teaching him the ways of the Hadoken. It's hard teaching a 50+ year old the concepts of Quarter Circle Forward Punch.

Also related to awesome Capcom games, I'm gonna start up the Phoenix Wright games that I skipped over. I liked the first one, and Apollo Justice was really good, so I figured I'd play the inbetween games.

Then I decided to give Monster Hunter 2nd G another chance. It's pretty fun, but the controls are a tad strange, and I feel like there's almost too much shit to do.

Babs Mar 1st, 2009 06:41 PM

Aladdin is actually probably one of their best games. Amazing gamplay and kick ass layouts.

Reason being why I pointed out Capcom is because their ability to make something good from what little limitations their provided with, such as making kick ass NES games. So yes, they barely make shitty games.

Some other amazing games the have are of course Megaman as well as Darkwing Duck, Ghosts n Goblins, Bionic Commando, and Little Nemo.

pac-man Mar 1st, 2009 06:51 PM

Thanks for educating us about this upstart videogame company.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 1st, 2009 07:34 PM

Mega Man? Never heard of it. Is it based on the GNC product?

Babs Mar 1st, 2009 08:28 PM

exactly

Fathom Zero Mar 1st, 2009 08:36 PM

I've been playing the Hawx demo.

I'll just say I'm still waiting for the next Ace Combat.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 1st, 2009 08:43 PM

Man, I'll still boot up AC5 now and then. That game was so great. And the music is just stellar.

Now I wish I brought it back to my dorm today :(

Babs Mar 1st, 2009 09:32 PM

so many good times with AC, I miss it dearly now that there's mention of it.

Serp Mar 1st, 2009 11:18 PM

Been playing alot of fallout 3... the only achievements I have left are the level up ones on neutral karma. I havent gotten the anchorage DLC yet so I still have that to do as well

King Hadas Mar 2nd, 2009 04:29 PM

Eversion
http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html

Pretty damn cool. It's a traditional platformer that gradual deteriorates into something horrifying.

MarioRPG Mar 2nd, 2009 08:17 PM

Golden Sun 2... It's ok I guess.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 2nd, 2009 08:42 PM

I wanted to play Golden Sun 1 and 2. Heard they were a lot of fun.

Still playing FF XI.

bigtimecow Mar 2nd, 2009 09:50 PM

been playing dead space and little big planet again. i played one of microshock's levels "king poop" i believe it was called. it was SHITTY :lol

also downloaded coolboarders (thinking it was coolboarders 2 >: BIG FUCKING MISTAKE), syphon filter, and twisted metal 2. i think i like the playstation network's selection of games more than ps3 games :/

darkvare Mar 2nd, 2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 616792)
Eversion
http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html

Pretty damn cool. It's a traditional platformer that gradual deteriorates into something horrifying.

how do i get passed the third level?

Guitar Woman Mar 3rd, 2009 01:25 AM

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

It's really fucking hard.

OxBlood Mar 3rd, 2009 03:05 AM

Still a bit of Street Fighter, Left 4 Dead, Deus Ex 2 and the new Puzzle Quest...

King Hadas Mar 3rd, 2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 616851)
how do i get passed the third level?

You understand how everting works right? Here's a badly drawn picture to show you where you can evert during the first part of level three.

(red dots are where you evert)

Also two more things: First, you can jump off enemies to reach higher areas, jump off, not just bounce off. You need to do this a few times in order to collect all the gems and once to actually progress through the game. Second, you do get something for collecting all the gems. You'll notice when you get to the last level there's a counter floating at the beginning of the level, you evert under it once you get all the gems.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 3rd, 2009 06:36 PM

I was hearing some people talking about Eversion in class the other day. Sounds fucked up. Supposedly it scares the shit out of you if you die near the end of the game or something?

I guess I'll try it.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THAT HAND IN LEVEL FOUR SCARED THE FUCK OUT OF ME WHAT THE HELL.

I like this game :D

My roommate helped me figure out the last stage, because I didn't feel like thinking about puzzles after being really uneasy for 7 levels. Then he showed me a fun clipping error to bypass 90% of the final stage. The true ending was pretty awesome, too.

King Hadas Mar 3rd, 2009 08:09 PM

Getting those last gems is a monstrous pain in the ass. Basically you have to evert "good" until you can walk through clouds and then you have to evert "bad" until those blocks crumble under your feet (or you can do it the other way around). What makes it difficult is every time you die blocks you crumbled or knocked gems out of go back to normal.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 10th, 2009 11:36 AM

Gradius Rebirth came out for WiiWare yesterday. It's kinda like Contra 4 in that it's both a remake and a new game, where you're kinda doing the same shit, but different.

The graphics are a really cool mix between newer visual effects and SNES graphics, and the music and voice clips are all 16-bit. It's pretty rad. I'm liking it so far.

pac-man Mar 11th, 2009 11:35 PM

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. How this game went under my radar when it was released is beyond me, but I'm glad it was ressurected on xbox live. Great game.