I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Art Chat (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698552)

Supafly345 Jan 5th, 2008 03:41 AM

I love my wacom even if I hadn't used it in over a year! But yeah, I do remember something occassionally bothering me with it that I had to move it slightly when it touched down sometimes to make a dot. When the pressure setting are on the paintbrush however I never had this problem, even though sometimes this would result in a faint dot.

And fathom, how about touching the pen to the pad? That counts as a left click.

Tadao Jan 5th, 2008 02:34 PM

MLE : How would you feel if we ran our own art contests? Nothing to poll or vote on. No prizes.

Just a thing where someone posts something and we see how others might inerpet it or mess about with it. Not like a photochop contest (although those are fun). But like, if I posted an Xray of my skull, people could play around with my nogin.

MLE Jan 6th, 2008 01:56 PM

As for individual contests, I'd like it if people could just PM the idea to me, and as soon as I say it's a go (like Tadao, yours is a go), You can make the thread, and when I sticky it until it's over, I'll add the word CONTEST in there as well. The fact that it's stickied means it's MLE approved ;D

I think contests are a wonderful idea! I've been playing around with some ideas for specific art contests and possible prizes. If anyone has some ideas, let me know!

terrva Jan 6th, 2008 02:10 PM

As far as contests go, i'm down for anything. I don't have any ideas for one, though.

MLE Jan 6th, 2008 02:25 PM

There will be an idea thread for them as well that will be stickied.

Tadao Jan 6th, 2008 03:58 PM

The one I pmed you was a contest type thing. The one above was more like a photoshop thing (but not). I guess I'll come up with an example sometime and show you what I mean when you have an contest Idea sticky. but It's not a contest really, unless you wanted it to be. [/ramble]

MLE Jan 6th, 2008 09:56 PM

I guess it would be contests and events, then. The idea you submitted would likely be an event, since it's unlikely that that would have prizes associated. I'd like to keep them with reasonable definitions.

ZAKO the GREAT Jan 6th, 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 519839)
MLE : How would you feel if we ran our own art contests? Nothing to poll or vote on. No prizes.

Just a thing where someone posts something and we see how others might inerpet it or mess about with it. Not like a photochop contest (although those are fun). But like, if I posted an Xray of my skull, people could play around with my nogin.

cool! you are the GODDAMN hero! :rock
i'm in for whatever you guys think of.

executioneer Jan 6th, 2008 10:56 PM

remember when we use to do that in the photoshops/captions forum ;_;

MLE Jan 6th, 2008 10:59 PM

yeah, and i really liked SOME of it. it would at least make this forum more interesting. I want to make it clear that I don't want this to be a hilarious photoshop forum. It's still art. I have events that i'll run that you can be funny with terrible mspaint if you want

executioneer Jan 6th, 2008 11:02 PM

i never use terrible mspaint, unless i'm at work and can't use a real gfx program (and even then i generally try and fake it :x)

MLE Jan 6th, 2008 11:13 PM

give me ideas! my event idea sticky is up.

ZAKO the GREAT Jan 7th, 2008 12:19 AM

i'm kinda sucked t making funny stuffs. guess i might be able to do it better if it's something more to the art.

MLE Jan 7th, 2008 12:26 AM

With the art events, it can be funny, artistic, or both! really anything to be creative as long as it has some interpretation of the word. There's similar workings on other art forums, so it was a good suggestion from tadao!

ZAKO the GREAT Jan 7th, 2008 12:28 AM

he's really the BRAIN here

MLE Jan 7th, 2008 12:48 AM

I hope you will participate in the events :< and give me some ideas, too!

Sam Jan 7th, 2008 02:18 AM

The best art event we ever had was the "Celebrate the Loaf" Contest. :tear

MLE Jan 7th, 2008 02:29 AM

I AGREE. you need to help me think of other art contests. I WILL MEET YOU ON AIM.

Emu Jan 8th, 2008 02:04 PM

Seeing this forum with activity is fucking weird

Guitar Woman Jan 8th, 2008 05:40 PM

I'd like to thank Sam and this thread in general for making me remember the Catbread contest

MLE Jan 8th, 2008 06:10 PM

I think I'll run some periodic contests for something, like, maybe an original sketch of mine or a stuffed animal or something that some people might get competitive over. I like the premise of the loaf contest, and I think i'll model the first one after it. I'd like to let the icon designing contest finish first, though.

Tadao Jan 8th, 2008 06:37 PM

[perv] Will the stuffy smell like you and be wearing your undies? [/perv]

MLE Jan 8th, 2008 06:55 PM

most likely not

bigtimecow Jan 9th, 2008 12:38 PM

this is my new favorite forum now

:love art shit :love

bigtimecow Jan 9th, 2008 01:32 PM

oh, and hey, check out my exquisite corpse project! plz