I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HEADLINE NEWS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704613)

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 10th, 2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 694752)

I like that he grabbed a beer on his way out. :lol

That's exactly what I was going to say too.

Fathom Zero Aug 19th, 2010 08:23 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10996451

Zhukov Aug 19th, 2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Mr Zafaryab, 27, of Kingsbury, who owns a nursery and works in a medical supplies company, said he was willing to pay the £100 fine for parking on private land, without permit, behind a parade of shops in Copeland Mews.
Sounds quite reasonable. Hats off to this gent for sticking to what he feels right in his heart.

Quote:

On Thursday evening, Mr Zafaryab's car was finally released after he paid £100. He said he planned to challenge the fine in court.
OH YOU LYING BAS.

In other news, in Straylia we have to vote for a new Prime Minister in the next day or two. Another one. I for one am sick of electing Prime Ministers, and I think this country has got jolly well enough of them as it is.

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 11:05 AM

Didnt you just get a new lady PM?

Zhukov Aug 20th, 2010 02:26 AM

Exactly.

executioneer Aug 20th, 2010 02:36 AM

must've had small breasts

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 695796)
must've had small breasts

I'd like it if you called them wibbly wobblies. It's more civilized. :posh

Zhukov Aug 25th, 2010 05:20 AM

So these miners in Chile right, I heard that they wont be able to rescue them for at least a couple of months. That's fucking nuts that is.

I don't care if they have food, water, magazines or ipods down there; you would go nuts and kill yourself after that long underground.

Are they in the dark? Those poor bastards. Funny how every mining accident in China ends with nobody ever surviving and getting trapped, yeah, what a coincidence.

Blasted Child Aug 25th, 2010 05:44 AM

Yeah that Chilean mining story is quite intriguing.
I think they managed to get electricity from a vehicle engine (which sounds a bit dangerous, what with the exhaust fumes and all, but they probably know what they're doing) so apparently they have at least limited access to light.

I think this will be a very good chance to study human behaviour under extreme circumstances. Will they start chewing on each other? Will they hallucinate? Will they all turn gay?
To be continued.

Zhukov Aug 25th, 2010 06:36 AM

I once got locked in a change room for a good ten minutes, and I was clawing at the walls I tell you what. A friend locked me in there, and when I got out I chased him with the intent to kill him.

The human mind changes under pressure. Often for worse. It will be interesting to see how these Chilean miners react to the situation that they are faced with.

The news tells me that nobody wants to break it to them that they may be trapped down there for a little while. So they're just dancing around the issue with standard South American government aplomb

Tadao Aug 25th, 2010 12:29 PM

Mexicans are a resilient species of bugs.

Dimnos Aug 27th, 2010 11:46 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/21613793

Short video of the trapped miners.

spookware Aug 27th, 2010 07:42 PM

We had a couple of loons stuck down a mine for about a month. It was hell boring to watch from the top, poor suckers. When one of them requested an Ipod with Foo fighters, good old Dav Grohl then named a song after them........

Colonel Flagg Aug 27th, 2010 09:54 PM

So they've got to wait 4 months for a rescue? Pardon the indiscretion, but where will they put all their "shit"? :x

Blasted Child Aug 28th, 2010 06:23 AM

I think they have plenty of tunnel space to shit in, but only one habitable room.

Apparently a couple of them have already gone depressed. Doesn't bode well.

Would be really scary if this developed into some sort of lord of the flies scenario, where they'd all start killing each other while the rest of world could only watch, but not really intervene.

Colonel Flagg Aug 28th, 2010 07:05 AM

Man, though, after 4 months that room will be mighty fragrant.

Zhukov Aug 28th, 2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookware (Post 696570)
We had a couple of loons stuck down a mine for about a month. It was hell boring to watch from the top, poor suckers. When one of them requested an Ipod with Foo fighters, good old Dav Grohl then named a song after them........

That was in Tasmania. Not as long stuck down there, but they only had a tiny space to live/shit in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastin Children
Would be really scary if this developed into some sort of lord of the flies scenario, where they'd all start killing each other while the rest of world could only watch, but not really intervene.

Scary, sure, but that would also make a GREAT movie.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 28th, 2010 02:31 PM

His name should be changed to blastin children.

Blasted Child Aug 29th, 2010 05:38 AM

I think if nothing interesting happens in a couple of days, they should start spiking their food with hallucinogens.
And then instead of food they'll just send down lots of knives.

PS
Sure you can call me blastin children if that may tickle your fancy

Zhukov Aug 30th, 2010 05:37 AM

:lol

In all seriousness, I'd be very surprised if they all made it out alive :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 30th, 2010 10:42 AM

They should use that ship from the Core and send Hillary Swank down into the mine with them.

Colonel Flagg Aug 30th, 2010 10:53 AM

I know this is a serious topic, but still ... :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 03:47 PM

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/na...ast/index.html

Hurricane Earl is expected to start impacting the east coast tonight (9/2/10) hitting North Carolina, then Virginia. Long Island, New York possibly by tomorrow (9/3/10). Earl was just categorized as a category 5 which is going to cause some major damage. Maybe as bad as hurricane Isabel.

Gaston is only listed as a tropical depression now but its going to clean up anything Earl missed.

Dimnos Sep 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

And I remain unaffected. :)

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 05:09 PM

As a tax-paying Oklahoma, I have to ask myself, "How does this affect me?"