I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2012 11:58 PM

Did everyone get too high today to post or something

lol weed lol hitler lol columbine fuck today, the whole internet is one big terrible comedian on April 20

Babs Apr 21st, 2012 02:39 AM

Fucking hippies

Big McLargehuge Apr 21st, 2012 02:42 AM

Dang bros, i've been smoking that DAAAAAANK STANKY! 4/20 ferever.

Big McLargehuge Apr 21st, 2012 02:42 AM

HITLERS' BIRTHDAY COLUMBINE

Esuohlim Apr 21st, 2012 03:37 AM

Cue Kitsa coming to tell us she's not too fond of hitler or columbine :rolleyes :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Apr 21st, 2012 12:27 PM

I slept through most of yesterday and didn't get high.

hunh.

Big McLargehuge Apr 21st, 2012 12:53 PM

you are an apathetic little androgyne.

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 03:41 PM

I put up a stage for the OKC Arts Counsel today.

And worked on mah Aikido yesternight

unpotted

My life's a burning ball of excitement.

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 03:44 PM

Babs Apr 21st, 2012 03:47 PM

I'm buying a bolex with a som bethiot lens! Fuck yeah for 16mm!

Tadao Apr 21st, 2012 05:03 PM

Aikido is for people who can't move around to well like fat people and cripples. What are you, fucking lazy?

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 05:04 PM

Aikido is for people that want to break wrists as opposed to striking people.

We also cover Judo, Karate, and BJJ but it was an Aikido review last night.

Tadao Apr 21st, 2012 05:05 PM

Yeah, because kung fu and karate doesn't have any wrist breaking techniques. :eek

Tadao Apr 21st, 2012 05:09 PM

I'd like to learn Kali but my body wont do it. It's all about getting in close with deadly strikes, works great if you have a knife. Pretty much the opposite of Aikido

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 05:12 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love Karate. I'm working on finger strengthening and Nukite so I don't need knives. :eek

And more so that my fingers don't break when I punch someone. Never heard of Kali, though. It's a derivative of something else, I'm assuming? I'm not at all knowledgeable about most things.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 757916)
Yeah, because kung fu and karate doesn't have any wrist breaking techniques. :eek

BUT YUKI CHIGAI LOOKS SO COOL

EDIT: Also, more than the techniques, I dig the kata a lot more. We've been over the Pinan kata, the Isshinryu Kusanku, Tensho, and this weird Shito Ryu kata called Aoiyagi which has these neat wavy and backstepping blocks.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 21st, 2012 05:36 PM

I'm a black belt in Zui Quan but I'd like to learn Akido too.

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 05:37 PM

Funny you say that - our senpai was gonna show us some next semester.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 21st, 2012 06:01 PM

I'd highly recommend it. Not really a black belt so much as a I've seen Drunken Master 1, 2a and 2b enough on vhs to wear out the tapes.

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 06:04 PM

I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEANT, BILLIAM.

I think it would be awesome. I'm pretty good at balancing myself, so it'd be awesome to learn how to reach and strike from awkward positions.

Kitsa Apr 21st, 2012 06:12 PM

I guess I'm duty-bound by dint of genaeology to not like Hitler but the rest I don't really have an opinion on.

I like stuff. I dunno where you got that i hated everything. I thought people just talk more about what they don't like than what they do.

Esuohlim Apr 21st, 2012 06:46 PM

just raggin' ya kitsa s'all good

Tadao Apr 21st, 2012 08:57 PM

fuck all yall

Kitsa Apr 21st, 2012 10:29 PM

every time you guys go on about fitness and martial arts all I see are a bunch of macs talking about how hard they are and saying they can't do backflips right now because they're saving their strength for something really awesome.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 21st, 2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 757922)
I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEANT, BILLIAM.

I think it would be awesome. I'm pretty good at balancing myself, so it'd be awesome to learn how to reach and strike from awkward positions.

I'm really good at the fluid strikes and movements. The hardest part I think are the drop rolls let alone the drop roll attacks. I used to really excel at rolls from different drop positions but they take their toll.

Fathom Zero Apr 21st, 2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 757928)
every time you guys go on about fitness and martial arts all I see are a bunch of macs talking about how hard they are and saying they can't do backflips right now because they're saving their strength for something really awesome.

yo man, that ain't cool dawg. I take offense, Miss.

In any case, it's not like we're talking about Tornado Kicks and Superman Punches here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 757929)
I'm really good at the fluid strikes and movements. The hardest part I think are the drop rolls let alone the drop roll attacks. I used to really excel at rolls from different drop positions but they take their toll.

My ankle's never been 100% since I broke it some years ago, so I wasn't able to roll or kick well in the beginning. I've just recently begun to practice more of it.