I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nightmare On Elm Street Remake (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703095)

lumpisan Sep 29th, 2009 02:08 PM

Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=63620005

good god what do you guys think of this pile of shit?
No robert englund and its directed by micheal fucking bay.... i think my soul just died

darkvare Sep 29th, 2009 04:14 PM

is not directed is produced and it was already posted but my biggest complaint is how lame freddy looks

robo_rob Sep 29th, 2009 04:24 PM

my biggest beef is at the beginning of the trailer when Freddy is getting lynched. I wont go into detail, but something tells me they made a character change for the worst.

DougClayton4231 Sep 29th, 2009 04:53 PM

Really? It's not like Jason where he was silent and behind a mask. It's Freddy! You can't fuck up a classic like this.

Babs Sep 29th, 2009 09:24 PM

You can totally fuck up Freddy's character. For starters, no Robert Englund. Secondly, Michael Bay. At least he's producing right... right?

robo_rob Sep 29th, 2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 650890)
You can totally fuck up Freddy's character. For starters, no Robert Englund. Secondly, Michael Bay. At least he's producing right... right?

Michael Bay is producing (he also produced the Friday the 13th remake, and the Texas Chainsaw remake, possibly more).

The no Robert England things is a total bummer, I always knew eventually somebody else would play Freddy... but that is one tough act to follow.

Not to mention, what Freddy says during that lynch mob part of the trailer... I just hope that isn't in the final film... or what it implies. I can't get the spoiler tag working right, so I'll just have to be vague.

Babs Sep 29th, 2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo_rob (Post 650903)
Michael Bay is producing (he also produced the Friday the 13th remake, and the Texas Chainsaw remake, possibly more).

The no Robert England things is a total bummer, I always knew eventually somebody else would play Freddy... but that is one tough act to follow.

Not to mention, what Freddy says during that lynch mob part of the trailer... I just hope that isn't in the final film... or what it implies. I can't get the spoiler tag working right, so I'll just have to be vague.

Yeah, I really hope they didn't to much revision to the backstory but with all remakes comes that great downfall.

Zomboid Sep 29th, 2009 11:10 PM

Guys, you can't spoil a fucking trailer.

Babs Sep 29th, 2009 11:22 PM

It was asking for it!

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2009 12:58 AM

Oh, if he doesn't kill children anymore, I'm gonna be disappointed. I guess he can be a pedophile.

And how the fuck does he hurt any different? He sounds different, obviously, but he's got the stature right and I'm sure the makeup is going to be really good.

Zomboid Sep 30th, 2009 02:46 AM

It reminds me of the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3.

RaNkeri Sep 30th, 2009 07:49 AM

"creepy" children singing "creepy" songs, are they for real?

EDIT: And yeah, Freddy looks lame :<

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2009 10:58 AM

"For appropriate audiences." ......really?

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2009 02:10 PM

I only got a glimpse of it but I thought the new makeup looked good. :\

And who the fuck cares if before they torched his ass he actually did or didnt kill / molest little kids. As long as he is brutally murdering people in their sleep.

King Hadas Sep 30th, 2009 07:04 PM

It's pretty important. I love Freddy because his a bad person. If they try to reinvent him as just misunderstood then how are they going to account for Krueger's fun-lovin-ly elaborate murders?

Zomboid Sep 30th, 2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 651016)
And who the fuck cares if before they torched his ass he actually did or didnt kill / molest little kids. As long as he is brutally murdering people in their sleep.

Ugh. Hadas nailed it, though. It goes against the core of the character; he was an evil guy way before he was able to go into dreams, and that's a very large part of what made him such a jerk.

Tadao Sep 30th, 2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 651068)
It's pretty important. I love Freddy because his a bad person. If they try to reinvent him as just misunderstood then how are they going to account for Krueger's fun-lovin-ly elaborate murders?

They could say out of revenge, but that would be the worst possible thing to do. I'm hoping that he is just lying to keep from getting killed.

Zomboid Sep 30th, 2009 07:42 PM

Well, yeah. "You burned me alive under the false assumption that I killed that kid, so now I'm angry!" is a lot less effective than "Yeah, I murdered and molested a bunch of your kids, and now, thanks to you, I can do whatever I want to them."

robo_rob Sep 30th, 2009 11:47 PM

Maybe he possibly doesn't think he did anything wrong.

But then that makes him once again, not Freddy.

captain516 Oct 1st, 2009 02:22 AM

Maybe it's some split personality disorder bullshit that causes him to subconciously murder kids.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 10:57 AM

Fuck it, it'll be a good movie to see with one of those... what're they called? Oh yeah; girls. It'll be an alright movie with alright special and visual effects.

But, then, I haven't seen it yet like robo_rob seems to have.

Dimnos Oct 2nd, 2009 11:27 AM

Guess I never really gave a shit about his back story. Burned guy with knife glove killing kids in creative ways in their sleep was all I cared about. Could have called him the boogeyman and said he was never human and I wouldnt have gave a shit.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 2nd, 2009 04:22 PM

Any news if Englund is going to Cameo or are they saving that for a sequel?

Hangie Oct 2nd, 2009 08:04 PM

Englund is going to cameo as a school principal fo sho.

robo_rob Oct 5th, 2009 09:38 PM

At least Englands in it.