I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   beck (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20954)

Emu Apr 19th, 2006 05:59 PM

beck

It's been a good long time since our last Beck thread, I think >:

I have Guero and I know that I want to get Sea Change but what else should I pick up?

Rongi Apr 19th, 2006 06:25 PM

get them all. beck fuckin rocks

unfortunately, he's also a scientologist

Emu Apr 19th, 2006 06:38 PM

is he seriously ;(

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 19th, 2006 06:54 PM

Beck and Scientology
Beck has been a Scientologist for most of his life but has only recently publicly acknowledged this fact. As the child of Scientologists, he attended the Scientologist-run Apple School in Los Feliz. After a brief stint at a public school, he dropped out in 9th grade and attended various Scientology training courses, completing at least 13 between 1986 and 1989. It is not clear what his involvement was during the 1990s, but he appears to have distanced himself from it to some degree.

His name appears in Scientology literature again in 2003, showing that he is a member and a donor. In April 2004, he married Marissa Ribisi, who is also a second-generation Scientologist. The actress has a small website proclaming her success with Scientology on which she encourages others to learn about it. On the site, she wrote, "Scientology works! Without it, I don't know where I'd be." [2]

After many public denials of his affiliation with the Church of Scientology, Beck publicly acknowledged them for first time in an interview published in the New York Times Magazine on March 6, 2005. Further confirmation came in an interview with the Irish Sunday Tribune newspaper's i Magazine in June 2005, where he is quoted as saying, "Yeah, I'm a Scientologist. My father has been a Scientologist for about 35 years, so I grew up in and around it." When questioned, he was vague on Scientology's core beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck#Beck_and_Scientology

Emu Apr 19th, 2006 06:56 PM

i'm relieved that he grew up in it rather than converting to it. i was worried about his proximity to Tom Cruise's source of crazy

glowbelly Apr 19th, 2006 09:11 PM

midnite vultures is wonderful

all of them are, really. if you can find some of his older acoustic folky guitar stuff, buy it. yup.

Sethomas Apr 19th, 2006 09:17 PM

Satan gave me a taco.

ScruU2wice Apr 20th, 2006 12:09 AM

Does his religion matter if he make amazing music?

Rongi Apr 20th, 2006 12:11 AM

uh, where did i say it did?

Emu Apr 20th, 2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Does his religion matter if he make amazing music?

it doesn't, but scientology makes me nervous

Miss Modular Apr 20th, 2006 12:48 AM

http://www.our-home.org/marissaribisi/success.htm

Quote:

Before Scientology my life seemed direction-less. I knew there were things I wanted to accomplish in life, but I didn't know how to get there or where to start. I was worried. I worried a lot, even at a young age.

My brother is an actor and at that time he had already had many successes in acting. I knew that 's also where I wanted to go with my life, but I just couldn't pick myself up and do it. I also wanted to write but I had this idea "I'm just not creative in that area".

So that's when I started in Scientology. I wanted help. I did my first major course (called the "Key to Life" course) and realized that I definitely wanted to act. Then I did the Life Orientation Course that follows the Key to Life Course and I really confronted and organized my life. By the time I finished that course I felt like a new person and three months later I got my first film with a major studio (Dazed and Confused). From there my career as an actress completely took off. I've been working ever since and also continued in Scientology.

About 4 years after that I had received some Scientology counseling on the subject of study, subjects, words, etc. I didn't realize how much having misunderstood words was stopping me or not allowing me to have interest in certain subjects or to even study my own field more. After that I sat down and wrote an entire script with my best friend in one month. A year and a half later we were shooting the script I wrote. Scientology works! Without it, I don't know where I'd be.
:lol :(

sadie Apr 20th, 2006 01:02 PM

regardless of his (ridiculous) religious preference, beck is awesome.

Emu Apr 20th, 2006 05:35 PM

I got Mellow Gold and Odelay! :posh

sadie Apr 21st, 2006 12:21 AM

i got a devil's haircut in my mind.

Rongi Apr 21st, 2006 12:36 AM

i listened to odelay waaaaaaaaaaaay too much when i was younger. now i just dont enjoy it as much as i used to. i still think it's an awesome cd though

Rez Apr 21st, 2006 01:53 AM

i had a hankerin for one foot in the grave the other day... i never got off my lazy ass to actually dust off the CD and listen to it.

odelay should be my favorite, but midnite vultures actually is.

PILLOWFIGHT Apr 25th, 2006 12:28 AM

mellow gold!!

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 02:54 PM

So, how's that Pillowfight vrs the Rest of I-Mockery lawsuit going?
Btw I should download sommore Beck. I love that song "Girl".

PILLOWFIGHT Apr 25th, 2006 10:22 PM

the Pillowfight virus the Rest of I-Mockery lawsuit is a degenitive disease afflicting a billion innocent kids becuase a bunch of hateful retards made a website revolving around a paper hat :O

kon Apr 25th, 2006 10:25 PM

whut beck CD do you guys recommend??????

Emu Apr 25th, 2006 10:34 PM

kon :eek :eek :eek

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 30th, 2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILLOWFIGHT
the Pillowfight virus the Rest of I-Mockery lawsuit is a degenitive disease afflicting a billion innocent kids becuase a bunch of hateful retards made a website revolving around a paper hat :O

Hwat?

Rez Apr 30th, 2006 10:50 PM

midnite vultres

actually it's all good except sea change

Rongi Apr 30th, 2006 11:16 PM

the only reason you say that is probably because pitchfork media or whatever stuck up site gave it a bad review you horrible faggot. i love that album

Rez Apr 30th, 2006 11:44 PM

i knew that'd drag your lameass in here
all i have to do is point out an album being as stale as dogshit, and in comes rongi, who's a big admirer of all things lame and offensively dull, all like "what? no way dude you just read pitchfork or some shit because you want to look cool. that's the ONLY reason why you dont like that album, because of internet opinions"

i've yet to hear anyone actually be proven guilty, actually be CAUGHT doing this. it just seems made up by people who gets furious over people who dont like their boring ass albums