I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Shrubfest Jun 28th, 2011 07:44 AM

That story is a bit sad but a bit cheering too.

As long as he'd paid for the food, of course.

If not, tell everyone you know about how bad it was.

Kitsa Jun 28th, 2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 728699)
I got this too! I didn't even know that it wasn't a universal thing until like five years ago.

Are you extremely good at remembering other people's birthdays too, no matter how little you care about them?

Usually when I remember birthdays it has something to do with me giving a shit, but no, not especially good with dates.

Numbers, certain letters, and music usually trigger colors and shapes to me. I think it's supposed to go beyond whatever crap your brain normally imagines when exposed to music or words, and that certain letters, numbers or notes ALWAYS evoke the same color. For me, 9 has always been sort of a deep, bluish kelly green, and 5 and 7 are slightly different shades of red-orange.

Sometimes music does it too. Certain music makes me see rippling ribbons. It's like having Fantasia going in your head 24/7.

Kitsa Jun 28th, 2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 728706)
Okay, if someone asks me for regular turkey, I don't do that. I make sure I give them what they ask for if they DO ask for a specific type, but if they just say they want turkey, how am I supposed to know?
Also, yeah, if you say you want regular turkey, they give you honey and insist it's regular, they deserve whatever they get. There's being a dick, and then there's being a lazy asshole.
That wasn't a good analogy

I always specifically say that I want the oven-roasted turkey or the buffalo turkey or whatever. I never say, "JUST GIVE ME SOME TURKEY." Because that would be rude :posh

I don't know if it's laziness or if it's ignorance of how allergies work or whether they think that food allergies are some made-up thing to get attention, but it happens a lot. My mom had a run-in the other day with a deli worker who picked up the honey turkey and started cutting it before we realized it wasn't the right thing; she switched it out, but the residue was already all over the machine and her gloves.

Sometimes I just buy the prepackaged stuff and hope for the best.

Pub Lover Jun 28th, 2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 728745)
...you get to think of him as The Hamburglar from now on

:sleep

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 728670)
speaking of fuct up spines, i went to chiropractor today

it was pretty ok! he snapped my neck like in goldeneye.

The first few times are the worst. You usually have to adjust your rear view mirror on the drive home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 728696)
My dad's had been seeing a chiropractor for years after a work-related accident permanently damaged his spine and rendered him unable to perform manual labor (he couldn't move to the office division because I think he doesn't even have a GED) and I had registered an appointment with the same chiropractor, based on my dad's recommendation, to help me with my bad back and found out the day after I scheduled that his practice had folded. When I asked why, I was told that he got in a car accident and damaged his back to the point where he was no longer able to practice. I don't think that the receptionist that called me appreciated the irony (or me laughing about it) as much as I did.

:lol

Kitsa Jun 28th, 2011 11:13 AM

My neurosurgeon told me if I ever go to a chiropractor he'll kill me himself.

Also, my great-grandfather left one in an ambulance once.

I'm afraid of chiropractors :(

Chojin Jun 28th, 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 728757)
Also, my great-grandfather left one in an ambulance once.

i first read this like your grandfather was a vigilante EMT who, upon discovering his patient was a chiropractor, ditched his ass

Kitsa Jun 28th, 2011 12:09 PM

That would be awesome but in reality the guy just snapped his neck and broke a clot loose and gave him a stroke. :(

Ex Leper Jun 28th, 2011 01:17 PM

My tape collection has been growing steadily since I made the thread about it.

elx Jun 29th, 2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 728735)
:(

Why that thread? :confused

I think I mentioned before that the loveline is the best area on this forum, I just felt like participating for once! I took willie's thread because I didn't want to make my own, and all of the other ones are creepy.

elx Jun 29th, 2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 728651)

when did you get so good at photoshoping? >:

captain516 Jun 29th, 2011 01:19 AM

Not gonna lie, Tadao was one of the last I-mockery people I expected to get hitched.

Fathom Zero Jun 29th, 2011 01:55 AM

Fuck, that's who was in my death pool - Harry Dean Stanton.

Damn, that guy is lasting. Good on him.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 29th, 2011 02:08 AM

Way to ruin a romantic moment like Tadao getting married Dyls.

Fathom Zero Jun 29th, 2011 02:10 AM

chat thread, fck you

Esuohlim Jun 29th, 2011 02:12 AM

I bet Tadao is fucking right now, guys

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 29th, 2011 02:14 AM

We're better start high fiving then.

fuck you spell check trying to tell me fiving isn't a word.

Kitsa Jun 29th, 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 728838)
Fuck, that's who was in my death pool - Harry Dean Stanton.

Damn, that guy is lasting. Good on him.

He can last for another 50 years as long as I'm concerned. Love that guy.

Pub Lover Jun 29th, 2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 728818)
I think I mentioned before that the loveline is the best area on this forum, I just felt like participating for once! I took willie's thread because I didn't want to make my own, and all of the other ones are creepy.

Ok. Thank you. :(

INTERNET HUGS! :eek

Esuohlim Jun 29th, 2011 03:03 PM

Come on elx, you got laid. Man up.

Pub Lover Jun 29th, 2011 03:06 PM

Yeah, she wishes she could have more random sex. So it turns like she was just like the rest of you all along. :eek

Pub Lover Jun 29th, 2011 03:08 PM

I know I'm not one to talk but isn't that lass that Zhukov posted in the pretty people thread a trifle young? :eek

Pub Lover Jun 29th, 2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 728844)
I want to make jokes about so many things in this thread - Milhouse and sex (because lol), elx being elx, and 10K and his ellipses.

Nothing is stopping you, Champ.

executioneer Jun 29th, 2011 03:09 PM

don't get any ideas about posting your random sex havings in my threads, guys

DO NOT LIKE

Pub Lover Jun 29th, 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 728832)
Now that I can see the picture. Didn't she used to be blond?

That one went the way of Lennie and his rabbits.