I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   shaking fucking movies causing motion sickness! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702748)

Zhukov Aug 15th, 2009 08:02 AM

Yes, it was both of those you mentioned. Call me old fashioned, but I do have a weak stomach for things like that.

Aimless Aug 15th, 2009 08:09 AM

They did a lot of the shaky cam in Public Enemies, plus the close-up on Johnny's pores wasn't helping. I fell asleep twice.

Shrubfest Aug 15th, 2009 10:04 AM

Public Enemies managed to not make me too sick, but it took at least 10 minutes for me to recognise anyones face.

Pretty much any long moving shot will make me sick. The Fastest Indian was the worst. I had to hid in my coat for most of it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 15th, 2009 10:43 AM

I don't like quick cuts either. I don't mind if they're dynamic quick cuts but most of them are really unnecassary. I.E the opening car chase in Quantum of Solace.

darkvare Aug 15th, 2009 12:25 PM

i never thought that this issues would be so common

Tadao Aug 15th, 2009 09:10 PM

People are getting weaker Darkvare. Pretty soon we can take over the world with loud noises and flashy lights.

Kitsa Aug 16th, 2009 12:13 AM

I have a novelty pen that flashes and gives me an instant headache.

MajorScales Aug 20th, 2009 08:29 PM

I think it was the first James bond movie with Daniel Craig made me feel sick at one part...they are up on platforms fighting and swinging from ropes with the camera never seeming to pull back. I found that very aggravating and nauseating.

Ant10708 Aug 21st, 2009 03:50 PM

The Bourne movies I think starting with the second one ruined every fuckign car chase scene with their retarded quick cuts

ZeldaQueen Aug 22nd, 2009 12:08 AM

X-Files: I Want to Believe was awful with this. Especially towards the end, when Mulder fights an attack dog. I only figured that out because I could hear it barking.

Kitsa Aug 22nd, 2009 10:00 AM

A projectionist on shakycam:

Yankee 49 Sep 22nd, 2009 11:08 PM

Motion Sickness Movies

I too tried to make it through The Hurt Locker and I had to leave after a little over an hour. I had wanted to see it all summer, too.

And this has happened to me with numerous other films as well. The last one that did the same thing was Vantage Point with Dennis Quaid. But I didn't feel as bad as it sucked.

I wish theaters would let people know ahead of time. I'm now finding out that certain AMC theaters did warn people about Hurt Locker. I had no idea others were getting sick too! I thought it was my sensitive stomach!

robo_rob Sep 23rd, 2009 12:58 AM

That kinda stuff never bothers me or anything. I think the only time ever was playing Quake 4 on my 360 while medicated. Other than that, never.

I remember seeing Blair Witch in theaters wondering what the hell was wrong with everybody.

Yankee 49 Sep 23rd, 2009 01:05 AM

Yeah, you and most people are lucky. But there was actually a poster displayed at AMC theaters , I saw the photo online, warning people like me to not watch Hurt Locker. (I saw it at a Cinemark.)I never had a problem before a couple of years ago. I think that the camera work now is speeding up and those filmmakers that want to make it look "more authentic" are on the rise.

Blue Fox Oct 5th, 2009 06:53 PM

Ah man that really sucks about the Hurt Locker. Me and horhay are super bad about the shakiness kind of stuff, and they are showing it for free at my school.

I was pretty messed up when I saw Cloverfield, but Horhay is really bad about it. He can't even watch us play Kirby Air Riders. :(

whoreable Oct 6th, 2009 07:36 PM

I saw district 9 a couple weeks ago. It was shaky and made me a bit sick by the end, but wasnt too bad.