I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 02:00 PM

I was really disappointed with the season premiere of Dexter. It seemed like there were lots and lots of inconsistencies and plotholes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 7th, 2011 04:52 PM

Until it was hammer time

Sam Oct 7th, 2011 06:54 PM

WE'RE RUXIN'S TEAM, WINNING EVERY SCUFFLE, AND WE'RE ALL DOING THE SHIVA BOWL SHUFFLE

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 06:57 PM

Hammer time was ok, but I've never been to a multi-day class reunion myself.

Or any class reunion for that matter but still seems like it wouldn't have been multi-day.

k0k0 Oct 7th, 2011 07:13 PM

When my class reunion comes, I'm going to go as a homeless guy. Just not bathe for a few weeks and grow my beard long. Wear a shirt with holes in it. Pretty much my usual routine except I tell everyone I'm homeless.

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 09:23 PM

I plan to never attend any class reunion, because fuck all of those people.

k0k0 Oct 7th, 2011 10:18 PM

So the simpsons are renewed for another 2 years making it 25 years total and then they'll probably quit doing it. God won't they just kill that thing. It was close talks though. It's gotten to where fox is losing money on it. But they'll probably make more in syndication of the new episodes anyways.

Esuohlim Oct 8th, 2011 01:02 AM

The Simpsons are so beyond culturally irrelevant nowadays that it's extremely easy to just pretend it's dead and leave it at that

Grislygus Oct 8th, 2011 01:09 AM

It's reminding me of an old family member that you love so goddamn much who's lived so long past coherency or joy that you'll actually be kind of happy for them once they die

executioneer Oct 8th, 2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 745889)

:thumbsup

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 745951)
The Simpsons are so beyond culturally irrelevant nowadays that it's extremely easy to just pretend it's dead and leave it at that

I have been doing this for close to 10 years now.

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 745889)

When I received my invitation for my 5 year reunion, I sent a letter back saying I had died in a car crash. I never received one for my 10 year reunion.

k0k0 Oct 8th, 2011 12:50 PM

Season 2 of An Idiot Abroad is going on. I just watched the first episode of the new season and it's pretty entertaining. Karl Pilkington hates doing things just like I would hate doing them. He's forced to do them, but is stupid and has funny takes on things. I enjoy watching him be uncomfortable and say retarded things. It's a good show.

Krythor Oct 8th, 2011 01:10 PM

I'm not a big fan of Karl when he's out by himself, I only find him funny when he's with Ricky and Steve. But I loved his argument with Warwick "Wicket" Davies about the Chinese dwarf village. "They have a king. He's got a little crown and everything."

Rongi Oct 8th, 2011 01:47 PM

I haven't seen the latest episode of Breaking Bad yet, but I have to say season 4 has been a disappointment for the most part. There wasn't nearly enough Saul for my liking, and I feel like a lot of episodes where just a bunch of boring conversations.

Krythor Oct 8th, 2011 02:05 PM

It's had ups and downs, I think it will probably be better on DVD viewed back to back. The main thing that bothers me is that it's not that funny anymore; I've been rewatching seasons one and two and I can't believe how much I laugh every episode.

The Gus thing is played out at this point, so I look forward to season five when everything should move in a new direction.

k0k0 Oct 8th, 2011 02:31 PM

I like how when karl calls warwick it seems like he's trying to sell him on moving down there, like if his acting thing doesn't work out. Then it goes from that, to him defending the dwarf village.

And breaking bad was good this season. It's been tough to call really until I can see how they wrap it up. I thought there'd be more happening with the car wash, but that's been minimal for how much they put into it.

Esuohlim Oct 8th, 2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 745995)
I have been doing this for close to 10 years now.

For me it's only about 7 :( The longer you've completely ignored the Simpsons the cooler you are

Krythor Oct 8th, 2011 02:39 PM

Yeah, it has such a different tone this season that it's hard to judge until it's all viewed again, knowing how it's all meant to fit together.

The main reason it's not that funny is because Walt and Jesse haven't been together that much I think.

Rongi Oct 8th, 2011 02:47 PM

Yeah, this season has been kind of monotone in terms of mood. It's mainly been anticipation and build up. It was funny when Walt used that guy's first dollar to buy a coke. And when Mike's ear gets partly blown off.

The sideplot with Hank and Marie's marriage becoming rocky was abandoned pretty quickly

Rongi Oct 8th, 2011 02:49 PM

I haven't willingly sat down and watched a new Simpsons episode since I was in Middleschool, probably.

I saw half of one a few months ago and thought "This is still funnier than current day Family Guy."

Krythor Oct 8th, 2011 03:03 PM

Best episode ever.

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2011 04:45 PM

That robot bit is the best ever. :lol

Zomboid Oct 9th, 2011 11:36 PM

Tonight's finale was the best hour of television I've seen in a while. Holy shit.

kahljorn Oct 10th, 2011 04:00 AM

fuck i missed it :(