I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scary Games (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705066)

Tadao Sep 24th, 2010 04:10 PM

Scary Games

I don't want to ruin the Amnesia thread so here's one dedicated to scary games.

I found that interesting enough. I also mentioned that "The Dark Eye" creeped me the fuck out. Never played the Silent Hill games, but I'm working on getting them right now.

Kitsa Sep 24th, 2010 04:36 PM

I've heard the Fatal Frame ones are scariest, but I don't know. I scoffed at the Grudge flash game but was so traumatized by Ju-on that the croaking got me before I got very far.

If you go in the house you're dead anyway, them's the rules, so playing the game is pretty much pointless.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 24th, 2010 04:45 PM

I'd say clock tower but I don't know if you can go back and play it now. At the time forget about it though.

OxBlood Sep 24th, 2010 07:26 PM

I´m scared very easily since paranormal, non-physical stuff just gets to me. "Normal" Monsters or Demons don´t concern me that much, I fear what lurks in the shadows, what takes your sanity away and leaves you with only fear and screaming, alone and forgotten in the depths of your own mind where no one can hear you.

Of course it´s not that dramatic but I have a love-hate relationship with the horror-genre. I really, REALLY fear these things, even with almost 30 I still have trouble sleeping after specific horror-flicks, sometimes for days. I just fear the unknown, the unspoken...if that´s a word.

Anyway all that just serves to show you guys why I for the love of Hastur can´t really play Fatal Frame 3, the scariest game I know. It just gets in my head, it conjures up this atmosphere of aparent peace and safety in the parts where you are at home and everything is normal but then the horro begins to seep through the cracks of reality and into normal life. You hardly notice it at first but it gets more and more intense over time until you´re almost more scared of your own house in the game than the levels at night...

Maybe I´m just a giant pussy when it comes to that but I´ve been built with too much creativity and imagination so I´m much more...receptive to these things...even being alone in my parents house creeps me out and it´s just a normal 2 storey house....but there´s so many rooms I can´t see, there are so many possible...things that might lurk there...I know that sounds stupid and childish but I can´t help but feel that way. It´s gotten weaker as I got older but it´s still there.

Fuck, even writing about it kinda scares me now (1:18 in the morning here)
The good thing about being like that is I´ll one day write an excellent horror-novel :)

Sorry, I got really sidetracked there, but I felt it was a nice way to create some atmosphere in here (and it´s all true too), but yeah, to me Fatal Frame 3 is the scariest game but I haven´t played all of them, no Cryostasis, no Amnesia...

Sam Sep 24th, 2010 08:52 PM

I PLAYED A SCARY GAME CALLED "CUM INSIDE OF HER WITH NO CONDOM ON AND SHE ISN'T ON BIRTHCONTROL, OH FUCK"

NO ONE WINS THAT GAME.

EXCEPT FOR YOU.

BECAUSE YOU GET TO CUM IN SOME BROAD.

BUT ONLY IF SHE DOESN'T GET PREGNANT.

THAT'S THE SCARY PART. :(

darkvare Sep 24th, 2010 09:48 PM

WHAT IF THE GUY PLAYING IS SHOOTING BLANKS

Sam Sep 24th, 2010 10:35 PM

THEN HE IS A FUCKING CHEATER. >:

executioneer Sep 25th, 2010 08:24 AM

omg hax

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 25th, 2010 08:53 AM

dm has hax too.

Wiffles Oct 16th, 2010 08:40 AM

Yah you should get silent hill games, theyre not "boo" scary, but ambience scary ^.^

If you can stomach the PS1 grafix, start out with SH1, but if not, do SH2 first. I think it gets worser and worser SH3 onwards ^.^;

The Doctor Oct 16th, 2010 12:44 PM

Eternal Darkness is cool in a creepy psychological sort of way sort of way.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2010 12:54 PM

Yeah, I got SH1 and SH2. I can't play 1 because it looks like shit and plays worse on my computer. Kinda divided on playing 2 since combat on the keyboard is lame.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 16th, 2010 04:11 PM

I know you can get a wired xbox controller to work with pc games. Not sure how much they are though.

The Leader Oct 16th, 2010 06:01 PM

Slaps is a pretty scary game because it hurts.

Dimnos Oct 16th, 2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 701106)
I know you can get a wired xbox controller to work with pc games. Not sure how much they are though.

I recently hooked my fight stick up to my PC its pretty cool.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2010 09:43 PM

There are Mad Katz controllers for PC that are programmable to use the keyboard settings.

Mockery Oct 18th, 2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 701151)
I recently hooked my fight stick up to my PC its pretty cool.

But is it as cool as the Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller? :halloween

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2010 10:11 PM

No. :tear

Shadowdancer21b Oct 19th, 2010 01:14 PM

That thing is awesome!

shekk Oct 19th, 2010 06:24 PM

i thought this thread was going to be about games such as

light as a feather, stiff as a board

Tadao Oct 19th, 2010 06:32 PM

If it's a game and it's scary than talk about it. :rolleyes

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 05:50 AM

A GAME OF MUMBLETYPEG GONE HORRIBLY WROGN

Shadowdancer21b Oct 20th, 2010 06:22 PM

Light as a feather stiff as a board never worked when I grew up.

Guitar Woman Oct 29th, 2010 02:08 PM

All three Thief games scared me pretty badly. In addition to the ever-present, oppressive vibe gained from being an intruder in every level, all three games have a point where you stop having to match wits with and hide from human opponents and move on to supernatural shit. Zombies, something like 5 different kinds of notzombies, ghosts, Eldritch beings, giant spiders, steampunk battle mechs with nightmare faces, the beastmen, etc. Thief 2 even had something resembling Cybermen from Doctor Who.

Deadly Shadows is particularly nasty, probably to make up for the levels being about 1/4th of the size as in the first two. In addition to the Shalebridge Cradle, easily the scariest level in any video game, ever, you've also got the ghost ship, the Hag, her statues, the Keeper Assassins, the Hammer Haunts and Zombies rendered with more than 5 polygons per model (note that they were still scary back then), and, well, did I mention the fucking Cradle?

I've only played through Deadly Shadows once, and I don't plan to do it ever again, in spite of how great it was, because I'd have to deal with the Puppets again. Fuck those things.

Wiffles Oct 30th, 2010 11:21 AM

Hey bunnyman, if you got a ps3, Siren is also a pretty neat and scary game. Its set in japan and stuff.

Fatal frame series is good too, if you like photographing the spookies