I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Krythor Jul 17th, 2009 06:55 PM

Did you ever start watching The Wire Milhouse? It is my favourite show!

Babs Jul 18th, 2009 02:05 AM

The Office and Tim and Eric: Awesome Shows Great Job are the only shows worth watching. Maybe the Mighty Boosh as well but that's about as close as it gets to anything being watchable.

Esuohlim Jul 18th, 2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 638132)
Did you ever start watching The Wire Milhouse? It is my favourite show!

Yes! I started about a week ago and I'm only about seven or eight episodes in, but I'm past the point where I'm merely trying to keep track of characters. D'Angelo's chess lesson from early on is my favorite scene so far, and it love how it parallels the events in the show. It's been pretty brilliant so far, and I hear that it only gets better. :eek

I like most of the characters, especially Bunk and Freamon. McNulty and Omar are ok. Herc is obnoxious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES
The Office and Tim and Eric: Awesome Shows Great Job are the only shows worth watching. Maybe the Mighty Boosh as well but that's about as close as it gets to anything being watchable.

You're a fucking idiot. Shut up.

Babs Jul 18th, 2009 02:37 AM

Go suck on Jack Bauers dick and get off to NCIS some more you lonely piece of shit.

Krythor Jul 18th, 2009 01:22 PM

I don't think Milhouse was suggesting that 24 and NCIS were fantastic alternatives to the shows you mentioned.

By the way, did you know that The Beatles are the only band worth listening to? Everything else is just, well... it's just garbage!

Yeah, The Wire does get a lot better. Each season has a different theme and tone; it's still impossible for me to decide which is my favourite out of 2, 3 and 4. 5 is a bit silly but it's still great. You'll also be surprised how you start to love characters you hate and vice versa, and the cast of characters by the end is HUGE.

Tadao Jul 18th, 2009 01:36 PM

Babs should not be allowed to use Kim's picture as an avatar.

Krythor Jul 18th, 2009 01:39 PM

Oh yeah, also Milhouse, never, ever, search for Wire videos on youtube; the suggested videos box will be your undoing.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2009 09:56 PM

I saw the first episode of Michael and Michael have issues. It was kinda funny, hopefully it continues to get better.

Dimnos Jul 21st, 2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 638176)
I don't think Milhouse was suggesting that 24 and NCIS were fantastic alternatives to the shows you mentioned.

While both of those shows are shit they are in FACT fantastic alternatives to the shows Babs mentioned.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 03:33 PM

I like Tim and Eric and The Office (I haven't seen the american version, I for some reason just assumed he meant the British one) so, whatever. I really don't like the Mighty Boosh though, at all. The moon parts especially make me cringe.

Dimnos Jul 21st, 2009 03:54 PM

If you are going to watch Tim and Eric you might as well go to a gay bar and let some perv in his late 40s slip you a mickey.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 04:01 PM

Or laugh.

executioneer Jul 21st, 2009 04:12 PM

the first season of T&E was great, but the humor's been going downhill lately i think

Esuohlim Jul 21st, 2009 04:17 PM

I like The Office and Tim & Eric can be pretty funny, but calling them the only shows "even close to being watchable" ranks up there with the stupidest things I've ever seen posted here.

And I've read my share of Lenor posts.

Krythor Jul 21st, 2009 04:25 PM

I liked michael and michael have issues too, by the way, but always feel with those guy's shows that in every area apart from the jokes they can be pretty lazy. Both this and Stella have aesthetic issues that work for the Stella Shorts where the slap dash way they're put together helps the comedy, but not for 20 minute sitcoms. I thought the relationship between the sketch show and their universe's reality was unclear, and the sketch show lacked character. I mean, in a show like Larry Sanders you got an impression of what the show within the show meant to that world.

It's only the first episode so I shouldn't complain. It was very very funny, which is all that really matters to me personally, but that's not all that matters to most people and it's easy to see why a show like this would get cancelled early on, which frustrates me.

Ant10708 Jul 22nd, 2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Steele (Post 582683)
i've only watched weeds out of all of those milhouse, but it is worth watching. Very uneven writing, (the subplots for her brother in law are especially terrible, and the uppity fat black woman is annoying), but the overall storyline is good and it's pretty funny. I would say it's about half as good as Arrested Development

the two shows have nothing in common and shouldn't be compared

stevetothepast Jul 22nd, 2009 05:39 PM

The only tv show that is worth watching these days is Antiques Roadshow

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2009 05:49 PM

Histories Mysteries.

darkvare Jul 23rd, 2009 12:50 AM

i like dexter and breaking bad the thrid season was fucking awesome (speaking of dexter) and i like watching tv shows with no story cause if i miss an episode i can still follow it

genroxbro Aug 1st, 2009 05:31 PM

Television Shows

This topic is all about showing everybody your favorite show, anime, movie, hell even commericals. Please do not say that someone elses shows suck or say that your show or any other show is better. And no spamming or lying ok? Now, what is your favorite show? Let me introduce myself.

executioneer Aug 1st, 2009 06:34 PM

so do you guys want me to leave this one, or what

The Leader Aug 1st, 2009 07:12 PM

Naw, take 'em out.

Esuohlim Aug 1st, 2009 11:10 PM

These Internet 2.0 spammers are getting clever :o

I just finished the first season of the Wire and I can't wait to start the second. I almost want to rewatch the first episode and see how different it is now that I know everybody.

Aimless Aug 2nd, 2009 07:57 AM

I am completely in love with the wire. Bubbles, Omar and Dukie are my favorites.

(....I love honey nut cheerios)

mark123456 Aug 4th, 2009 05:27 AM

ups is provide power protection to the tv