I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dead Space (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700772)

LordSappington Oct 7th, 2008 10:40 PM

Dead Space

Looks like it's going to be a pretty badass game. What do you guys think?

Guitar Woman Oct 7th, 2008 10:42 PM

System Shock 2 and Doom 3 is what I think, but I liked both of those.

Well, ok, one of those. It does look pretty interesting.

darkvare Oct 7th, 2008 11:13 PM

it seems ok but i wish there was a demo so i can try it first

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2008 01:57 PM

Looks bad ass and I cant wait to try it

wobzire Oct 8th, 2008 02:11 PM

This is one of the few games coming out in the near future I'm excited about. However I have horrible taste in games so thats bad news.

LordSappington Oct 8th, 2008 08:21 PM

I was at GameStop and the girl who works at the store was showing me the art book that comes with a pre ordered copy, and damned if it didn't look AWESOME. It even had fairly functional 3D pages in it.

Skab Redd Oct 8th, 2008 09:59 PM

Upon seeing the trailer, I had two initial reactions...
1. Girls singing nursery rhymes in montage to astronauts being torn to shreds by aliens isn't really scary.
2. I want to kill one of those alien things.
So this'll probably be a Christmas lister.

LordSappington Oct 8th, 2008 11:48 PM

The nursery rhymes WERE kinda lame, but still, it looks damned awesome.

Supafly345 Oct 9th, 2008 05:19 PM

I'll play it. Even though it is just recycling everything from other games.

Nick Oct 9th, 2008 06:33 PM

I think I'll wait until I see some reviews first.

argonath Oct 15th, 2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 586327)
I think I'll wait until I see some reviews first.

Gamespot has some wood for it: Dead Space review

Nick Oct 16th, 2008 06:36 PM

Gamespot takes it in the pocket, though.

pac-man Oct 16th, 2008 08:18 PM

1up also has a chubby.

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2008 04:22 PM

Holy shiit, this game is so fucking scary and fun simultaneously. So much fun.

I call it a buy.

OxBlood Oct 21st, 2008 03:03 AM

And I wish it would ship...I really should go for an agreement with every big publisher that they send me a copy of the game THE SECOND it goes Gold. First thing to do: Mail it to Oxblood.

Nick Oct 22nd, 2008 03:22 AM

I bought it, I guess I'll have to hurry up and play it before Fable 2 and Fallout 3 gets here.

pac-man Oct 22nd, 2008 03:27 AM

Fable II is already here.

Nick Oct 22nd, 2008 03:29 PM

My copy doesn't get here until October, 27. You dick. :(

pac-man Oct 22nd, 2008 04:17 PM

Well, hey, you got Dead Space to keep you occupied in the meantime.:)

Sam Oct 22nd, 2008 07:56 PM

I'd rather have Dead Space then Fable 2.

Just sayin'.

LordSappington Oct 22nd, 2008 10:48 PM

The lights in the game are designed after dentist lights; that's what REALLY gets me; I'm terrified of dentists.
It was kinda cool, though; I couldn't put my finger on what was creeping me out so bad, then I saw that Sci vs. Fi the other night and they explained it.

pac-man Oct 23rd, 2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 589672)
I'd rather have Dead Space then Fable 2.

Just sayin'.

After spending a healthy amount of time with Fable 2, I might be inclined to agree with you. The co-op is pretty fun, but healing my hero with food has made him a fatty.

OxBlood Oct 23rd, 2008 02:45 AM

Ok, so mine came yesterday...finally. Got to Chapter 6 and I REALLY like what they did. The atmosphere is wonderful, the main character looks excellent (I like suits with helmets/masks), the weapons feel good and interesting, they even managed to design the standart weapon well, something many games don´t get right.

The scares are pretty good too, even though the necromorphs stop being scary around chapter 4 I´d say, since you got used to them bursting through vents and stuff. Heck, even the german dub is very good and that´s a really rare thing. I´m willing to say, Dead Space is an absolutely excellent Game, a fun package. Unless it really declines in the second half, but I don´t really believe that. The thing with the dentists lights is something I must have missed, I never noticed that, but then again, I don´t care if a dentist is drilling my teeth *shrugs*

I also like the fact that you only get ammo-drops for you equipped weapons, makes it easy to focus on your favorite tools.

Guitar Woman Nov 1st, 2008 02:02 PM

I think this game is all right!

Isaac has the greatest curb stomp since Henry Townshend, although I think if I couldn't cut off the heads and limbs of corpses I'd barely ever use it.

Also could third person action game developers learn how to make a game with fucking decent aiming please ok thanks

DeadKennedys Nov 1st, 2008 04:09 PM

Yep, best curb stomp this side of American History X. Shame that it takes about 20 to kill even the basic slashers (at least on hard). Pretty damn incredible game, think The Thing + Event Horizon. I would've liked a few more bosses but I'm just nitpicking.

It's scary, or at least tense and atmospheric, the whole way through... but for those internet tough guys that *never get scared*, you will shit your pants during a certain cutscene, I guarantee it.

Anyway, on my 2nd playthrough going for the One Gun achievement, hoo boy