I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HAY GUYZ WE BOUGHT A 360 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698197)

Chojin Nov 11th, 2007 06:25 PM

HAY GUYZ WE BOUGHT A 360

We got an elite, it came with Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and I already had Halo 3 legendary edition, and we also got Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari, and Viva Pinata. And and and I bought Marathon 2 off of x-box live arcade and it's honestly an amazing port of the game.

My gamertag is Chojin Six and MLE's is SnazzyMLE

I've already added Noob3, but what are you guys' tags?

Emu Nov 11th, 2007 06:58 PM

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HOLD OUT FOR THE FALCON TOGETHER

TOGETHER

;_;

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 08:02 PM

The elite blows up too :<

Chojin Nov 11th, 2007 09:41 PM

yeah, but I bought an intercooler which promises to reduce the heat to "barely plasmatic" temperatures. So now it's EVEN LOUDER.

But yes, I know it has heat problems, but from what I was reading online, they're not shipping falcons until they've cleared their current stock, which makes sense if your only priority as a company is increasing the depth of the pool FILLED WITH MONEY IN WHICH YOU TAKE BRISK SWIMS IN THE TWILIGHT. And I didn't want to wait anymore, what with Smackdown VS Raw 08 coming out next week.

AND, when/when it blows up, we'll send it off for repairs and still be mostly unaffected because the Wii still gets the most play out of our systems, and after it comes back from its month's tour of duty, it'll have the new chipset in it.

By the way, the Marathon 2 remake has exceeded my expectations a thousand-fold. It is god. damn. good. I think it actually controls better than Halo. Now if anyone else would play it online with me...

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 10:00 PM

As a PC gamer I think Halo is clunky and gay and I only put up with the console version because my idiot friend refuses to get the PC one and play it with me

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 10:01 PM

but I'll still play the original Marathon 2 with you anytime

Or whenever I get around to downloading the enormous hi-res graphics pack

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 12:57 AM

Chojin's resolve caved in! Guitar Woman still trying hard as he may to be cool! Will the world end?

If, on the off-chance everybody else you know decides to ostracize you, I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.

XBL: Raggamofyn

You'll have to tell me how good Smackdown vs. Raw is.

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2007 01:33 AM

My gamertag is z0mb0id (zeros not Os) but lately I only ever play halo 3 and arcade games.

darkvare Nov 12th, 2007 09:54 AM

add me i really wanna hear how you talk, zomboid and his friends laugh at the way i talk lol

noob3 Nov 12th, 2007 01:06 PM

you did the right thing, chojin! NOW BUY GEARS :0

Chojin Nov 12th, 2007 02:18 PM

I refuse to buy gears of war ;<

And the only thing i caved on is when we got the 360 - I wanted to wait for the falcon model before, but the SIREN'S SONG of already owning Halo 3 and Smackdown VS Raw coming out this week was too much to bear ;<

Why oh why does no one play Marathon online with xbla ;< The matchmaking service for it's really shitty too; you can't just wait for a game to start, you have to keep pinging LOOK LOOK LOOK

In other news, Doom for 360 is retarded and terrible; they didn't change a GOD DAMN THING and are still selling it for $10. As in, it isn't widescreen, and deathmatch options are dick.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 02:22 PM

Aren't you glad you previewed it before you bought it? You didn't buy it, did you?

Oh Chong.

Having fun with Halo 3?

Chojin Nov 12th, 2007 02:24 PM

Halo 3's a fun game, but running in deathmatch feels really slow. I guess I should be used to that since I used to play Kingpin all the time, but the difference in speed between Halo and Marathon is such that it's a huge shock every time I go back to Halo and suddenly I'm trapped in quicksand.

timrpgland Nov 12th, 2007 02:49 PM

My gamertag is KefkaGrim. I haven't played all that much 360 lately but will be again once I finish some other games. Gotta play Halo 3 some more and get COD4.

noob3 Nov 12th, 2007 03:01 PM

I don't even know what Marathon is, but Halo 3 is really fun online. I need to buy it :o And Chojin, most of the time it's not me on caithiscaith, because my Xbox is at my friend's house right now. I'll be getting it back pretty soon, because Jen is wanting to buy Beautiful Katamari :p How is it, by the way?

Buy Deadrising, it should be cheap nowadays.

RaNkeri Nov 12th, 2007 03:17 PM

I'm looking forward for the thread where Chojin whines about RROD.

Dr. V Nov 12th, 2007 10:36 PM

When does this "falcon" become available?

Emu Nov 12th, 2007 10:47 PM

I read someplace that the falcon isn't actually a new model of the 360 itself (which is what I thought it was) but is instead a smaller processor or something that's not prone to overheating, and that it's already been included in the shit-colored Halo 3 360s.

Dr. V Nov 12th, 2007 11:08 PM

Yeah I read that too. It's basically a smaller, more energy efficient chipset. But I will wait to buy until it drops in regular boxes.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 11:10 PM

The problem is the solder points between the processor and the graphics processor are breaking because A) They aren't properly secured (that 'ole X-Clamp thing I was talking about) and B) because the heat the combination puts out causes them to expand.

A smaller processor that puts out less hear or stronger clamps would fix the problem. The first of the Elite versions didn't come with the smaller processor (the Falcon), but I believe they do now. If not now, then the beginning of next year.

I dunno if they're puttin' them into the Premium and Arcade versions.

DeadKennedys Nov 13th, 2007 02:11 AM

Keaton421 here. I got an elite saturday, been playin the hell out of Halo. Can't wait to get CoD 4

Chojin Nov 16th, 2007 08:53 PM

Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.

Mockery Nov 16th, 2007 11:21 PM

I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.

Dr. V Nov 16th, 2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 511406)
I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.

I'm waiting for one more price cut. What's the difference between all the versions, anyway?

Zomboid Nov 16th, 2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 511402)
Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.

Mine hasn't ever gotten hot. It might be because I never have it on the carpet or anything that could block the air flow, but its always fine.