I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Should I start A Web Comic? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19547)

Jeff The Ninja Dec 29th, 2005 05:44 AM

Should I start A Web Comic?

I mean one where there is actual action and a plot. I have a great Idea and I cannot seem to figure out how to put it on paper. I just want to post a couple of pages and get some feedback on what I am doing. Plus, i need some help coming up with a Name for the Comic.

Shyandquietguy Dec 29th, 2005 06:42 AM

Do it, go for it. You should be able to make fame a rare occurance of being worth the effort on the internet as long as you remember not to come back here.

Mike P Dec 29th, 2005 11:46 PM

Webcomics do not equal fame unless they're well-advertised. But yes, by all means, go for making a webcomic. As for the name, go with either a main theme from the major plotline (it sounds like you have one) or name it after a main character. Or go with an obscure word that no one has heard of, or an anagram.

DOOM2099 Jun 14th, 2006 06:29 PM

Rock on! We believe in you!

Post a link to what you have so far.

Wiffle Bat Jun 27th, 2006 05:03 AM

You can do it! </Adam Sandler>

Emu Jun 27th, 2006 09:24 AM

"You can do it" is Tony Little, jackass

noob3 Jul 3rd, 2006 06:41 PM

I hope you don't make one, because it would more than likley be a pile of shit. I mean, judging by your general sense of humour on the boards. You arn't that funny, so don't waste your time!

Fathom Zero Jul 4th, 2006 03:57 AM

I don't think he'll make it. And that's not because the thread is 6 months old.

Dole Jul 18th, 2006 04:20 PM

Jeff:no

Juttin Jul 18th, 2006 08:12 PM

No, you shouldn't make a comic :/

Angryhydralisk Dec 4th, 2006 01:55 PM

Go for it. I bet it'd be better than VGCats at least. Hell, all my favorite webcomics (Manascrewed and Sexy Losers) kinda died.

Smon Apr 10th, 2007 08:23 AM

Go for it, I started like 8 different webcomics (the only ones I care to bring up are ActRaised and Quarks, mostly because they got deleted)
and all it did was make me draw better.

As far as a name, just go with a word that means somehing cool, like... Oricalchum.

executioneer Apr 10th, 2007 09:10 PM

no it should be something descriptive like "sucks a million dicks" because webcomics generally suck a million dicks :eek

Jeff The Ninja Jul 10th, 2007 02:41 PM

You do realise that this topic is almost two years old now, right. :(

executioneer Jul 10th, 2007 08:49 PM

you do realize that you are replying to it again after it had been dead for almost exactly three months, right

thunder Sep 16th, 2008 06:56 AM

SOMEONE DID A GOOD WEB COMIC... I GUESS!!

Hi guys!
i heard about a new web comic called The Cide......
i know that in Italy it created a lot of expectations 'cause is graphically innovative and it's totally free and just on the web.
i've seen it on www.thecide.com
i liked it a lot..... 'cause i never seen something like that.i hope that the story will be as good as the graphics!!
i recommend you to read it!!
see ya

wobzire Sep 16th, 2008 09:59 AM

That was a neat web page but the actual comic was a little boring. Then again what do I know, my comics are about as much fun as soggy underpants.